All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Need beta testers for Vista Ultrastik plugin prototype

Oqqalz

It has been brought to my attention that the Ultrastik plugin I developed does not work on Vista. I do not have Vista but after checking a couple of web sites, I found that the USB library that I use in my plugin is not Vista compatible, hence the problem.

Therefore, I have searched and found another USB library that supposedly works on XP as well as Vista; but it can only communicate with Human Interface Devices. Luckily, Ultrastiks fit into that category.

I have written a prototype, using the new library, that, for now, checks and lists the Ultrastik(s) current installed on your machine. Can many of you please run the executible on your machines, especially those with Vista, and let me know if it correctly identified your sticks?

If this all works out, I should have a new Vista compatible Ultrastik plugin out soon.

The app is a C# Console application, therefore you will need to run it from a DOS Prompt to see the results.

Thanks for the help!

SetControls.zip

hi,

i will try to give this a shot. i have a laptop with a vista partition on it, i'll have to see about plugging my cp into it. i'll get back to you.

i have a related question about this plugin:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?sh...20&start=20

simply is there any way that the analog profile can be used in place of mouse?

the U360 mouse mode seems mostly only useful for GUI interaction when you have no trackball. it tends to disrupt things a bit in mame. most notably the remapping of btn 1,2,3 as mouse keys.

Oggalz: It's come to my attention that your using a GPL'd library for your Ultrastik plugin from here. The author (2600) has said that your violating the GPL licence that his library is released under.

It's a condition of the GPL licence that you include the source to your code that uses this library. We hope you can respect his wishes and include the source, along with the licence document and relevant data that is required by the GPL.

We really appreciate your work, and I don't want to sound like I'm trying to bust balls here, but it's best we follow any licence agreements for any plugins written for GameEx. Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...

here is the output with 1 & 2 sticks connected

C:\temp>setcontrols
Detecting Ultrastiks...
1 Ultrastik found
* Ultrastik #1 - Vendor ID:d209, Product ID:0501
Done.

C:\temp>setcontrols
Detecting Ultrastiks...
2 Ultrastiks found
* Ultrastik #1 - Vendor ID:d209, Product ID:0501
* Ultrastik #2 - Vendor ID:d209, Product ID:0502
Done.

C:\temp>VER

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]

C:\temp>

please -- if u release a new version of this plugin .... make the setcontrols.exe use 'analog' instead of 'mouse' for trackball/spinner games =)

afaik , setcontrols.exe should be open source btw according to that gpl/lgpl but the plugin itself i dont think needs to be ('l'gpl library use of code)

also it would help if it was since that will allow someone to make gpwiz49 support much easier using just that exe :)

• 1 month later...

I just tested it out on my Vista64 system and received the following message:

Detecting Ultrastiks...

No Ultrastiks found

Done.

I have two U360s setup and working with UltraMap. However, I did have to get a different version of the libusb0.sys from Andy in order to get it working properly on Vista 64bit.