All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Alpha Paging

snoogens

• 2 weeks later...

I actually am not able to turn off alpha paging on one of my setups. I haven't spent tons of time trying to fix it but am curious what it could be. The config file appears to be correct. Can anyone give me some ideas of where this setting can possibly be set other than in the main part of the config?

Are you saying that when you turn off alpha paging and navigate normally in your music that it still skips to the next letter? Or, are you pushing the alpha paging button and then it pages to the next letter? I'm not sure I understand the question.

I turned off my Alpha Paging and it works with my game list but not with my music. Is there a way to turn it off so when i use my next and previous keys it does not skip to the letters assigned to those keys.

Not that i'm aware of. This happens me when i press player1 button2 (mapped to s key) to skip to the next track (which it does) the view shifts to the next track beginning with s. I think you'll have to live with it. Tom does know about it though. Not so sure if it is a bug could be just the way it works.

:)

I've had this problem when I used a custom config for my keyboard with the games list actually. I had asdf set up as my 4 action keys and when I used d, it would page to the first game starting with d. My resolution was not to use alpha keys and instead use characters. So for instance, I changed d to ; and everything was fine.

Ok so it is the ability to skip to the next letter of the alphabet that is Enabled or Disabled in the configuration. Not the ability to jump to the first game starting with the letter of a key that is pushed. That is always on it appears.

I was confused because I use a cabinet and most of my buttons are mapped to other keys in Gameex so only a few actually cause a jump to the page in the list starting with the letter that the button is mapped to. I thought that was "alpha paging" I admit I don't read much documentation initially, but should as it is clearly called out.

Correct. Alpha paging is when you use the paging button and hit up or down. Jumping to a specific start letter is a "feature" that is always enabled. I find that it doesn't work with every button though. Not sure why, but that's the way it is. An alternative is to set up your controls with non-alphanumeric characters such as , . / ; ' [ ] \ ` etc.