All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] MAME Compiler 64 v2.0.165

headkaze

• 1 month later...

Hi there! First time trying to compile mame 0.148 without nag and support hiscores...

Mame Compiler 64v3, source code for mame 0.148 from mamedev, mametoold updated to the latest.. applied the diff for "148 - u1" (previous is 147, next is 148u2 - u4)

Yet I get this result:

"make: *** No rule to make target `obj/windows/emu/hiscore.o', needed by `obj/windows/libemu.a'. Stop."

I just have not a single clue about this. (and no exe output file yet)

• 10 months later...

Having a problem when trying to compile a WINUI version of MAME, When everything is all set and I hit the Go button, nothing happens. When compiling a normal non-UI version of MAME, I have no problems, so I know that the issue is with MAME Compiler 64. I have also tried it on two computers with the same results. This used to work perfectly - I have used MAME Compiler 64 many many times. Maybe it is a problem with the newish version of .net Framework 4.5.1 that was recently installed?

- J*

• 3 weeks later...

Not at all, he's probably just consumed with another project. I wish o could confirm but I don't use the UI in my compiles.

• 4 months later...

It's been a while since I've updated and recompiled... it's running a compile now with the 0.154 version. Seems to be going good so far. Quick question. I also use MESS, and according to the MAMEDEV download list, the MAME and MESS sources are combined. How does MameCompiler handle MESS? Is there anything different I need to do? I think the last time I got MESS, I just grabbed a precompiled version.

I need to do that as well, just haven't got to it yet, this great app makes it a snap :win:

<edit> I saw this and thought a new version was released :blush:

Han, did going to 0.154 fix the Tetris launch inside of GameEx issue by any chance?

Edited by tthurman

Yeah I was just noticing that Draco.. think I'll just stick with MAME and MESS separate builds for now. Plus, I'd have to do a major overhaul on the GameEx side of things and I don't really wanna do that. :)

Thanks for the link to MESSUI though Adultery, I will use that when I compile the MESS program tomorrow.

Also, tthurman.. YES, the latest ROM set (using clrmame) and the latest MAME build (0.154) fixed Tetris the Grand Master, so watch out high score competition, I'm on my way! :)

• Like 1

Minor problem.. I'll post it and hope to get back to it tomorrow and somebody has an answer...

After compiling, and transferring all the updated roms, I rebuilt the romlist in GameEx. When I had something like 16k, now I have only about 8k. Plus, there are like 10 versions of the same game now showing up as well. So in reality, I might only have about 2000k. However, when I look at the roms folder, I actually have 29,503. I'm pretty sure I have all my settings in GameEx correct.. what is wrong? Does GameEx need an updated set of dats?

post-569-0-57482800-1409802966_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

Agreed.. simply the best. Would be nice (for a future release) to have it perhaps LIST the websites that host the various files (like sources) so that you don't have to go look for them. I know you can't have the program automatically get them, but a clickable list in the program would be great. But I can't complain, I love how easy this makes compiling your own version. Thanks HK!

Will not compile WinUI at the very end I get errors!! I am using MAME 0.155 source along with the MAMEUI source.

Compiled ok for the command line just not when trying to create the UI version of MAME 0.155.

I have had no issues in the past when compiling my own versions of MAME not sure why when compiling the UI version it errors out at the end. It might be the source code thats the issue as the error is:

src/osd/windows/netdev.c.5:42:error.no.bool windows_osd_interface:network_int()

type of error.