All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] MAME Compiler 64 v2.0.165

headkaze

question:

i think i got it all to work, and thank god the nagscreens are gone but the hiscores aren't working so far. It's not THAT big of a deal, but surely it would be nice. Do i have to enable it somewhere?

It should work given the fact that you followed the instructions found here. Considering you compiled, downloaded the highscore.dat found here, and created a sub folder named "hi" in the your MAME folder.

hay guys i'am still using mame32 rev 109 no nag screen high score whit the games i play plus when i leave a game i can start where i left off

so what i'am trying to say if i compile rev 136 will i still have game save and are the chds worth the upgrade i got 84 now there is 340 plus

For MameUI 0136u3 follow these instructions.

1. Create a folder C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0136u3

2. Download the hiscore hi_136u2.txt from here and copy it into the C:\MinGW\patches (you can rename it to hi_136u2.diff if you like but it doesn't matter)

3. Download the mame0136s.zip from here and extract to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0136u3

4. Download the updates from here (0136u1_diff, 0136u2_diff and 0136u3_diff) and extract them to C:\MinGW\patches

5. Download MameUI source from here extract somewhere then copy the winui folder to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0136u3\src\osd and copy the MameUI.mak to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0136u3

6. Apply the official Mame patches 0136u1_diff, 0136u2_diff then 0136u3_diff. Apply them by browsing to each one selecting it from the file browser then selecting "Apply Patch"

7. Now apply the Hiscore patch you downloaded from step 2 (Eg. hi_136u2.diff or hi_136u2.txt depending on how you saved it)

8. Set your "Mame Source Folder" to C:\MinGW\source\MameUI0136u3 and check you have MameUI Compile Option ticked

9. Click GO! to compile.

NOTE: To compile "vanilla" Mame skip the MameUI related steps or just take the tick off "MameUI" as you can still compile standard Mame aswell.

• 1 month later...

HK - Attempting to compile Mame0.137 using the hi_136.diff file. Win 7 Home Premium 64

I get this error:

Compiling src/mame/drivers/zn.c...

Compiling src/mame/video/tigeroad.c...

Compiling src/mame/machine/znsec.c...

Compiling src/mame/drivers/taitogn.c...

Compiling src/mame/machine/cps2crpt.c...

src/mame/machine/cps2crpt.c: In function 'void cps2_decrypt(running_machine*, const UINT32*, UINT32)':

src/mame/machine/cps2crpt.c:676: error: 'OPTION_DISABLE_LOADING_PATCH' was not declared in this scope

src/mame/machine/cps2crpt.c:676: error: 'options_get_bool' was not declared in this scope

Compiling src/mame/machine/kabuki.c...

make: *** [obj/windows/mame64/mame/machine/cps2crpt.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Finished!

0 Hours 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds Elapsed.

post-2333-127136741854_thumb.jpg

Am I doing something wrong?

HK - Attempting to compile Mame0.137 using the hi_136.diff file. Win 7 Home Premium 64

I get this error:

post-2333-127136741854_thumb.jpg

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm not HK but I had no issues compiling this version. What version of MAME Compiler you using? Also, why are you using an older diff hiscore file?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Noted the instructions on your site for the latest compiler should probably be updated to note that the step to copy the mak file not needed on 0.141 and later. Also the Readme file needs an update.

Compiling src/osd/windows/drawnone.c... src/osd/windows/drawd3d.c:56:19: error: d3dx9.h: No such file or directory In file included from src/osd/windows/drawd3d.c:68: src/osd/windows/d3dintf.h:83: error: 'D3DXVECTOR4' does not name a type In file included from src/osd/windows/drawd3d.c:68: src/osd/windows/d3dintf.h:260: error: 'd3d_vector' has not been declared src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:46:19: error: d3dx9.h: No such file or directory In file included from src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:53: src/osd/windows/d3dintf.h:83: error: 'D3DXVECTOR4' does not name a type In file included from src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:53: src/osd/windows/d3dintf.h:260: error: 'd3d_vector' has not been declared src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:64: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'D3DXMACRO' with no type src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:64: error: expected ',' or '...' before '*' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'HRESULT d3d_device_create_effect(d3d_device*, const WCHAR*, d3d_effect**)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:340: error: 'LPD3DXBUFFER' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:340: error: expected ';' before 'buffer_errors' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:341: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:341: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:341: error: 'buffer_errors' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:341: error: too many arguments to function src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_begin(d3d_effect*, UINT*, DWORD)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:679: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:679: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:679: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:679: error: expected ';' before 'effect' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_end(d3d_effect*)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:686: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:686: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:686: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:686: error: expected ';' before 'effect' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_begin_pass(d3d_effect*, UINT)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:693: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:693: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:693: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:693: error: expected ';' before 'effect' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_end_pass(d3d_effect*)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:700: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:700: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:700: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:700: error: expected ';' before 'effect' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_technique(d3d_effect*, const char*)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:707: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:707: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:707: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:707: error: expected ';' before 'effect' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: At global scope: src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:712: error: 'd3d_vector' has not been declared src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_vector(d3d_effect*, const char*, int*)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:714: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:714: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:714: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:714: error: expected ';' before 'effect' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:715: error: 'D3DXVECTOR4' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:715: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_float(d3d_effect*, const char*, float)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:721: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:721: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:721: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:721: error: expected ';' before 'effect' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_int(d3d_effect*, const char*, int)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:728: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:728: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:728: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:728: error: expected ';' before 'effect' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_matrix(d3d_effect*, const char*, d3d_matrix*)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:735: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:735: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:735: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:735: error: expected ';' before 'effect' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:736: error: 'D3DXMATRIX' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:736: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'void d3d_effect_set_texture(d3d_effect*, const char*, d3d_texture*)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:742: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:742: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:742: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:742: error: expected ';' before 'effect' src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c: In function 'ULONG d3d_effect_release(d3d_effect*)': src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:749: error: 'ID3DXEffect' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:749: error: 'd3dfx' was not declared in this scope src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:749: error: expected primary-expression before ')' token src/osd/windows/d3d9intf.c:749: error: expected ';' before 'effect' make: *** [obj/winui/mame64/osd/windows/drawd3d.o] Error 1 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... make: *** [obj/winui/mame64/osd/windows/d3d9intf.o] Error 1 Finished! 0 Hours 7 Minutes and 57 Seconds Elapsed.

Ben - above are the errors I am getting when attempting to compile for mameUI 0.142u4 . Any ideas why this is occurring? I will attempt a compile applying just through 0.142u3 to see if it may have to do with recent changes in u4.

No - Have always used HK's MAME Compiler.

Oh,then maybe HK needs to include the new compiling tools with mame compiler?

I do not use HK's compiler,and I compiled yesterday w\o the new tools and received a error as well.so then after doing a little bit of reading I found out you need the new compiling tools.D'oh! LMAO :huh:

Thanks for the update HK! I'll be using this as soon as the next stable release comes out. :)

• 1 year later...

maybe i am wrong, but i think there is a newer version of the compiler tools out now: http://mamedev.org/tools/

is it safe to use the MAME-compiler-64 with the latest MAME source and diffs? or do i need to wait now, until the new tools are implemented into MAME-compiler-64?

what does the last two checkmarks in MAME-compiler-64 mean (clean compile & disable warnings error) ??

questions over questions.... and thankfull for answers :)

The current source and diffs are fine for the Compiler. Same instructions apply.

For a manual compile, when you apply a DIFF patch after you have previously compiled (say, from 0.139u1 to 0.139u2), it is best to do a clean compile, which basically means to delete your obj folder before you compile (Courtesy of Mr. Do's Castle). Selecting this option from the compiler accomplishes the same task.

Disable Warnings as Error basically tells Windows not to display errors in the box as the compile is taking place. This has no impact on warning or "nag" screens generated in MAME when you load a game. That is the purpose of the diff files. Hope that is of help! B)

that was exactly for what i am looking for, thank you Draco :)

as my cab is coming this week, i want to prepare everything i can. pictures will be posted for grant :D .

my girlfriend did buy me a 2-year licence for GameEx and i am happy that i can build my theme in a much better speed.

to understand the full potential of GameEx, i will need time.... but i am counting on this great community, who always helped me.

at least i hope i could help with the hint of the new tools of MAMEdev

mmmh... ok, i tried to compile but i got errors:

Compiling src/mame/drivers/vegas.c...

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1316: error: redefinition of 'const rom_entry rom_tm4kca []'

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1299: error: 'const rom_entry rom_tm4kca [13]' previously defined here

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1333: error: redefinition of 'const rom_entry rom_tm4kca []'

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1299: error: 'const rom_entry rom_tm4kca [13]' previously defined here

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1752: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'DRIVER_INIT' with no type

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1752: error: 'tm4kca' was not declared in this scope

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1753: error: expected ',' or ';' before '{' token

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1774: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'DRIVER_INIT' with no type

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1774: error: redefinition of 'int DRIVER_INIT'

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1752: error: 'int DRIVER_INIT' previously defined here

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1774: error: 'tm4kca' was not declared in this scope

cc1plus.exe: warnings being treated as errors

src/mame/drivers/tmaster.c:1752: error: 'DRIVER_INIT' defined but not used

make: *** [obj/windows64/mame/drivers/tmaster.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Compiling src/mame/drivers/williams.c...

Finished!

0 Hours 11 Minutes and 58 Seconds Elapsed.

and i dont know where the finished product is :D . i thought it would be in the source folder, but there is no .exe in it :(

how can i try again to compile it? do i need to delete the contents of the source folder? if i unzip the MAME0146s.zip, i get a MAME.zip. do i need to unzip the MAME.zip too?

please help me to finish this :)