All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] CPWizard v2.35

headkaze

I play some console-games with MESS, I found that pressing pause cpwizard starts but does not display the controls correctly.

Mess equals Mame, headkaze should not be difficult for you fix it :)

I actually had what I thought was a good idea today. (you guys probably did this 6 weeks ago)

I did a batch export to C:\mame32\CPW, then changed the PCB path in the advanced configuration/ basic mame settings(1) to C:\mame32\CPW. After that in text/language(12) I changed PCB:PCB to PCB:Control Panel.

This gives me the option of displaying the controla panel fron CPWizard before I start a game (obviously)

The problem I have is that the text for PCB in GX hasn't changed. I checked in the Gameex config file and it shows the change I made (As well as it shows the change is still there after closing and restarting the Advanced configuration.

WHAT'S UP?

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into a problem getting CPWizard setup and running on my Vista 64 system. When I go to run your application I get the following error message: "The type initializer for 'cp' threw an exception. at o.a()"

I found in the InstallGS.reg that the path to GS was hard coded to c:\program files\gs. For 64 bit systems the path for 32 bit installs will be c:\program files (x86)\. I edited the reg file and imported it, but still received the same error.

Thanks in advance!

I've run into a problem getting CPWizard setup and running on my Vista 64 system. When I go to run your application I get the following error message: "The type initializer for 'cp' threw an exception. at o.a()"

I found in the InstallGS.reg that the path to GS was hard coded to c:\program files\gs. For 64 bit systems the path for 32 bit installs will be c:\program files (x86)\. I edited the reg file and imported it, but still received the same error.

Thanks in advance!

Can you post here your CPWizard.log file please.

Hey Ben, sounds like you need to add compatibilty for 64-bit windows. Basically 32 bit programs install in a different location and registry settings for 32 bit programs are elsewhere to.

Also unless you run as admin in Vista it wont let you write data to \program files. You can set a reigstry key in inno setup to flag programs to run as admin.

Email me if I can help, I have a 64-bit vista install here.

Hey Ben, sounds like you need to add compatibilty for 64-bit windows. Basically 32 bit programs install in a different location and registry settings for 32 bit programs are elsewhere to.

Also unless you run as admin in Vista it wont let you write data to \program files. You can set a reigstry key in inno setup to flag programs to run as admin.

Email me if I can help, I have a 64-bit vista install here.

Yes, I have .NET Framework installed. As Tom mentioned, believe the issue is probably due to structure differences for 64bit Windows.

Thanks for you guys looking into this.

Yes, I have .NET Framework installed. As Tom mentioned, believe the issue is probably due to structure differences for 64bit Windows.

Thanks for you guys looking into this.

Tom has confirmed that he gets the same error. Bare with me I'm going to get Vista running on VirtualBox and see if I can figure out whats going on.

Hi Headkaze,

I have been trying your excellent cpwizard for the last few versions, but with the last version 1.61 it doesn't come up on screen when I press pause in mame, it worked fine in previous versions (except in the last couple of versions it didn't seem to return mame to fullscren mode - mame was minimized to the task bar after exiting the cpwizard interface and I had to manually click it to return mame to fullscreen) but the cp interface doesn't even appear now! I am using the same settings as before, I tried differet mame versions (118,119,123) and different PC's, one running vista ultimate 32bit and the other running vista premium 32bit, with the same result. have you or anyone else experience this? have you any ideas? Just to let you know, I can launch the preview fine from the interface. my log file and control panel layout files are attached.

Thanks,

Draconus.CPWizard.zip

Hi Headkaze,

I have been trying your excellent cpwizard for the last few versions, but with the last version 1.61 it doesn't come up on screen when I press pause in mame, it worked fine in previous versions (except in the last couple of versions it didn't seem to return mame to fullscren mode - mame was minimized to the task bar after exiting the cpwizard interface and I had to manually click it to return mame to fullscreen) but the cp interface doesn't even appear now! I am using the same settings as before, I tried differet mame versions (118,119,123) and different PC's, one running vista ultimate 32bit and the other running vista premium 32bit, with the same result. have you or anyone else experience this? have you any ideas? Just to let you know, I can launch the preview fine from the interface. my log file and control panel layout files are attached.

Thanks,

Draconus.CPWizard.zip

Can you post your CPWizard.ini file

Thanks in advance!

Download 1.61 again and it should work in Vista 64 now :)

Can you try this..

Go into Edit->Options->Mame and turn off the "Use Overlay" option. Let me know how you go.

Tried it,but no luck! I also tried ticking dynamic data loading checkbox to see if that made any difference but it didn't. While mame is paused it doesn't even show when I alt-tab between running apps (as the cpwizard interface isn't running).As I mentioned it was working fine in previous versions, I might go back to a previous version to see if it cures the problem later. should know if it is a bug or not then, but I hope I don't need to, as I would also lose your latest improvements, so I hope you can still help.

Thanks again Headkaze,

Draconus

Didn't HK change the keys used to bring up the CPWizard (maybe it was in MAME)? It used to be 'P' and now it's 'I'? I could be smoking crack though...

Hi Bkenobi,

Pressing the appropriate buttons to bring up cpwizard while mame was running never worked in any version of cpwiz for me no matter what I changed the key to in CPwiz options. It used to come up every time when I pressed pause and escape as well for some reason!(only toms "c" button to bring up his cp viewer from within gameex works for me). Thanks for your help though. are you using vista or the latest 1.61 cpwizard version and is it working ok for you?

Draconus

I think in order to make it come up in MAME, you have to use a custom compiled version. I have played with the CP Wizard, but I've never put enough time in to get it working 100% on my cab, so it's scaled wrong (I configured it on my main PC and transfered it to my cab which runs a TV). Anyway, I have it so that if I press the pause button in MAME the CP Wizard will come up, but I'm using a custom compiled MAME 0.122.

Didn't HK change the keys used to bring up the CPWizard (maybe it was in MAME)? It used to be 'P' and now it's 'I'? I could be smoking crack though...

Nope

I think in order to make it come up in MAME, you have to use a custom compiled version. I have played with the CP Wizard, but I've never put enough time in to get it working 100% on my cab, so it's scaled wrong (I configured it on my main PC and transfered it to my cab which runs a TV). Anyway, I have it so that if I press the pause button in MAME the CP Wizard will come up, but I'm using a custom compiled MAME 0.122.

No you don't need a custom compiled version, that is only if you want to display the CP *inside* Mame. CPWizard will still work with vanilla Mame running in the background and minimizing Mame.

Tried it,but no luck! I also tried ticking dynamic data loading checkbox to see if that made any difference but it didn't. While mame is paused it doesn't even show when I alt-tab between running apps (as the cpwizard interface isn't running).As I mentioned it was working fine in previous versions, I might go back to a previous version to see if it cures the problem later. should know if it is a bug or not then, but I hope I don't need to, as I would also lose your latest improvements, so I hope you can still help.

I still haven't had a chance to test inside Vista. Stay tuned and I'll see what I can do :)

Nope

No you don't need a custom compiled version, that is only if you want to display the CP *inside* Mame. CPWizard will still work with vanilla Mame running in the background and minimizing Mame.

I still haven't had a chance to test inside Vista. Stay tuned and I'll see what I can do :)

Thanks Headkaze, I look forward to see what you come up with. BTW I am using a compiled for intel core2 processor version of mame 0.123 with hiscore123.diff and bezel.zip.

Hi Headkaze :) Your nightmare is back...

In addition to the problem with M.E.S.S. I have a problem with the loadstates and the savestates in mame.

When I try to do this, I see cpwizard but this should not happen.

I have to quit cpwizard for return to screen mame state request

Hi Headkaze :) Your nightmare is back...

In addition to the problem with M.E.S.S. I have a problem with the loadstates and the savestates in mame.

When I try to do this, I see cpwizard but this should not happen.

I have to quit cpwizard for return to screen mame state request

I'm probably going to have to ask Aaron to add different types of pause messages sent from Mame, so it knows when to show the CP or not.