All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Standby minimizes Gameex window

silentfox359

I am having a problem that I saw someone else was having but they never seemed to resolve it, so I thought I would start another thread about it.

Basically when the computer is put in Standby mode, either by a remote or from the Gameex menu, it will minimize Gameex and then enter standby. When I resume from standby Gameex is still minimized and so I will have to use a mouse to bring it back up.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom: I did a little research on this and discovered that you can detect when a system comes out of standby by handling the Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.PowerModeChanged event and checking PowerModeChangedEventArgs.Mode for PowerModes.Resume. Then you could just maximize the GameEx window if it's not already. I suppose you could also check the GameEx window state when it enters suspend and set it back to that state on resume.

Tom: I did a little research on this and discovered that you can detect when a system comes out of standby by handling the Microsoft.Win32.SystemEvents.PowerModeChanged event and checking PowerModeChangedEventArgs.Mode for PowerModes.Resume. Then you could just maximize the GameEx window if it's not already. I suppose you could also check the GameEx window state when it enters suspend and set it back to that state on resume.

Thanks, I've been meaning to do something with this issue. Ill check it out.

Got a question for you. If GameEx is already maximized or normal but does not have the focus on resume how would I set it so it does? Never really known the best way to do that, or if its even possible with XP and beyond?

Thanks, I've been meaning to do something with this issue. Ill check it out.

Got a question for you. If GameEx is already maximized or normal but does not have the focus on resume how would I set it so it does? Never really known the best way to do that, or if its even possible with XP and beyond?

I think the following should be enough

Form.BringToFront()
Form.Activate()
Form.Focus()