All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Vivanonno version 22.0.3

Brian Hoffman

These are two launchers for the only games that work with this emu. (Hey they work well though)

Rave racer world B

AND

Ridge Racer japan A

Place the two EXE's (Located in attachment) in the root directory of the vivanonno.exe

Create a LINK folder in the same directory.

Create Two shortcuts (one for each file) into the LINKS directory.

Configure gameex to use the Romfilter *.lnk

Both rompath and workingpath are the links folder.

command is "[rompath]/[romfile]"

Im also including a sample config.

Special thanks go out to Lucas Barton.

Vivanonno.zip

• Like 1

Okay not to steal anyones thunder...cause frankly I don't know if my method works better or not...just not into the use of shortcuts.

Well I'm going to go hide now. :o

*Update*

Added a formated settings.xml below in code tags...VivaNonno didn't generate a readable one...so

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root version="2">
<general>
<graphics texture_format="2" texture_reduction="0" gamma_correction="0.648000" black_level="0.000000" white_level="1.000000" frame_skip="0" no_wait="1" show_fps="0" interlace="1" interlace_level="96" texture_filtering="1" depth_bias="1" texture_mipmap="0"/>
<sound enable_sound="1" playback_freq="44100" buffer_size="100" volume="0.500000"/>
<control>
<joystick>
<axis handle="X" gas="2" brake="3"/>
<button coin1="8" coin2="9" clutch="4" shift1="12" shift2="14" shift3="15" shift4="13" shift_up="7" shift_down="6" test="0" service="1" view_change="5" pause="11"/>
</joystick>
<keyboard>
<axis/>
<button/>
</keyboard>
</control>
</general>
<game>
<RidgeRacer/>
<RidgeRacer2 no_time_up="0" system_type="0"/>
<RaveRacer/>
</game>
</root>

Brian, it's almost there. The only problem is that when I go to load one of the games, after the Vivanonno emu opens up it still requires me to use the mouse to click file and load game. After I do that, it automatically selects whichever game I had wanted and boots it. Is there any way to make it select file>load game>rave racer(world B) automatically, without having to manually click anything? Thanks again for your help.

Brian, it's almost there. The only problem is that when I go to load one of the games, after the Vivanonno emu opens up it still requires me to use the mouse to click file and load game. After I do that, it automatically selects whichever game I had wanted and boots it. Is there any way to make it select file>load game>rave racer(world B) automatically, without having to manually click anything? Thanks again for your help.

It should do that... It does for me..and so did the previous loaders...right?

Can you try running without gameex... Maybe gameex cause the emu to launch slower on your pc.. If it works outside gameex after a fresh rebbot Ill add a sleep statment..This should buy some time.

Please let me know...

Nologic,

Your loader is probably better than mine... Mine can also just use the exe's but then my rom filter has to be *.exe and then I have a choice of the emu on my selection screen. Unless I filter that rom.. My coding is very limited.

Here is my script

; <COMPILER: v1.0.47.4>

Run, vivanonno.exe

WinWait, viva nonno,

IfWinNotActive, viva nonno, , WinActivate, viva nonno,

WinWaitActive, viva nonno,

MouseClick, left, 49, 41

Sleep, 100

MouseClick, left, 49, 56

Sleep, 100

WinWait, Select System,

IfWinNotActive, Select System, , WinActivate, Select System,

WinWaitActive, Select System,

MouseClick, left, 66, 123

MouseClick, left, 66, 123

Sleep, 100

WinWait, viva nonno - ,

IfWinNotActive, viva nonno - , , WinActivate, viva nonno - ,

WinWaitActive, viva nonno - ,

Send, {ALTDOWN}{ENTER}{ALTUP}

Process, WaitClose, vivanonno.exe

ExitApp

It basicly says run vivanonno, click file load.. uses mouse to click Rom and ok. then sends ALT+Enter to go fullscreen..

Waits for the process to end then closes script.

It should do that... It does for me..and so did the previous loaders...right?

Can you try running without gameex... Maybe gameex cause the emu to launch slower on your pc.. If it works outside gameex after a fresh rebbot Ill add a sleep statment..This should buy some time.

Please let me know...

It does the same thing with and without Gameex running. Vivanonno opens, then the cursor arrow automatically moves below the file option then sits there and does nothing. I have to manually move the arrow up to click file, then select load game, and then it automatically goes down the list to the game and starts. Sorry about the hassle. It's almost there though.

It does the same thing with and without Gameex running. Vivanonno opens, then the cursor arrow automatically moves below the file option then sits there and does nothing. I have to manually move the arrow up to click file, then select load game, and then it automatically goes down the list to the game and starts. Sorry about the hassle. It's almost there though.

Its no hassle.. maybe instead of mouse movments ill use hot keys... like CTRL F for file...

I think the mouse movment are buggy anyways due to the fact people can be running diffrent resolutions or if the winow pops up somewhere else it will got to the wrong spot. (It does work for me)

I do have it installed on my work pc..but when I get home Ill make those changes.

If you want you can make it eaiser and tell me IF there are any hot keys to bring up the file/load window.

That should shave a minute off.. Honestly the fix will only take a min once I know wheat keys do what.

Thanks for the bug report and your continued patients.

Its no hassle.. maybe instead of mouse movments ill use hot keys... like CTRL F for file...

I think the mouse movment are buggy anyways due to the fact people can be running diffrent resolutions or if the winow pops up somewhere else it will got to the wrong spot. (It does work for me)

I do have it installed on my work pc..but when I get home Ill make those changes.

If you want you can make it eaiser and tell me IF there are any hot keys to bring up the file/load window.

That should shave a minute off.. Honestly the fix will only take a min once I know wheat keys do what.

Thanks for the bug report and your continued patients.

I couldn't find any hot keys for Vivanonno that pertain to the menus and loading the games. I looked in the readme file and tried pressing alt+f, shift+f, and a bunch of other things. Sorry I can't be of more help. Thanks again for your efforts.

If things don't work, you could try checking that the mouse is clicking in the right spot. You might be running in a different resolution from Brian so AHK might be clicking the wrong spot. As I recall, if you enable the mousehook you can open AHK and when you click somewhere, there is a way to display the location where you clicked. I haven't done this so I can't be more specific though (I always just guess and check the location).

Okay I'm guessing you're using AutoHotKey.

Using the mouse is generally fine....IF the window is always on top & the window is always the same distance from X & Y axises of the Desktop regardless of monitor resolution.

Other wise you need to be able to use the X & Y axises of the window rather than the Desktop...this can be defined in AutoIt with the following Option:

Opt ( 'MouseCoordMode' , 0 ) ; Active Window

Opt ( 'MouseCoordMode' , 1 ) ; Desktop

Opt ( 'MouseCoordMode' , 2 ) ; Client Area of Active Window

There is likely the same type options in AutoHotKey...if not then time to use AutoIt. :)

If the Window is not on top of the Z axis of the Desktop...then you should force it prior to using the Mouse.

In AutoIt you can use the following code:

WinSetOnTop ( 'title' , 'text' , 1 )

Blind SendKeys should never be used, keyboard accelerator's or not, unless your certain the window will always have focus. Its better if SendKeys isn't blind but actually being directly sent to a window, and ideally a named control...then it doesn't matter if the window has focus or topmost Z axis...or hell even hidden.

In AutoIt the three available SendKeys functions:

Send ( 'Sending this text' , 0 ) ; Blind (Focus & TopMost required)

ControlSend ( 'title' , 'text' , 'Edit1' , 'Sending this text' , 0 ) ; Direct

ControlSetText ( 'title' , 'text' , 'Edit1' , 'Sending this text' , 0 ) ; Direct & Instant

In AutoIt you can adjust the amount of time between sending key strokes:

Opt ( 'SendKeyDelay' , 1 ) ; 1 millisecond delay

Opt ( 'SendKeyDelay' , 5 ) ; 5 millisecond delay

The reason for those options is one to save time...and secondly ControlSetText doesn't always play well with all edit controls...so ControlSend is required.

Also using keyboard accelerator's is a mild improvement over navigation keys...namely a little faster, and a little bit more accurate...but still prone to failing if sent blindly.

Really its better to directly interact with a given control...however I'm not going to cover all the possible commands available in AutoIt...but in our case the only two that really matter per my script.

Now WinMenuSelectItem deals directly with Menu Items...this doesn't always work with all Menu's as there are a LOT of costume menu controls out there. Keep in mind this is near instant, and should be totally accurate no matter of focus, z-axis, or hidden.

WinMenuSelectItem ( 'title' , 'text' , 'menuitem1' , 'menuitem2' , 'menuitem...' )

As for ControlCommand this actually has a LOT of options...in our case we are looking to select an item out of a ListBox. Which is near instant and should be totally accurate no matter of focus, z-axis, or hidden.

ControlCommand ( 'title' , 'text' , 'ListBox1' , 'SelectString' , 'this string' )

Anyways dig through my code and get it all to make sense...then see if you can do the same thing in AutoHotKey...should be able to more or less...if anything you should have a mildly better understanding of how to write a loader. :)

Well don't be dazzled because its not over your head...you just simply haven't been exposed to it prior.

I'm sure Brian will get every thing figured out...if not there is my script posted in my first reply...tho somewhat hidden. Only reason I posted is that I had this half way coded up prior...but got side tracked and never finished it...till I seen Brian's required shortcuts...hehe which prompted to finish up mine.

Anyways don't be scared to get your hands dirty with AutoIt or AutoHotKey both are fairly direct and to the point...tho I do feel AutoIt is more easy to pick up. In ether case they are both a godsend to emulation users. :)

Well stick with Brian's handywork...if it wasn't for him nether of these would be here...plus I don't know if mine works for others...since no one has confirmed it. Main issue with mine is that I'm identifying windows by their Class...which I'm not sure if they maintain the same Class if different builds of Windows is used...or different regional settings are used. Basically its an attempt to make the script Vista use able.

Well don't be dazzled because its not over your head...you just simply haven't been exposed to it prior.

I'm sure Brian will get every thing figured out...if not there is my script posted in my first reply...tho somewhat hidden. Only reason I posted is that I had this half way coded up prior...but got side tracked and never finished it...till I seen Brian's required shortcuts...hehe which prompted to finish up mine.

Anyways don't be scared to get your hands dirty with AutoIt or AutoHotKey both are fairly direct and to the point...tho I do feel AutoIt is more easy to pick up. In ether case they are both a godsend to emulation users. :)

Yeah after looking at your cone I can port that to autohotkey... I just need time to learn exactly whats needed.

Thanks so much for all your suggestions and example as they help me very much...

Back to the drawing board.

• 4 months later...
Thanks to Brian Hoffman, I finally have Vivanonno running good with GameEX. He created some great little files to make it all work. I've attached those files so that they're available to anyone who may need them. Thanks again, Brian.

I've tried both of these files and they try to launch to wrong games. They try to launch the 1st and 4th games on the list(which don't work) rather than the 2nd and 5th like they need to.

There is actually a rebuilt set of Vivanonno files that were made using the Mame dumps, so now all the games listed for Vivanonno work. Plus, the textures look a lot better now.

I never heard anything about this. Could you clue me in on where you found out about this? :)