All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

wrapper for Game & Watch games?

mightypeniz

This is very kind of you, thanks! But at this moment your games would be unuseful to me.

I do have the Mickey & Donald game and no, I won't make the simulation for it because it's not my favourite game, so I prefer keeping other games on my schedule (I usually code the games I like first, then I consider other highly-requested games).

I also have Green House. A simulator for that has been coded long ago (by another Italian programmer) but ti's just a beta-version, never finished.

I don't have Monster Panic, but I doubt I'll include it in my schedule.

You see, I dont have all the time in the world, and in this time I'm focusing my attention (and simulations) on VTech games - which are almost my favourite games. I decided that I'll simulate all the ones I have here, then I'll eventualyl switch back to some Nintendo games from the Tabletop and Panorama series (Popeye and Mario's Cement Factory).

:)

thats ok it was just a thought anyway and then you save me going into the basement :o

anyway i like your works and looking forward to you next release :)

btw anyone seen this i didnt even know there was a Zelda game handhelds :)

Night

post-138-1194458605_thumb.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello,

New release (39th game):

- "Sleep Walker" (VTech, 1981, Time & Fun series) version "S4/1.00 final"

Updates:

- "Parachute" (Nintendo, 1981, Wide Screen series) version "S4/1.01 MAME cabinets compatible"

- "Mickey Mouse" (Nintendo, 1984, Panorama Screen series) version "S4/1.01 MAME cabinets compatible"

- "Caccia al Ladro/Heathcliff" (VTech, 1982, Mini Time & Fun series) version "S3/1.02 manual added"

All the games marked "Standard 4" are now 100% compatible with MAME cabinets.

They can be fully operated with keyboard and do not require mouse anymore.

Diagonals-based-controlled games (controlled by keys Q/A/P/L) can now also be played with arrow keys (up+left, up+right, etc...)

All games at: www.madrigaldesign.it/sim/

some feedback by mame-cabinet owners would be great for me. games can be operated through:

- splash screen: arrows up/down or mouse wheel (to select sound driver); "1" or enter or space to start game; "esc" to exit

- game: "1"=Game A; "2"=Game B; 3="time"; 5="ACL"; F1="about the author"; F4="manual browser"; left/right/control etc. to play game

- "about the author": "esc" to exit

- "manual browser": left/right to browse pages; "esc" to exit

Please someone tell me some feedback :)

Tested all 3 games and they worked flawlessly in my arcade cabinet :D

'5' to open the Mickey Mouse screen is great. Parachute is just a perfect simulation/reproduction. I'm still trying to get my head around Sleep Walker - having not played it before. But they all worked flawlessly. Thanks MADrigal!!! All the options are perfect - no remapping of keys, flashing of EEPROMS etc required and no need to use a wrapper at all. Perfect!

As for the MA v GameEx discussion, boy do I feel like a small piece of sheepish mud :blink: Sorry :rolleyes: GameEx is awesome - no two ways about it - the plugins and community support are great. So - just to say I'm sincerely sorry - comment was removed ASAP.

Anywaaaay....

So as the other games aren't arcade friendly - you now have some games requiring the wrapper and these three that don't. So I'm using a simple batch file to check if the g&w game requires a wrapper. The batch file is crude but simple, if a txt file (empty file) exists the the same name as the simulation, then the wrapper is run.

Also - in Gamex, if you prefer to not have the splash page (I know though that MADrigal would prefer it to be displayed), you can now use the 'Wait before keys' and 'keys to send' for the v4 games. Give it a pause long enough for the splash page to load and then send the key '1'. Note though - The first time you load the game - the option will be blank and will require you to click the down arrow once. From then onwards the setting is retained - so load each v4 game once and preset this item before using the 'automated key' option in GameEx.

Launch before:

e:
cd\emulators\console\gameandwatch\games\wrappers\
IF EXIST "%~n1.txt" madwrapper.exe