All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] CPWizard v2.35

headkaze

• 1 month later...

Hi Headkaze. I haven't checked in on CPWizard in awhile and noticed you've gone through some rev's. Did anyone ever figure out what was causing the arcade monitors / AVGA card problem? As a reminder, what happens is every other time I bring up cpwiz it crops out 3/4 of image so in the upper left I can see the cp image but the other 4 quadrants of the screen are black. This happens consistently every other time I bring up cpwiz, one time it will display perfectly, the next it crops out 3/4 of the screen. It's very odd.

Hi Headkaze. I haven't checked in on CPWizard in awhile and noticed you've gone through some rev's. Did anyone ever figure out what was causing the arcade monitors / AVGA card problem? As a reminder, what happens is every other time I bring up cpwiz it crops out 3/4 of image so in the upper left I can see the cp image but the other 4 quadrants of the screen are black. This happens consistently every other time I bring up cpwiz, one time it will display perfectly, the next it crops out 3/4 of the screen. It's very odd.

Have you tried the latest version? Those issues are fixed now AFAIK.

Have you tried the latest version? Those issues are fixed now AFAIK.

Sorry for the delayed reply, real life interfering with my arcade time again! :) I have the newest CPWiz installed if it's auto installed with each GameEx update, otherwise no. I'll have to double check the version number as I'm still having the same issue.

I've gotten this to work perfectly in Mame, however I tried turning on the example for project64, made sure the paths were all correct, and mapped a key. I think I may be missing something, because when I press the mapped key when using the emulator, nothing happens. Is there a faq or guide somewhere that might help me out that focuses on the profiles section of the program?

Actually that area of CPWizard has been neglected alot. Some emulators such as Project 64 don't like to be minimized. It does this wierd thing where it's window splits into two. I don't know why I have a Project 64 example because I'm guessing most emulators behave normally when you minimize and maximize them. But I haven't played around with it for a while sorry. I did want to improve this feature but I was hoping that other people could help get profiles made up for all the emulators that do work and then figure out how to get the rest working. Then there is also the fact that there are no official databases for emulators that show the controls for each game although I did start creating one based on data I had gotten from allgame.com.

CPWizard an of course show a layout based on data sent from the command line, so there is always that method to show the controls if the emu has issues being minimized.

I would like to get this working too. I have tried other emulators besides N64, but haven't had any luck. I did PM you a PS1 profile awhile back...

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, I'm trying to get CPWizard to work with emulators in maximus arcade. I have it working with mame perfectly, but I can't get it to work right with other emus though. I'll give you an example. I'm using maximus arcade's pre-launch feature to send a command before launching my NES emulator (VirtuaNES). I think the command is: "-layout VirtuaNES -timeout 5000" . This works great but I have to press alt+enter to get the emulator back to full screen. I have also tried using the profile section and can get it to work there also. I used the command: "-game VirtuaNES -timeout 5000. I just set up a generic layout and label file for all games. This works but with the same results. I have to hit alt + enter to get to full screen. Can I use the hide keys function in the profile section to send alt + enter or is there something else I am missing? Thank you very much for your help and this awesome program. I also really enjoy the mame compiler. Keep up the good work.

Hello, I'm trying to get CPWizard to work with emulators in maximus arcade. I have it working with mame perfectly, but I can't get it to work right with other emus though. I'll give you an example. I'm using maximus arcade's pre-launch feature to send a command before launching my NES emulator (VirtuaNES). I think the command is: "-layout VirtuaNES -timeout 5000" . This works great but I have to press alt+enter to get the emulator back to full screen. I have also tried using the profile section and can get it to work there also. I used the command: "-game VirtuaNES -timeout 5000. I just set up a generic layout and label file for all games. This works but with the same results. I have to hit alt + enter to get to full screen. Can I use the hide keys function in the profile section to send alt + enter or is there something else I am missing? Thank you very much for your help and this awesome program. I also really enjoy the mame compiler. Keep up the good work.

You are aware this is a forum for GameEx and not Maximus Arcade? :lol:

To send alt + enter try adding %{ENTER} to "Hide SendKeys" for the emulator's profile. Let me know how you go.

Yeah, I know. The Maximus Arcade forums have been down for quite a while and I havn't been granted access to post at the forum at arcade controls yet. Thanks for the quick response. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I will give it a try. Thanks again.

Yeah, I know. The Maximus Arcade forums have been down for quite a while and I havn't been granted access to post at the forum at arcade controls yet. Thanks for the quick response. I'm at work right now, but when I get home I will give it a try. Thanks again.

All the better reason to move to GameEx. We have a Maximus Arcade style theme too ;)

• 4 months later...

Just installed CPWizard and it seems great. I'm only having one problem and it's trying to map the the mouse buttons. My Slikstik Quad unit has them mapped as player 2 buttons four & five (second row first two postions (think low kick for Mortal Kombat, :) ). Before installing CPwizard they worked, but once installed, I can't get them to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So there are 5 files in there. hotrod,hotrodse,scorpionxg,slikstik, and xarcade. Looking in them all I am not seeing one that match what CPWizard is showing for the buttons. Am I confused on what cpwizard is using to know what keyboard keys go with which button?

To create an ini from Mame you need to use the command line with the -cc switch. On my system it would look like this:
"E:\Arcade _Emulation_Misc\Mame\Mame64.exe" -cc
Obviously the path and possibly the mame.exe would need to be adjusted for your system.

• 5 months later...

What's the opposite of a "purple patch"? Well, I'm bloody hitting it at the moment.

I'm really interested in trying out CPWizard, but failing at the first hurdle. Trying to get this running "stand alone" (i.e. without GEx) to start with.

I followed these guides here:

http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=cpwizard&page=install

http://retro-replay.com/how-to-set-up-cp-wizard/

Only problem is, the game specific button names aren't being mapped onto the buttons through preview (nor in game), as per step 10 of head's guide. (Pics attached)

I'm figuring that this has something to do with controls.xml (in CPWiz folder). Tried renaming it to control.dat - no joy.

Weird thing is, when I enable cpwizrd through GEx - buttons are mapped correctly (in GEx)

Feel like I'm being high maintenance atm, but desperately trying to get all this sorted out whilst on leave!

Any help appreciated - one day when I'm all set up, I'll be able to step in (hopefully) and start helping rather than 'leeching' knowledge!

Cheers chaps

post-14176-0-24072500-1377281174_thumb.p

post-14176-0-25397700-1377281224_thumb.p

I would rename the file back to controls.xml just for starters. :)

Considering all of the problems you are having with Mame, I'm starting to wonder if something is wonky with your setup. Maybe you have more than one version setup, and things are getting confused?

Also, AFAIK Headkaze reads the mame.ini file from the Mame folder, and not the Mame\ini folder. If you don't have a copy in your Mame folder, put one there.

Lastly, make sure that you have the buttons on your CP layout assigned to the same mappings that you have setup in Mame.

Naw - it's me, Tempest! Getting down to the nitty gritty now and it's getting ugly! :)

Brill - my MAME keys were set to non-default values. Just deleted cfg > default.cfg + all tickety-boo now :)

Just one q - changing my mame settings seems to change INI > mame.ini. Does this mean I will have to manually copy it over to [MAME Root] every time :/

Thanks again Tempest - incisive assistance offered :)

@stigzler - I merged your issue topic with the actual user project. Troubleshooting issues with a plug-in or application are best handled within the thread that the author created for it and offer your best chance at getting their attention and resolution. Otherwise, there is the general forum for GameEx issues proper. Thanks!