All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Adding Emulators

starbuck

Currently 105 if you inclue stepmania, frets on fire, alot of the mess emulators, SWF games etc etc

Are you putting swf sepretly and Mess etc????

example

emulator 1

My swf game

command =Swfplayer ThIS is my game.swf

emulator 2

My 2nd swf game

command =Swfplayer ThIS is my 2nd game.swf

---------------------------------------------------------

You can always do

Emulator1

Shock wave Flash

Command Swfplayer.exe "[rompath]/[romfile]"

Romfilter *.swf

Working path = C:\ALLMYSWFFILES\

I am doing it the way you suggested. If you just use the default emulators in setup you almost fill up the amount currently available.

Starbuck

I just thought I'd ask you are a new user. Or at least you are new to posting on the forum.

You can never be to sure.... Maybe you should post in the features request that you would also like more avalable slots.

I'am sure if enough board members ask Tom will provide them.

Brian Hoffman

Actually its my understanding that if you edit the GameEx.ini file directly you can add up to 100,000 emu's or some other ungodly number.

So in short GameEx does support a shit load more than what the GUI interface offers. ;)

Actually its my understanding that if you edit the GameEx.ini file directly you can add up to 100,000 emu's or some other ungodly number.

So in short GameEx does support a shit load more than what the GUI interface offers. ;)

Nologic is correct

edit you gameex.ini (in your gameex install diir) ----backup your original first :)

You will see a shit load of these...just add accordingly and rename.

[Emulator_27]

Enabled=False

DumbyValue=

STARTPAGENAME=

TITLETEXT=

StartPageLogo=

ROMFilter=

RomsInFolders=

RomPath=

SnapPath=

TitlePath=

BoxPath=

CartPath=

WorkingPath=

MapKeys=

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=

ReplaceUnder=

Capitals=

RemoveBrackets=

ShowDesktop=

Debug=

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command=

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

configFile=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=

PlayMusic=

PCGame=

DATABASE=

GamesIn7Zips=

PlayInScreenSaver=True

Nologic is correct

edit you gameex.ini (in your gameex install diir) ----backup your original first :)

You will see a shit load of these...just add accordingly and rename.

[Emulator_27]

Enabled=False

DumbyValue=

STARTPAGENAME=

TITLETEXT=

StartPageLogo=

ROMFilter=

RomsInFolders=

RomPath=

SnapPath=

TitlePath=

BoxPath=

CartPath=

WorkingPath=

MapKeys=

WaitBeforeKeys=

SendKeys=

ReplaceDash=

ReplaceUnder=

Capitals=

RemoveBrackets=

ShowDesktop=

Debug=

MAPFile=

AlsoLaunch=

Command=

OLDatZip=

LaunchBefore=

LaunchAfter=

configFile=

ExcludedFiles=

CustomBackground=

PlayMusic=

PCGame=

DATABASE=

GamesIn7Zips=

PlayInScreenSaver=True

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. It just seems that everytime I mention adding more slots, someone tries to shoot it down. Thank you for the information.

GameEx currently has the ability to support 999 emulator slots, but is currently fixed to support up to 255 through ini editing, just for performance reasons. There is also an optimization in place that any emulators greater than hundred will not load unless there all sequently enabled above that number.

This can all be easily changed though.

GameEx currently has the ability to support 999 emulator slots, but is currently fixed to support up to 255 through ini editing

hehe teach me to go running off at the mouth. :)

@ Starbuck

Well hopefully you'll be there for others in the future. :)

Always looking to build and expand our community, and the higher the average skill level of all those here, the more interesting things we'll be able to do as a community. :)

:)

Hey, um, I just tried going through the setup wizard, and tried enabling 43-80. Didn't show up in the config screen. Tried giving them all the name Atari 2600 Games and one PC Games Shortcut. Didn't show up in the config.exe. What I missing? I see the extra slots in the setup wizard, but I can't access them in the config.exe or through emulator setup in setupwizard.exe

Hey, um, I just tried going through the setup wizard, and tried enabling 43-80. Didn't show up in the config screen. Tried giving them all the name Atari 2600 Games and one PC Games Shortcut. Didn't show up in the config.exe. What I missing? I see the extra slots in the setup wizard, but I can't access them in the config.exe or through emulator setup in setupwizard.exe

I believe once you set them up in the setup wizard they will show up in gameex...not the config.. same for the ini editing..

I could be wrong tho

I believe once you set them up in the setup wizard they will show up in gameex...not the config.. same for the ini editing..

I could be wrong tho

What I found is that you give each category a name in the setup wizard. Then you have to go to Gameex.ini to do the logo name, work path, and rom path, etc. Then it shows up in Gameex, but not the config. Is there any way to get them to pop up in the config.exe?

The simple answer (for now) is don't use the Advanced Configuration use the Setup Wizard. Open up the Setup Wizard and select Custom then put a tick next to "Emulator Selection" *and* "Emulator Setup". Then you can use the Setup Wizard to add and configure up to 255 emulators. If there is a problem doing this or bug, please let me know.

The simple answer (for now) is don't use the Advanced Configuration use the Setup Wizard. Open up the Setup Wizard and select Custom then put a tick next to "Emulator Selection" *and* "Emulator Setup". Then you can use the Setup Wizard to add and configure up to 255 emulators. If there is a problem doing this or bug, please let me know.

Totally didn't see the emulator setup emulator drop down menu at the top of the screen. I kept on looking at the emulator setup (1) (2) (3) (4) FINISH. And I was like wtf? But now that I seen the drop down menu to select gameex slots in the emulator setup it all makes senses now.