All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] LCD/LED Plugin 2.86

headkaze

You don't have a default profile for GameEx setup. Go to profiles tab GameEx->Default and set up the way you wan't your controls to light.

Thanks, that did the trick. Everything is working great. This plugin is amazing!

Just one question, Headkaze. Do you sleep? Because I don't know where you find the time to write all this kick a** software.

bug reports :

- on my last test 'random game' did not seem to be invoking the button lighting

- selecting different MSAPI voices does not seem to work in the GUI

-- editing INI file seems to work

also, question :

how do i get my trackball to light up for trackball games ? :)

its set at p1_trackball and has the trackball_1_* and mousecode_1_* input codes assigned

i can make it light up for profiles etc no problem but it doesnt seem to be 'picking up' any instructions from the mame control colors data handler

The problem with the 'random game' is there is no event sent from GameEx to set the right colors.

Fixed the MSAPI voice bug

For the trackball problem, check the MiniInfo.xml in the PluginLCD\Data folder, and make sure there is color info matching the controls.

Eg.

<ControlsDat NumPlayers="2" Alternating="1" Mirrored="1" UsesService="0" Tilt="0" Cocktail="0">
<Player Number="1" NumButtons="1">
<Controls>
<Control Name="Trackball">
<Constant Name="trackball" />
</Control>
</Controls>
<Labels>
<Label Name="P1_BUTTON1" Value="Game Select" Color="Red" />
<Label Name="P1_TRACKBALL_X" Value="Left" Color="Brown" />
<Label Name="P1_TRACKBALL_X_EXT" Value="Right" Color="Brown" />
<Label Name="P1_TRACKBALL_Y" Value="Up" Color="Brown" />
<Label Name="P1_TRACKBALL_Y_EXT" Value="Down" Color="Brown" />
</Labels>
</Player>
</ControlsDat>

• 1 month later...

Hi HK. Another silly question. Maybe you've answer this already in popcorrin's post but i don't get it. I have made a quadruple superbright led cluster (square shape) and for animation purposes i'd like to control these leds (single type) individually (they're connected to various ports on ledwiz 1) when in gameex. Now you have player 1 trackball 1 and player 2 trackball 2 single type leds in the plugin. But i'm wondering what would happen in mame if you're playing a trackball game ? In other words i'd like to be able control them separately outside mame but would like the plugin to treat the 4 leds as one single led inside mame so they all light up if you're playing a trackball game. Most of these types of trackball need 3 to 4 superbright leds to light them up properly.

Cheers, any advice would be appreciated.

:)

Hi HK. Another silly question. Maybe you've answer this already in popcorrin's post but i don't get it. I have made a quadruple superbright led cluster (square shape) and for animation purposes i'd like to control these leds (single type) individually (they're connected to various ports on ledwiz 1) when in gameex. Now you have player 1 trackball 1 and player 2 trackball 2 single type leds in the plugin. But i'm wondering what would happen in mame if you're playing a trackball game ? In other words i'd like to be able control them separately outside mame but would like the plugin to treat the 4 leds as one single led inside mame so they all light up if you're playing a trackball game. Most of these types of trackball need 3 to 4 superbright leds to light them up properly.

Cheers, any advice would be appreciated.

It's not really that important which control you assign your LED's to, what is important are the KEYCODE/MOUSECODE/JOYCODE/GUNCODE's as they are used to light the controls. So as long as you put in the codes they should light up ok.

It's not really that important which control you assign your LED's to, what is important are the KEYCODE/MOUSECODE/JOYCODE/GUNCODE's as they are used to light the controls. So as long as you put in the codes they should light up ok.

Thanks.

is there any way to configure a button lighting profile for daphne?

or any possibility of the plug in using the mame cp button data ?

also i must say , this plugin has really come along nicely. its quite the masterpiece with the per-emu profiles and all the other extras. the speech/sample adds a nice ambiance :), especially when you use at&t crystal voices. if only i could find a .uk female voice;)

yeah, i have been trying to find the MSAPI for that AT&T UK female voice

btw i have noticed one bug with the speech, it does not honor the 'language/text' settings.

(it always speaks the default names of the menus)

You can't use those cool AT&T voices in the SAPI 5 API AFAIK. Which totally sucks I know, and that's why I got samples of them instead. I was trying to add SAPI 4 support today but for some reason it didn't work. That has some more MS voices like RoboSoft.

The issue with the language settings would be one I would have to ask Tom about (or a feature request perhaps?). He needs to send the right text based on the setting to the plugin. Probably an easy fix for him to do also.

Hi HK. I was just choosing led animations for GameEX events and noticed that if i choose the following animations and press the 'Test' button that leds will turn off after the sequence is done (3backsweep, 3forsweep, dissolveinout, curtainclose, zippy) but if i choose any of the patterns 1 to 73 the leds stay lit after the animation sequence is complete. Just wondering if it's suppose to be like this.

Cheers,

ian.

Hi HK. I was just choosing led animations for GameEX events and noticed that if i choose the following animations and press the 'Test' button that leds will turn off after the sequence is done (3backsweep, 3forsweep, dissolveinout, curtainclose, zippy) but if i choose any of the patterns 1 to 73 the leds stay lit after the animation sequence is complete. Just wondering if it's suppose to be like this.

Cheers,

ian.

Yep that's normal as it just plays the animation file and that's it when you press the Test button. It doesn't turn off the LED's after playing it so it depends on the last frame of animation as to what state the LED's will be in after playing.

Yep that's normal as it just plays the animation file and that's it when you press the Test button. It doesn't turn off the LED's after playing it so it depends on the last frame of animation as to what state the LED's will be in after playing.

Cheers. Just thought it looked a bit strange.

You can't use those cool AT&T voices in the SAPI 5 API AFAIK. Which totally sucks I know, and that's why I got samples of them instead. I was trying to add SAPI 4 support today but for some reason it didn't work. That has some more MS voices like RoboSoft.

The issue with the language settings would be one I would have to ask Tom about (or a feature request perhaps?). He needs to send the right text based on the setting to the plugin. Probably an easy fix for him to do also.

fwiw ive been using the at&t 'crystal' voice set with the lcd/led plugin speech stuff. works nicely. :) just.....its the US female voice... so no sexy british accent :(

heh.

2.66 Released

- Hopefully I've fixed the bug dwight was getting.

- Fixed selecting Speech voice not saving properly

fwiw ive been using the at&t 'crystal' voice set with the lcd/led plugin speech stuff. works nicely. :) just.....its the US female voice... so no sexy british accent :(

heh.

Hey cool your right! I'm now using Crystal in the plugin, much better than Microsoft Sam! :)

2.68 Released

- Added Daphne support (this update is dedicated to alexdog69 and his great cab he built for his brother hehe)

Woohoo!!!!! at last, I Can't wait to try this one tomorrow. One question how do I turn support back on for Mame? I know it is some setting I am missing. What is happening is the games that I made cfg files for light the others do not.

Woohoo!!!!! at last, I Can't wait to try this one tomorrow. One question how do I turn support back on for Mame? I know it is some setting I am missing. What is happening is the games that I made cfg files for light the others do not.

No idea mate ??? Havn't heard anything like this yet.. Check the PLUGINS\PluginLCD\Profiles folder... maybe there is a bunch of junk there? I'm not sure? Let me know if there is a bug!

No idea mate ??? Havn't heard anything like this yet.. Check the PLUGINS\PluginLCD\Profiles folder... maybe there is a bunch of junk there? I'm not sure? Let me know if there is a bug!

I won't be able to test until tomorrow night. I will be busy till then :( but as soon as I look into it seriously to see if I messed up a setting or something I will let you know. Once again great work! Daphne users like myself appreciate your efforts. I think you said awhile ago it was rather difficult to add Daphne support. Tell me are Nulldc & playstation emus supported?

• 1 month later...

Hey there! First off, this is an outstanding plugin! Thank you!

I have a bit of a problem. I am using the PACdrive and everything is working but the events. I wanted to have the player start buttons to flash when a coin is inserted. However this is not working. I believe that I have configured it correctly. Whenever I press the test button to test the events, it just turns off the LED. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks