All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] CPWizard v2.35

headkaze

Thanks headkaze, I describe my test

- Joystick 1 does not work

- Joystick 2 partially work (only button, direction auto-accept but it does not work ingame)

- gs path work only if I edit cpwizard.ini

- cpwizard detects the pause of mame correctly but mame remains paused when so exiting cpwizard

- display work fine in my custom mame resolutions setting

:)

If I want to use my custom controls.ini how can I do? With Gameex cpviewer it work

<droooooooling>

Uh, oh... I'm getting an error when I hit the "x" to close CPWizard. Here's the error:

Can you please post your CPWizard.log

- Joystick 1 does not work

- Joystick 2 partially work (only button, direction auto-accept but it does not work ingame)

- gs path work only if I edit cpwizard.ini

- cpwizard detects the pause of mame correctly but mame remains paused when so exiting cpwizard

- display work fine in my custom mame resolutions setting

Can you please post your CPWizard.ini. I'll check out the GS path bug. The pause remaining is normal. Ahh glad the custom Mame resolutions works :)

ShowKey=KEYCODE_L

SelectKey=KEYCODE_LCONTROL

BackKey=KEYCODE_LALT

MenuUp=KEYCODE_UP

MenuDown=KEYCODE_DOWN

MenuLeft=KEYCODE_LEFT

MenuRight=KEYCODE_RIGHT

VolumeDown=KEYCODE_MINUS

VolumeUp=KEYCODE_EQUALS

ShowDesktop=KEYCODE_HOME

HideDesktop=KEYCODE_END

I don't see any JOYCODE's in there. You have to go to Edit->Options->Input tab, then use the "..." button to add JOYCODE's. You will need to press the button or whatever on your joystick to put the code in there. I'm wondering how Joystick 2 was partially working at all without those codes in there.

Sorry I had removed because only joy2 buttons and left-right directions works

I want joy1 : up and down directions and buttons

Anyway this configuration was :

[input]

ShowKey=KEYCODE_L

SelectKey=KEYCODE_LCONTROL|JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1

BackKey=KEYCODE_LALT|JOYCODE_2_BUTTON2

MenuUp=KEYCODE_UP|JOYCODE_2_XAXIS_LEFT_SWITCH

MenuDown=KEYCODE_DOWN|JOYCODE_2_XAXIS_RIGHT_SWITCH

MenuLeft=KEYCODE_LEFT

MenuRight=KEYCODE_RIGHT

VolumeDown=KEYCODE_MINUS

VolumeUp=KEYCODE_EQUALS

ShowDesktop=KEYCODE_HOME

HideDesktop=KEYCODE_END

Note :

joy 1 : not detected

joy 2 : left and right detected and configured but do not work, up and down do not detected,buttons detected and works

Version 1.03 Released

- Fixed joystick detection bug, GS path bug, added DirectInput dll to setup

sbaby: Hopefully that solves the joystick problem, if you can test this new version and get back to me. You will have to add JOYCODE's for both joysticks.

bkenobi: I did add all those extra joycodes you wanted, but need that tested when you get some time

WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW I enjoy these improvements, HEADKAZE I love you :):):):)

Good...

I tested v1.03 Beta 1 on 2 pc (only mame)

Pc 1) CABINET Intel dual core, 640x480 resolution, xp

- Joysticks psx1-usb 1 and 2 don't work (only buttons work) :( , detected but when go to mame and go to pause they do not work, if after this thing again cpwizard the joy is no longer detected. In my opinion there is a conflict with mame

- Resolution and desktop ok

- Volume control : I am also very interested at volume, I found that on a normal PC there are no problems.

On my pc-cab with a device m-audio (sometimes use them to make professionally music) the xp-mixer has not master volume control so when I use the buttons of cpwizard a crash sound happens.

Let me know if you can apply automation of cpwizard control on the WAV-fader of xp-mixer and not on master-fader

Pc 2) Pentium 4 , 1024x768 , xp, sound blaster

- Joysticks dualshock psx2-usb 1 and 2 work fine (rarely it does not detect input, but if cpwizard.ini is correct it works)

- Resolution and desktop : My mame setting is the same of my cab (640x480) but this pc has 1024x768. I play mame fine but cpwizard has this problem :

cpwizard640x480ac8.th.png

- Volume control OK

With mame and cpviewer I use my "custom" controls.ini (some games adapted to my control panel).

How to use it with cpwizard also ?

Joysticks psx1-usb 1 and 2 don't work (only buttons work) , detected but when go to mame and go to pause they do not work, if after this thing again cpwizard the joy is no longer detected. In my opinion there is a conflict with mame

Can you tell me the names of the JOYCODE_* in Mame for the controls that don't work in CPWizard. The joysticks I use for testing may not have the axis you need on your psx joysticks. If you can tell me the names used in Mame it should help me figure out whats missing.

detected but when go to mame and go to pause they do not work, if after this thing again cpwizard the joy is no longer detected. In my opinion there is a conflict with mame

I may need to aquire the joysticks again after pausing Mame. I will keep that in mind.

Let me know if you can apply automation of cpwizard control on the WAV-fader of xp-mixer and not on master-fader

The volume control is designed for the master fader. I don't really have any intention on changing that.

Resolution and desktop : My mame setting is the same of my cab (640x480) but this pc has 1024x768. I play mame fine but cpwizard has this problem :

Hmm I have a feeling I still have to put a delay in there to allow for the resolution change. That screenshot shows that CPWizard is displaying at 640x480 which probably means it's showing before the PC has changed back to 1024x768. I'm guessing you don't have this problem if you run your desktop at the same resolution as Mame?

Can you tell me the names of the JOYCODE_* in Mame for the controls that don't work in CPWizard. The joysticks I use for testing may not have the axis you need on your psx joysticks. If you can tell me the names used in Mame it should help me figure out whats missing.

Joy usb converter is the same in both cases, of these axes do not work

JOYCODE_1_YAXIS_UP_SWITCH

JOYCODE_1_YAXIS_DOWN_SWITCH

JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_LEFT_SWITCH

JOYCODE_1_XYAXIS_RIGHT_SWITCH

JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1

JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2

JOYCODE_1_BUTTON3

JOYCODE_1_BUTTON4

JOYCODE_1_BUTTON5

JOYCODE_1_BUTTON6

JOYCODE_1_BUTTON7

JOYCODE_1_BUTTON8

JOYCODE_1_BUTTON9

JOYCODE_1_BUTTON10

JOYCODE_2_YAXIS_UP_SWITCH

JOYCODE_2_YAXIS_DOWN_SWITCH

JOYCODE_2_XAXIS_LEFT_SWITCH

JOYCODE_2_XYAXIS_RIGHT_SWITCH

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON2

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON3

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON4

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON5

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON6

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON7

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON8

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON9

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON10

Hmm I have a feeling I still have to put a delay in there to allow for the resolution change. That screenshot shows that CPWizard is displaying at 640x480 which probably means it's showing before the PC has changed back to 1024x768. I'm guessing you don't have this problem if you run your desktop at the same resolution as Mame?

No problem with desktop at the same resolution as Mame. :)

For now I can only test my cab and then the joysticks (joyhack)

And YEAAAAHHHHHH finally, the joypad work fine :wub: many many thanks Headkaze

I have a problem remaining:

With mame and cpviewer I use my "custom" controls.ini (some games adapted to my control panel).

CPWizard uses controls.xml not controls.ini. I'm not sure what you mean by games adapted to your CP, as CPWizard should adjust for any custom mappings in Mame. If you just mean adding games missing in ControlsDat or changing labels, you could edit the controls.xml file in CPWizard\DATA\controls.xml.

CPWizard not adjust for custom mappings in Mame. I have a personal controller.ini in the CTRLR folder of mame. It works fine with cpviewer and mame but not with cpwizard. Cpwizard maintains the default configuration.

Example : some buttons for Mortal Kombat 3 are configured in different mode.

I edit my controller.ini and I put it in mame CTRL folder

<system name="mk3">

<input>

<port type="P1_BUTTON5" mask="2" index="19" defvalue="2">

<newseq type="standard">

KEYCODE_Z OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON6

</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P1_BUTTON6" mask="4" index="20" defvalue="4">

<newseq type="standard">

KEYCODE_X OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON5

</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON5" mask="32" index="23" defvalue="32">

<newseq type="standard">

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON6

</newseq>

</port>

<port type="P2_BUTTON6" mask="64" index="24" defvalue="64">

<newseq type="standard">

JOYCODE_2_BUTTON5

</newseq>

</port>

</input>

</system>

Mame now has this mk3 config default

Cpviewer ok but Cpwizard remain mame default

CPWizard not adjust for custom mappings in Mame. I have a personal controller.ini in the CTRLR folder of mame. It works fine with cpviewer and mame but not with cpwizard. Cpwizard maintains the default configuration.

Can you post your controller.cfg file from the ctrlr folder. It should work in CPWizard but I have not being able to test every scenario yet, so if you can post your controller.cfg file I should be able to fix that. Can you also post your mame.ini file.

Hi sbaby, I am trying to figure out why your saying the mappings arn't working in CPWizard. I just tried your ctrlr file and it seems to be working okay for me. Let me run you through what I did and then maybe you can explain to me what your expecting that is different to what I see.

Here is your layout file

post-367-1196222226_thumb.png

Here are your button mappings in the layout

P1_BUTTON1: KEYCODE_LCONTROL
P1_BUTTON2: KEYCODE_LALT
P1_BUTTON3: KEYCODE_SPACE
P1_BUTTON4: KEYCODE_LSHIFT
P1_BUTTON5: KEYCODE_Z
P1_BUTTON6: KEYCODE_X

P2_BUTTON1: JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1
P2_BUTTON2: JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2
P2_BUTTON3: JOYCODE_1_BUTTON3
P2_BUTTON4: JOYCODE_1_BUTTON4
P2_BUTTON5: JOYCODE_1_BUTTON5
P2_BUTTON6: JOYCODE_1_BUTTON6

Now I'm using your 1-MyCab.cfg ctrlr file but _WITHOUT_ the mk3 entry, here is what CPWizard displays

post-367-1196222277_thumb.png

So far so good? This is what we expect CPWizard to display right? Okay now I add in the mk3 entry to your 1-MyCab.cfg ctrlr file. So this is now _WITH_ the mk3 entry.

post-367-1196222293_thumb.png

Is this correct? It looks correct to me, because player 2, buttons 5 and 6 are reversed. That is exactly what should be happening according to your mk3 entry. Lets have a look at it in detail.

<system name="mk3">
<input>
<port type="P1_BUTTON5" mask="2" index="19" defvalue="2">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_Z OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON6
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P1_BUTTON6" mask="4" index="20" defvalue="4">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_X OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON5
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P2_BUTTON5" mask="32" index="23" defvalue="32">
<newseq type="standard">
JOYCODE_2_BUTTON6
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P2_BUTTON6" mask="64" index="24" defvalue="64">
<newseq type="standard">
JOYCODE_2_BUTTON5
</newseq>
</port>
</input>
</system>

According to this you are remapping the following:

P1_BUTTON5: KEYCODE_Z -> KEYCODE_Z OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON6
P1_BUTTON6: KEYCODE_X -> KEYCODE_X OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON5
P2_BUTTON5: JOYCODE_1_BUTTON5 -> JOYCODE_2_BUTTON6
P2_BUTTON6: JOYCODE_1_BUTTON6 -> JOYCODE_2_BUTTON5

Those player 1 buttons 5 and 6 are not being remapped, your mapping them to the same keys. But the player 2 buttons 5 and 6 are being swapped over. That is how they are being displayed in the CPWizard. Can you explain how it's mapping incorrectly?

MANY MANY THANKS Headkaze for your work, I am really happy with Cpwizard, I love it. :wub:

Those player 1 buttons 5 and 6 are not being remapped, your mapping them to the same keys. But the player 2 buttons 5 and 6 are being swapped over. That is how they are being displayed in the CPWizard. Can you explain how it's mapping incorrectly?

That was my old configuration, with the joystick I like some buttons , if by chance I play with the keyboard they want more. However, I forgot to change with the new cpwizard

Also, my setup was not joy2 because strangely did not work, now with some changes and the new cpwizard everything works fine. Works fine with MAME.

I thought to re-edit my 1-mycab.ini for proper display cpwizard and it will run with all my PCs and joysticks, I added "OR" and the two types of directions

JOYCODE "DEFAULT" : proper cpwizard display

JOYCODE "AXIS" : to play

1_MyCab.zip

Ex: TRACKNFIELD

<System name = "trackfld">

<Counters>

<Coins index = "0" number = "2" />

</ Counters>

<Input>

<Port type = "P1_BUTTON3" mask = "1" index = "10" defvalue = "1">

<Newseq type = "standard">

KEYCODE_SPACE OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON3 OR JOYCODE_1_RIGHT OR JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_RIGHT_SWITCH

</ Newseq>

</ Port>

<Port type = "P1_BUTTON2" mask = "2" index = "11" defvalue = "2">

KEYCODE_LALT OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON2 OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON7

</ Newseq>

</ Port>

<Port type = "P1_BUTTON1" mask = "4" index = "12" defvalue = "4">

KEYCODE_LCONTROL OR JOYCODE_1_BUTTON1 OR JOYCODE_1_LEFT OR JOYCODE_1_XAXIS_LEFT_SWITCH

</ Newseq>

</ Port>

<Port type = "P2_BUTTON3" mask = "16" index = "14" defvalue = "16">

KEYCODE_Q OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON3 OR JOYCODE_2_RIGHT OR JOYCODE_2_XAXIS_RIGHT_SWITCH

</ Newseq>

</ Port>

<Port type = "P2_BUTTON2" mask = "32" index = "15" defvalue = "32">

KEYCODE_S OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON2 OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON7

</ Newseq>

</ Port>

<Port type = "P2_BUTTON1" mask = "64" index = "16" defvalue = "64">

KEYCODE_A OR JOYCODE_2_BUTTON1 OR JOYCODE_2_LEFT OR JOYCODE_2_XAXIS_LEFT_SWITCH

</ Newseq>

</ Port>

</ Input>

</ System>

At the beginning I thought about this mode: Edit cpwizard layout (mycab.xml) adding the JOYCODE "AXIS":

Mycab__CPWIZARD_LAYOUT_.zip

ex :

<Code Type="Key Code" Value="KEYCODE_DOWN" />

<Code Type="Joystick Code" Value="JOYCODE_1_DOWN" />

<Code Type="Joystick Code" Value="JOYCODE_1_YAXIS_DOWN_SWITCH" />

But for now, I still maintain the first mode (JOYCODE "DEFAULT") because I found the right solution with mame, see above.

:P

Headkaze not want to be a "break boxes" but few would request and suggestion to improve cpwizard :

1) Option mamepath should have history.dat, cheat.dat, etc.. For example I have history.dat in Italian and every installation cpwizard is overridden in the \ Cpwizard \ Data from your English

2) A music mp3 or ambience, similar to break a console-game

3) shift-pagedown or combo to speed reading manuals and/or for volume

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I have to report a little annoying bugs:

Sometimes (when I hit pause on mame) cpwizard remains below and see only the black screen. Similar to minimized. I must press ALT-TAB or Esc to view it correctly and continue to use it. This does not happen often, I would say 20% of calls.

How can this be run outside of GE and Mame all together? For testing purposes.

A new version will be out soon that has a "preview" function. So I'd probably wait for the next release then you can check it out without having to run Mame.

sbaby: Some of your requests will be in the next release. To solve the overwrite problem for your Italian data files, maybe try setting them to read-only?

When I choose a game with lightgun, cpwizard makes me see the skin LightgunBak.png (rightly)

But when I go back in gameex and choose another game with no gun, cpwizard uses still LightgunBak.png :blink:

Some of your requests will be in the next release.

^_^ await with happiness