All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] MAME Compiler 64 v2.0.165

headkaze

dont know what went wrong in the first run, but it compiled succesfully the second time.... yippiie

it was an interesting progress, as i saw many other emus in the compiling. seems that the dream of the MAME and MESS fusion come true.

sorry for going on nerves guys, BUT

i can not compile MAME UI successfully, it always abort after 40minutes compiling :(

here is errorlog:

Compiling src/osd/winui/mui_main.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/drawd3d.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/d3dhlsl.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/drawdd.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/drawgdi.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/drawnone.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/input.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/output.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/sound.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/video.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/window.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/winmenu.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/d3d8intf.c...

Compiling src/osd/windows/winmain.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/win_options.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/mui_util.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/directinput.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/dijoystick.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/directdraw.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/directories.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/mui_audit.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/columnedit.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/screenshot.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/treeview.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/splitters.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/bitmask.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/datamap.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/dxdecode.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/picker.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/properties.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/tabview.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/help.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/history.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/dialogs.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/mui_opts.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/layout.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/datafile.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/dirwatch.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/winui.c...

Compiling src/osd/winui/mkhelp.c...

In file included from src/osd/winui/mui_opts.c:49:

src/osd/winui/game_opts.h: In member function 'void game_options::load_settings(const char*, int)':

src/osd/winui/game_opts.h:111: error: 'string_iterator' was not declared in this scope

src/osd/winui/game_opts.h:111: error: expected ';' before 'value_str'

src/osd/winui/game_opts.h:116: error: 'value_str' was not declared in this scope

make: *** [obj/winui64/osd/winui/mui_opts.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Finished!

0 Hours 41 Minutes and 56 Seconds Elapsed.

in the read me of MAME-compiler-64 version history it is stated that:

15-05-11 - v1.21 - MameUI compile no longer uses MameUI.mak

but in the instructions it says:

6. Download MameUI source from here extract somewhere then copy the winui folder to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0143u3\src\osd\winui and copy the winui.mak to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0143u3

so do i need to do this step? or just checkmark "MAME UI" in the compiler?

please help me or confirm that you can build a 64bit MAME UI.

thanks in advance

in the read me of MAME-compiler-64 version history it is stated that:

15-05-11 - v1.21 - MameUI compile no longer uses MameUI.mak

but in the instructions it says:

6. Download MameUI source from here extract somewhere then copy the winui folder to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0143u3\src\osd\winui and copy the winui.mak to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0143u3

so do i need to do this step? or just checkmark "MAME UI" in the compiler?

please help me or confirm that you can build a 64bit MAME UI.

I’m afraid I can’t help much on the MameUI end of things (I only compile vanilla MAME builds), but at as far as the make file goes, I think this may be the answer you seek.

The makefile for MAMEUI has changed to WinUI.mak. I updated the instructions on the website a while back so give those a read.

So while it’s true that MameUI.mak is no longer necessary, it has simply been changed to WinUI.mak.

@nullPointer: yeah, the vanilla-stuff goes well and there are no errors. only when i try to compile MAME UI. i like MAME UI for fast checking stuff, creating .ini stuff etc.

@Draco1962: yes, i use a 64bit OS and i am using the 64bit MAMEUI version allready, BUT i know at least one game, that does not work in MAME UI.... its Carnevil... :(

thats why i try to build a 64bit MAMEUI, in the hope that this error goes away. in the original MAME, Carnevil is working, but has sound that stutters, very annoying and cant get rid of it. i know it has something to do with soundsync, as i did played Carnevil on a MAME Clone (but cant remember which) without these soundproblems, the sound was pitched instead, far better game experience IMO.

can i achieve this, with the original MAME build and how?

beside this, there is only one MAME UI source on the website and i dont know if this could be the problem for the 64bit OS and the compile.

thanks for your answers. :)

• 3 months later...

Mame Compiler 64 v1.24 Released

- Updated to the new toolchain

- Added Force Direct Input option

Tested and working with Mame 0147u3 and Mame UI 0147 u3 (if you get an error with the latter just press GO! again).

NOTE: MinGW is no longer included in the MC64 install. You have to download it separately from here.

Download Mame Compiler 64 v1.24

• Like 5

MAME Compiler is an awesome program. I use it to patch and compile each new update of UME (combo of MAME and MESS) with the "no nag/hi score" diff. Makes it super easy.

Headkaze, right now I have to update the "makefile" with the target=UME to get the correct output when compiling is complete since MAME and MESS are in the same source. Do u think it would be possible to add an option to MAME Compiler that would let the user indicate the desired output (MAME, MESS, or UME) and would update the "makefile" accordingly? It might make things a little bit easier for ppl who aren't sure how to get the appropriate file type thru the compiling process. It would also save the step of having to update the "makefile" manually.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Headkaze. Since the most recent update of MC, I haven't been able to get MC to compile MAME (specifically UME). I've tried w/ the source for 0.147 and 0.148. Here are the errors msgs I got on my last run. Any thoughts?

src/osd/windows/drawd3d.c:56:19: error: d3dx9.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/osd/windows/drawd3d.c:71:
src/osd/windows/d3dintf.h:83: error: 'D3DXVECTOR4' does not name a type
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:46:19: error: d3dx9.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:53:
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:64: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'D3DXMACRO' with no type
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:64: error: expected ',' or '...' before '*' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'HRESULT d3d_device_create_effect(d3d_device*, const WCHAR*, d3d_effect**)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:340: error: 'LPD3DXBUFFER' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:340: error: expected ';' before 'buffer_errors'
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:341: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:341: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:341: error: 'buffer_errors' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:341: error: too many arguments to function
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_begin(d3d_effect*, UINT*, DWORD)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:687: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:687: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:687: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:687: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_end(d3d_effect*)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:694: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:694: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:694: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:694: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_begin_pass(d3d_effect*, UINT)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:701: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:701: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:701: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:701: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_end_pass(d3d_effect*)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:708: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:708: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:708: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:708: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_technique(d3d_effect*, const char*)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:715: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:715: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:715: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:715: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_vector(d3d_effect*, const char*, int, float*)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:722: error: 'D3DXVECTOR4' does not name a type
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:723: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:723: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:723: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:723: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:725: error: 'out_vector' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:727: error: 'out_vector' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:729: error: 'out_vector' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:731: error: 'out_vector' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:732: error: 'out_vector' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_float(d3d_effect*, const char*, float)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:738: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:738: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:738: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:738: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_int(d3d_effect*, const char*, int)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:745: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:745: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:745: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:745: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_matrix(d3d_effect*, const char*, d3d_matrix*)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:752: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:752: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:752: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
make: *** [obj/windows64/osd/windows/drawd3d.o] Error 1
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:752: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
src/osd/windows/d3dhlsl.c:56:19: error: d3dx9.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/osd/windows/d3dhlsl.c:72:
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:753: error: 'D3DXMATRIX' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:753: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_texture(d3d_effect*, const char*, d3d_texture*)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:759: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:759: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:759: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:759: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'ULONG d3d_effect_release(d3d_effect*)':
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:766: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [obj/windows64/osd/windows/d3dhlsl.o] Error 1
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:766: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:766: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token
src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:766: error: expected ';' before 'effect'
make: *** [obj/windows64/osd/windows/d3d9intf.o] Error 1
Finished!
0 Hours 8 Minutes and 21 Seconds Elapsed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ben!

Just wanted to chime in and say this new version is great! Your improvements to this app are superb! The addition of ForceDirectInput is in itself is pretty damn awesome (no more manually changing input.c when I compile), not to mention the other compiler options (except I have no idea what symbols are). Great job!

Sorry to "nit pick" but while I was compiling UME today, I noticed a difference in your snap and the GUI I'm looking at:

post-680-0-03911500-1364396962_thumb.png

I want my group text to be orange too! That looks like fun! :D

UME seemed to compile just fine BTW.

I want my group text to be orange too! That looks like fun! :D

That's just part of the theme on my old XP box (it's a fake Vista theme). I have no idea where the setting for group box text color is though?

UME seemed to compile just fine BTW.

Great to know, thanks!

My bad Headkaze. I didn't realize I needed to update the MinGW files. I downloaded the new files and UME compiled just fine. Will there be an updated MinGW with each new release of MC64? Or is this updated version good for the foreseeable future? Thx again for such an awesome program! :)

MinGW is not actually associated with MAME in any way. It's just the compiler used to build your MAME executable from source code. So while it's probably good to update MinGW each time when you compile the most recent version of MAME, the two projects are not on the same release schedule.