All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] LCD/LED Plugin 2.86

headkaze

Take this into PM? Are you crazy? I've got 2 pages that look like I don't have a clue what I'm doing, and now that WE'VE FOUND A BUG, you want me to PM you? I need people to know that I haven't totally lost it! :P

I don't have alot of time to test, but I will tell you that for the first time ever, I have different buttons lit in Mame! :)

I have one question if you can point me in the right direction... Can you think of a reason that my p1 buttons wouldn't light the same colors as my p2 buttons? Check 2020bb in my setup, and notice the colors that the leds are set to. I did get my ctrlr file (neogeo) working today, but could that have messed this up? I did not set individual profiles for any games.

Here are your input codes

P1_COIN=KEYCODE_5
P1_START=KEYCODE_1
P1_BUTTON1=KEYCODE_E
P1_BUTTON2=KEYCODE_F
P1_BUTTON3=KEYCODE_G
P1_BUTTON4=KEYCODE_A
P1_BUTTON5=KEYCODE_B
P1_BUTTON6=KEYCODE_C
P1_BUTTON7=KEYCODE_D
P1_BUTTON8=KEYCODE_Y
P1_TRACKBALL=MOUSECODE_1_UP|MOUSECODE_1_DOWN|MOUSECODE_1_LEFT|MOUSECODE_1_RIGHT
P2_COIN=KEYCODE_6
P2_START=KEYCODE_2
P2_BUTTON1=KEYCODE_L
P2_BUTTON2=KEYCODE_M
P2_BUTTON3=KEYCODE_N
P2_BUTTON4=KEYCODE_H
P2_BUTTON5=KEYCODE_I
P2_BUTTON6=KEYCODE_J
P2_BUTTON7=KEYCODE_K
P2_BUTTON8=KEYCODE_Z

I did a quick search on the forums for how you setup your buttons for neogeo and found this quote

I changed the P1 and P2 buttons 1-4 to the way I want my neogeo games to work.

So I have no idea how you have your default buttons setup, but by default Mame uses buttons 1-4 for neogeo, so if your default setup in Mame is set that way you don't need a neogeo entry in the ctrlr. So rather than try and figure out what your trying to do with your setup, I'll show you what I'm doing with mine.

Take a look at the attached images. As you can see the codes marked red are what I use for neogeo. So they are defined in my ctrlr file under "neogeo". The regular buttons must be defined under "default" and appear before the neogeo entry.

-- IPAC2.cfg (ctrlr file) --

<mameconfig version="10">
<system name="default">
</system>
<system name="neogeo">
<input>
<port type="P1_BUTTON1">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_C
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P1_BUTTON2">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_LSHIFT
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P1_BUTTON3">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_Z
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P1_BUTTON4">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_X
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P2_BUTTON1">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_J
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P2_BUTTON2">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_W
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P2_BUTTON3">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_I
</newseq>
</port>
<port type="P2_BUTTON4">
<newseq type="standard">
KEYCODE_K
</newseq>
</port>
</input>
</system>
</mameconfig>

The best thing you can do is to draw up your CP with the keycodes like I've done and use that as a guide. It's really hard to configure Mame without it.

Your default layout should be exactly how you have your CP rigged up to your IPAC and it should be how your buttons will be most of the time. Then you have re-mapped keys for games like neogeo where the layout changes.

post-367-1223159474_thumb.png

Version 2.82 Released

- Split all the input codes into an external folder like CPWizard

- Faster ini file routines

- Added an "Input Form" now when you enter input codes for your "LED Input Map" pressing the "..." button allows you to enter input codes from your joystick or keyboard

- Can now save more custom speech sayings

I thought it was quite funny reading my e-mail today from a guy who uses my plugin to "talk about my friends moms" because he likes his cab to "talk shit on people when the cab is in standby mode" but currently "it doesn't have very much to say". This release allows you to have more custom speech in attract mode so this update is dedicated to you mate and thanks for brighting up my day with your e-mail :)

That's the best part about the speech...

Mine says "Not now, I have a headache" among other things...

It's fun to watch peoples faces, and they'll say "what did that say?"

Of course it uses one of the British female voices.

Hey Headkaze!

I still can't get your plugin to work with my Prolite sign. I used a port monitor and the info is being sent, but nothing is showing up on my sign. Right now I'm using text files I've created for each game name that gets sent to the sign, which works fine, but I'd really like to get your plugin working. Would it have anything to do with the plugin showing 9600,n,8,1, but my sign being only 300,n,8,1? I've changed the settings for the com port in windows to 300, and changed the INI file to 300, but still no luck.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks bud!

funhouse7.jpg

Hey Headkaze!

I still can't get your plugin to work with my Prolite sign. I used a port monitor and the info is being sent, but nothing is showing up on my sign. Right now I'm using text files I've created for each game name that gets sent to the sign, which works fine, but I'd really like to get your plugin working. Would it have anything to do with the plugin showing 9600,n,8,1, but my sign being only 300,n,8,1? I've changed the settings for the com port in windows to 300, and changed the INI file to 300, but still no luck.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks bud!

I think 9600 is the lowest speed I have but I can probably add 300. I'll see what I can do.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi HK!

I've been giving you a break from hair-pulling, but I would like to get back to this when you have time. Unfortunately, this spilled over into the thread where I was having with GameEX crashing because of my voices not working. I have everything resolved with that...

The Default profile buttons do seem to light correctly for all other emulators, but not Mame!

Here's what's happening:

1. I start Gameex, and my default gameex profile buttons light
  2. I select "Mame" (I have mame on the start page) and my default gameex profile buttons remain lit
  3. I select "All Mame games" (Entering the games list) and and my default gameex profile buttons are off. My Mame default profile buttons are off as well. I am on "005" in my list, and the correct button for the game is lit.
  4. I select "005", and then "Play This Game" (Using the Game info page)
  5. "005" starts, but neither my default gameex profile buttons, or my default Mame profile buttons are lit.

I do have "Use GameEX Profile in List" Checked. I am using Led Plugin 2.82, GameEx 9.62.

You may still have my LCD stuff that I uploaded from the "GameEX Crashing" thread if not, here's the link:

http://www.gameex.info/forums/index.php?ac...ost&id=4322

Tempest:

Looking at your profiles

GameEx.ini

[Default]
P1_COIN=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_START=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_BUTTON1=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_BUTTON2=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_BUTTON3=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_BUTTON4=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_BUTTON5=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_BUTTON6=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_BUTTON7=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_TRACKBALL=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_CUSTOM1=,True,49,0,49,0,False
P1_CUSTOM2=,True,49,49,0,0,False
P1_CUSTOM3=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_CUSTOM4=,True,49,0,0,49,False
P1_CUSTOM5=,True,49,0,0,49,False
P2_COIN=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P2_START=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P2_BUTTON1=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P2_BUTTON2=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P2_BUTTON3=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P2_BUTTON4=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P2_BUTTON5=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P2_BUTTON6=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P2_BUTTON7=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P2_BUTTON8=,False,49,49,49,49,False
P1_BUTTON8=,False,49,49,49,49,False

The only LED's you have lit up are P1_CUSTOM1, P1_CUSTOM2, P1_CUSTOM4 and P1_CUSTOM5. So that explains why they're not lighting up properly there.

You MAME.ini only has P1_CUSTOM4 and P1_CUSTOM5 lit up.

[Default]
P1_CUSTOM2=,False,49,49,0,0,False
P1_CUSTOM1=,False,49,0,49,0,False
P1_CUSTOM4=,True,49,0,49,0,False
P1_CUSTOM5=,True,49,0,49,0,False

Going by your two profiles here you don't have your LED's lit up correctly. Remember the "State" tickbox is whether or not to light up an LED. Glad to hear the plugin isn't causing the crashing. Tom removed the latest version from the GameEx install because of your post about that.

Those are my Admin buttons. That is pretty much all I want to light up besides the game buttons in Mame (which do light). It works as I expect for all other emulators, but not Mame.

- How do you expect it to be lighting?

- How is it actually lighting?

- Is it only a problem while in a list?

- What options do you have set (LEDs Off When Game is Run, Use GameEx Profile in List, Light Game Buttons in List?)

- How do you expect it to be lighting?

- How is it actually lighting?

This all has to do with the Admin buttons (P1_CUSTOM 1-5)

How it's lighting VS.

How I think it should be lighting

I start Gameex, and my default gameex profile buttons light

This is correct

I select "Mame" (I have mame on the start page) and my default gameex profile buttons remain lit

This is correct

I select "All Mame games" (Entering the games list) and and my default gameex profile buttons are off. My Mame default profile buttons are off as well. I am on "005" in my list, and the correct button for the game is lit.

I would expect my GameEx default profile buttons to be lit

I select "005", which takes me to the "Game info" page, and and my default gameex profile buttons are off. My Mame default profile buttons are off as well.

and then "Play This Game". "005" starts, but neither my default gameex profile buttons, or my default Mame profile buttons are lit.

I would expect my Mame default profile buttons to be lit

- Is it only a problem while in a list?

I would say yes.

- What options do you have set (LEDs Off When Game is Run, Use GameEx Profile in List, Light Game Buttons in List?)

Led options:

yes - Enable LedWiz

no - Enable pacdrive

no - LED's off when run

yes - Use GameEx profile in list

yes - Light Game buttons in list

I select "All Mame games" (Entering the games list) and and my default gameex profile buttons are off. My Mame default profile buttons are off as well. I am on "005" in my list, and the correct button for the game is lit.

You have the "Light Game buttons in list" so it's lighting the LEDs for 005. This is correct.

I select "005", which takes me to the "Game info" page, and and my default gameex profile buttons are off. My Mame default profile buttons are off as well.

It should be lighting 005, again sounds correct to me.

and then "Play This Game". "005" starts, but neither my default gameex profile buttons, or my default Mame profile buttons are lit.

I would expect my Mame default profile buttons to be lit

They should be lit for the game (Button 1 should be lit)

So you are saying that "Light Game buttons in list" overrides the profile buttons. In other words, If I have the option "Light Game buttons in list", that it will not display the GameEx Default profile buttons (Which in my case my GameEX Admin buttons)

Another misconception on my part, I was expecting to have my Admin buttons lit (to make it obvious how to run the cabinet) while having the "Bling" of the game buttons lit as scrolling through the list. I leave it to you on whether or not it is a nice idea to be able to do both. I wouldn't stand a chance of understanding how it would affect everything else, or why it should be different than the way I want it to work :P . Seriously, As you know I only think in a (thin) straight line, and there may be good reasons for having it the way it is.

I unticked "Light Game buttons in list", and the GameEX default profile works as expected, but the Mame default profile buttons do not light while playing a game. :(

So you are saying that "Light Game buttons in list" overrides the profile buttons. In other words, If I have the option "Light Game buttons in list", that it will not display the GameEx Default profile buttons (Which in my case my GameEX Admin buttons)

Yes thats correct

Another misconception on my part, I was expecting to have my Admin buttons lit (to make it obvious how to run the cabinet) while having the "Bling" of the game buttons lit as scrolling through the list. I leave it to you on whether or not it is a nice idea to be able to do both. I wouldn't stand a chance of understanding how it would affect everything else, or why it should be different than the way I want it to work :P . Seriously, As you know I only think in a (thin) straight line, and there may be good reasons for having it the way it is.

I think you are expecting it work in a way thats probably a bit different than most people. I do try to cater for different tastes as best as I can.

I unticked "Light Game buttons in list", and the GameEX default profile works as expected, but the Mame default profile buttons do not light while playing a game. :(

Thats because the buttons for the game light up not the MAME profile. I'm not sure exactly what your expecting, most people like to have the buttons for the game lit. I can't imagine a situation where people would prefer their MAME profile over the game profile when playing a game.

Thats because the buttons for the game light up not the MAME profile. I'm not sure exactly what your expecting, most people like to have the buttons for the game lit.

I want it ALL, and I want it NOW! :P

I can't imagine a situation where people would prefer their MAME profile over the game profile when playing a game.

The problem is I can't see NOT wanting it the way I describe. I'm looking at my Admin buttons like they should be totally seperate from whatever else is going on. Yes, I want my game buttons lit, but why not be able to light my admin buttons as well? So the Game buttons would be added to the Mame (or Gameex if in the games list) default profile, and not replace it.

To make it more complicated, I would like to have different colors, for the admin buttons on a per emulator basis, so I don't have my admin buttons "Always ON" which is how I think you have it. Maybe I just need to do that, I was just hoping for a little more flexibility...

I could do a little video if you think it would help. I'm oviously not being clear on my thoughts...

Tempest: That is what "Always lit" is for, set your admin buttons to always light that's what I do for my CP. You should be able change colors of your admin buttons by having the MAME profile admin buttons "always lit" and setting them the color you want. Then for other emulators set them to always lit again with the colors you want.

• 3 weeks later...

Headkaze - Same user, different problem! :P

I'm getting this error in my PluginLCD.log

11/30/2008 1:41:44 PM: Reading Colors Ini

11/30/2008 1:41:44 PM: Adding Colors to ControlsDat

11/30/2008 1:41:44 PM: Adding Data to Mame Xml

11/30/2008 1:41:44 PM: Reading Mame Ini

11/30/2008 1:41:44 PM: ERROR @ LoadMameData (ProgramManager)

11/30/2008 1:41:44 PM: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: path1

11/30/2008 1:41:44 PM: at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)

at GameEx.ProgramManager.LoadMameData()

11/30/2008 1:41:44 PM: Reading GameEx Emulators

11/30/2008 1:41:44 PM: Initializing Input Maps

I'm assuming it can't find Mame.ini, but it's there...

This zip has the complete log, the pluginlcd.ini, Mame.ini, and a snapshot of my mame folder...

Tempest_Log_Error.7z

It's actually saying that Mame's root folder is NULL, meaning you don't have that set in GameEx. It reads the following value from GameEx.ini

[General]
MamePath=

That should be the path to Mame. Also check in "Options 2" in the Plugin's config program that all the Mame paths are correct there also.

The games run??? I double checked the paths...

Gameex.ini:

# The path where Mame is located

MAMEPath=C:\Emulators\Mame64

# The Mame.exe executable file
# Both Windows and DOS versions are supported (DOS only on Windows 98/ME)

MAMEEXE=vmame.exe

PluginLCD.ini:

[Mame]
Version=0.128
Exe=C:\Emulators\Mame64\vmame.exe
Cfg=C:\Emulators\Mame64\cfg
Ini=C:\Emulators\Mame64
Ctrlr=C:\Emulators\Mame64\ctrlr

post-2333-1228134039_thumb.jpg

Hey Tempest I've uploaded a new version which I did change the way I'm getting the GameEx folder which might improve things I'm not sure. Also I've added some extra log output to PlugInLCD.log which should show us exactly what the GameEx folder and ini file is and what it's reading as the Mame folder. You only need to overwrite your PlugInLCD.dll file with the one from the download (in the first post)

Yeah! My buttons light again! (How many times have I said that in this thread? LOL)

I would post the log, but it's pretty boring, it does show the correct paths to GameEX, and Mame.

I have to confess that I did change my Mame paths recently, But I had remembered to update the changes in GameEx, LedWiz, and CPWizard. However, the CPWizard does not show the color information from colors.ini. Do you think it might be related to this?

Yeah! My buttons light again! (How many times have I said that in this thread? LOL)

I would post the log, but it's pretty boring, it does show the correct paths to GameEX, and Mame.

I have to confess that I did change my Mame paths recently, But I had remembered to update the changes in GameEx, LedWiz, and CPWizard. However, the CPWizard does not show the color information from colors.ini. Do you think it might be related to this?

CPWizard is standalone so it doesn't read anything from GameEx.ini. Not sure why colors.ini would not be working for you. Recently I did a few changes back and forth with how the data files work. Try deleting MiniInfo.xml in the Data folder and running CPWizard again. I also recommend you do an update to the latest version if you haven't already.

• 3 weeks later...