All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mame 0.118: "OK" isn't skipping anymore

SpinalBlood

I just downloaded the latest stable build (0.118) and when a game is launched the window is stuck in the "press ok" screen. I switched back to the mame 0.117 folder and the screen saver started to work again skipping the information popups. Again when i change back to the 0.118, it isn't skipping anymore. Each test was done in a new fresh folder. Have maybe some changes in the UI since 0.117u1 "changed the skipping system?".

In the setting I have of course the -skip_gameinfo command, but I think it's skipping the rominfo window only, not the disclaimer. If i remember well the skip_disclaimer command has been recenty removed but the screensaver was able in any case to bypass that until this last version...

Can someone test? Please help and forgive for a bad english

I just downloaded the latest stable build (0.118) and when a game is launched the window is stuck in the "press ok" screen. I switched back to the mame 0.117 folder and the screen saver started to work again skipping the information popups. Again when i change back to the 0.118, it isn't skipping anymore. Each test was done in a new fresh folder. Have maybe some changes in the UI since 0.117u1 "changed the skipping system?".

In the setting I have of course the -skip_gameinfo command, but I think it's skipping the rominfo window only, not the disclaimer. If i remember well the skip_disclaimer command has been recenty removed but the screensaver was able in any case to bypass that until this last version...

Can someone test? Please help and forgive for a bad english

Are you using the latest GameEx version? Works fine for me with skip_gameinfo (which is now enabled by default on new GameEx install)

Only time it wont work, is when MAME does not emulatoe the game 100% or your ROM/sCHD's are bad.

What version of GameEx are you running? There were enhancments relating to this issue.

Edit: There were UI changes in 0.118

Are you using the latest GameEx version? Works fine for me with skip_gameinfo (which is now enabled by default on new GameEx install)

Only time it wont work, is when MAME does not emulatoe the game 100% or your ROM/sCHD's are bad.

What version of GameEx are you running? There were enhancments relating to this issue.

Edit: There were UI changes in 0.118

Sorry, I thought you were talking about GameEx. The screensaver won't bypass the disclaimers in MAME 0.118 or above, due to changes in MAME.

I may do an update to it soon.