All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Possible bug in [CONTROL] when using "ShellBeforeLaunch"

FCAL

I am using GameEx ver. 8.88

When using the [CONTROL] function of "ShellBeforeLaunch", I am getting an incorrect code.

I am trying to launch the games 1941, 1942, 1943 which are all "8-way" joysticks.

When I launch the game and set an incorrect map for my joystick, the errorlog (debuging technique) shows a control code of '4'.

This sets the joystick map to a 4-way.

The 8-Way control code should be '3' based on the data in the controlmap.csv file.

I also checked the controls.ini file and all of these games are set to "8-way".

Please advise.

Thank you.

-Alan Y.

I am using GameEx ver. 8.88

When using the [CONTROL] function of "ShellBeforeLaunch", I am getting an incorrect code.

I am trying to launch the games 1941, 1942, 1943 which are all "8-way" joysticks.

When I launch the game and set an incorrect map for my joystick, the errorlog (debuging technique) shows a control code of '4'.

This sets the joystick map to a 4-way.

The 8-Way control code should be '3' based on the data in the controlmap.csv file.

I also checked the controls.ini file and all of these games are set to "8-way".

Please advise.

Thank you.

-Alan Y.

I do not know if this is being worked. This is a different issue from the ShellOnExit I mentioned.

If I did something incorrect, please let me know.

Thank you.

-Alan Y.

Probably best to wait for Oqqalz to answer your post about the Ultrastick plugin.

I'm not sure of the problem your experiencing but I do know that the controls generated by Mame's GameInfo.xml output isn't always correct when it comes to 4-way/8-way joysticks. The controls.ini on the other hand is correct. So the plugins for Ultrasticks grab the info from GameEx and I think the info passed from GameEx is from Mame not controls.ini.

If you want to can open the file gamelist.txt (C:\Program Files\GameEx\DATA) and manually change the controls that way.

BTW I believe Oqqalz has an option to override these errors for his Ultrastick plugin in an ini file. Let me know how you go.