All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] LCD/LED Plugin 2.86

headkaze

I think I found a minor bug. If a game is a 2 player game and it uses a joystick, the joystick led won't light. But if it is a 4 player game and it uses a joystick, the joystick led will light.

Are these alternating games? I remember I changed it to not light the second joystick for alternating games as someone requested it. Or it could be some sort of key mapping issue as CPWizard can be a little picky about key mappings.

That was me who brought about the change. :)

@Popcorrin - I wrote a script to create Mame CFG files automatically, so that you can remap your controls based on any criteria that you want using Romlister. So if you want both sets of controls to be used in a 2 player alternating game, it will create the cfg files for you. This method is compatible with Led wiz, and CPWizard. You can read about it here:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?sh...c=6365&st=0

The topic is kind of long winded, but if you read the whole thing, I think you will have a better understanding of the possibilities.

The download is in Post #35.

If you need help, or have suggestions for improvements, let me know!

Are these alternating games? I remember I changed it to not light the second joystick for alternating games as someone requested it. Or it could be some sort of key mapping issue as CPWizard can be a little picky about key mappings.

It doesn't have to be alternating games. Just any 2 player game, whether alternating or simultaneous, and the joystick doesn't light up. 4 player and 3 player games light up fine, alternating or not.

Tempest, that sounds like a real nice utility. I have been looking for something just like that.

I currently have a strange problem with the plugin. I was using the latest version and everything was running fine, I was able to configure my leds using the profile editor.

But when I start now the Plugin Configuration no games are listed anymore under the profile editor when selecting Mame as the system (see screenshot).

I'm not totally sure, but I think this problem occured after I've configured another emulator in GameEx (Wolfmame for highscore recording). This emulator also showed up in the System dropdown box and the mame games were listed for this one. After I have disabled the Wolfmame emu it disappeared from the dropdown box, but still no games are listed when I select "Mame".

Any ideas what happened here?

post-5223-1230918706_thumb.jpg

I currently have a strange problem with the plugin. I was using the latest version and everything was running fine, I was able to configure my leds using the profile editor.

But when I start now the Plugin Configuration no games are listed anymore under the profile editor when selecting Mame as the system (see screenshot).

I'm not totally sure, but I think this problem occured after I've configured another emulator in GameEx (Wolfmame for highscore recording). This emulator also showed up in the System dropdown box and the mame games were listed for this one. After I have disabled the Wolfmame emu it disappeared from the dropdown box, but still no games are listed when I select "Mame".

Any ideas what happened here?

post-5223-1230918706_thumb.jpg

Forget my previous post, I've resolved it. The path to mame under the Options 2 tab was pointing to an old mame version.

Hi HK. I'm having trouble with the LED Input section. I've set the keycodes for the different buttons on my cp (mame default) but i can't seem to set colors for my rgb leds (i want to set the buttons a particular color while in gameex, have the plugin show you what buttons to use in mame/emulators then off during game play / also use luminaudio during jukebox). What happens is when i try to adjust rbg values for a button it just cycles thru the other buttons. I must be doing something silly. How does the plugin know what ports on my ledwiz any particular rgb led is connected to ?

Thanks again,

ian.

:)

This is the problem I am having and I read the response but I am not 100% sure I understand.

I have 3 LEDWiz's in my CP.

Say I select p1_coin and then set the input code which is Keycode_Q.

Then I set my Id to #2.

Why is it when I start to cycle through the RGB it starts out on the wrong button, moves to the correct and then off of correct button as I cycle through the colors? Why does it just not stay locked on to one single button and allow me to select the color of that button and only that button?

This is the problem I am having and I read the response but I am not 100% sure I understand.

I have 3 LEDWiz's in my CP.

Say I select p1_coin and then set the input code which is Keycode_Q.

Then I set my Id to #2.

Why is it when I start to cycle through the RGB it starts out on the wrong button, moves to the correct and then off of correct button as I cycle through the colors? Why does it just not stay locked on to one single button and allow me to select the color of that button and only that button?

Whats wrong there (if i recall correctly) is that you (and i also) have mistaken the RGB labels to be values of light intensity that you can assign to your buttons to (to give the buttons a particular color), when in fact they need to be assigned to physical ports on your ledwiz device (you'll see your terminals on the ledwiz numbered from 1 to 32).

Yes iano is correct, the "LED Input Map" tab is where you assign the physical inputs from the LEDWiz wires to your buttons. The "Profile Editor" is where you set the actual colors. You should at least have a "GameEx" profile with the default colors setup for Mame. When browsing though Mame games it will already light the buttons according to how they are on the actual CP. But you can override them using a custom Profile.

Yes iano is correct, the "LED Input Map" tab is where you assign the physical inputs from the LEDWiz wires to your buttons. The "Profile Editor" is where you set the actual colors. You should at least have a "GameEx" profile with the default colors setup for Mame. When browsing though Mame games it will already light the buttons according to how they are on the actual CP. But you can override them using a custom Profile.

I still do not understand.

Let's deal with one button and one button only here.

P1_COIN

Device is sat to "LEDWiz"

ID 2

Type "RGB"

Input Code "KEYCODE_Q"

So now when I check the box next to it instead of coin 1 lighting up the first button on my CP does. Then if I cycle up on red the color cycles for that button and then that button stays lite and the next one lights up next to it, this happens when I hit red 4. Then when I get to red 7, the correct button is now lite but so is the original first button.

I know I am missing something here, please help me to understand. Thanks...

Whats wrong there (if i recall correctly) is that you (and i also) have mistaken the RGB labels to be values of light intensity that you can assign to your buttons to (to give the buttons a particular color), when in fact they need to be assigned to physical ports on your ledwiz device (you'll see your terminals on the ledwiz numbered from 1 to 32).

I can not see anything, the CP is sealed. I did not build this, Mameroom did.

Even with what you said I still don't understand.

There is 3 LEDWiz's in my CP.

Under LED Input Map I see how I can choose ID 1-16 to determine what LEDWiz to use but what I don't understand is when I choose the correct ID, how do I tell it 1-32 as to what button is what? The only way I see 1-32 is if I set the type to "Single", would that be right if I am using Electric Ice buttons?

You need to know the input id's of the LEDWiz and which buttons they are hooked up to. You should be able to see the buttons light up white when you get the inputs right. Since you didn't build it it's hard to know the inputs without looking at the LEDWiz and how it's been wired up. But as soon as a button goes white that means you have the Red, Green and Blue inputs correct for a button. It should become apparent how they have it wired after doing a few buttons as they should have it in some sort of pattern.

Eg.

Button1, LEDWiz Id #1, Red=1, Blue=2, Green=3

Button2, LEDWiz Id #1, Red=4, Blue=5, Green=6

etc.

There is some semi-instructions here which might help.

You need to know the input id's of the LEDWiz and which buttons they are hooked up to. You should be able to see the buttons light up white when you get the inputs right. Since you didn't build it it's hard to know the inputs without looking at the LEDWiz and how it's been wired up. But as soon as a button goes white that means you have the Red, Green and Blue inputs correct for a button. It should become apparent how they have it wired after doing a few buttons as they should have it in some sort of pattern.

Eg.

Button1, LEDWiz Id #1, Red=1, Blue=3, Green=2

Button2, LEDWiz Id #1, Red=4, Blue=6, Green=5

etc.

There is some semi-instructions here which might help.

So what you are telling me is I need all my buttons sat to RGB and I should cycle through each button until they are all white in the LED Input Map.

Button2, LEDWiz Id #1, Red=4, Blue=5, Green=6

That lights up button 1, player 1 white as well as button 2, player 2.

What is the pattern though? You seems to have started it correctly.

Pretty much... basically turn on 1, and see what happens, etc.

In your example:

First make sure that red really is #1 by turning off #2 and #3 to see if it lights red. Then do the same for blue. (just because it lights white, doesn't mean the individual colors are correct) Then, when all three colors are correct, set the input code for that button by clicking on the ... button beneath the add & clear buttons. Then all you have to do is press the button on your CP to enter the keycode.

Repeat, until all buttons are lit, and all keycodes are entered.

Ok... I am starting to get a handle on things here. I am having a problem with two buttons though.

P2_BUTTON7 ID3 RGB RED=26 GREEN=27 BLUE=28

For some reason that makes my player P2_BUTTON1 like up aqua in color and button 7 light up yellow. I can back off 27 and 28 value, the button lights up red but I just cannot get it to light white and I am not sure why it is effecting the player 1 button... It's almost like it is wired wrong or something because if I go into the profile editor I can change the color of the button with red and green however blue does nothing.

Ideas?

Something is not right and I really think it is eaither broke or wired incorrectly.

Blue is not 28 or anything else on ID3 from 1-32 because I can back off Red and Green, cycle through all 3 IDs and all 32 inputs and that button never lights up Blue.

The same thing happens with P2_BUTTON1 except the problem there is the red. All the other buttons work 100%!

When you switch ID it switches the whole thing, as far as I know you cannot switch ID per single LED.

Look at the pdf docs (i'm not trying to be smart here) and you'll see how an RGB led is wired to the ledwiz device. It will also explain why different buttons light when you change the RGB port addresses.

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.p...d2896f1c9f63e73

Something is not right and I really think it is eaither broke or wired incorrectly.

Blue is not 28 or anything else on ID3 from 1-32 because I can back off Red and Green, cycle through all 3 IDs and all 32 inputs and that button never lights up Blue.

The same thing happens with P2_BUTTON1 except the problem there is the red. All the other buttons work 100%!

If that's the case, then yes, there is a problem. I had a couple of led's like that, and "jiggling" the circuit board corrected it. You really can't get to the controls? That could be a problem....

What I don't understand is this either...

If I change P2_Button7 on ID3 to Blue 28 it changes P2_Button1 to Aqua, now if I back off Blue 28 it does not effect 28 at all, P2_Button1 stays aqua.

This makes no sense to me...

Then if I go back to P2_Button1 which is sat to Red7, Green8 and Blue9 back off green and blue to 1, the button goes out and it should be red.

I'll telling you guys, I hear what you are saying and I sat all the others correct, it is just these two that are giving me problems. I honestly think something is wired incorrectly.