All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Games With Multiple Discs.

xilezor

I've run into a problem with games that have multiple CD's. In this case, Resident Evil 2. I'm using an image loader (Daemon Tools) as the launch before program, and having ePSXe boot from my Image CD-ROM. What happens when I need to insert disc 2? Is there an easy way to do it without actually having to leave the game entirely and start from disc 2? Thanks.

EDIT** Bad example I realized. Let's say it's a multi disc game such as FF.

- Dave

I've run into a problem with games that have multiple CD's. In this case, Resident Evil 2. I'm using an image loader (Daemon Tools) as the launch before program, and having ePSXe boot from my Image CD-ROM. What happens when I need to insert disc 2? Is there an easy way to do it without actually having to leave the game entirely and start from disc 2? Thanks.

- Dave

I use a psx emu and have played it all the way through. the game will create a save file before it askes you to switch discs.

then yes you do exit the game and load cd2. and all other plays until you get to cd 3.

There are methods of creating a single ISO containing all info but Ive never done it.

This has worked fine :)

There are methods of creating a single ISO containing all info but Ive never done it.

That sounds great! Call me uptight, but there's just something a bit off about the whole disk swapping thing. I know you had to do it on the Console, but that's because of space limitation, if there's a way around it on the PC I much prefer to have just a single game name listed in Game Ex instead of Final Fantasy 7 cd 2, cd 3 , etc.

If I get this working (in GameEx via ePSXe) I'll be sure to post how.

Now it's off to google. do you have any good links about doing this?

-SpyDi

- Dave

Ive never made it to a second disc of a game yet while running gameex, but I would be interested in the answer to this too, like for night trap when it says insert disc 2 what would you do?

Ive never made it to a second disc of a game yet while running gameex, but I would be interested in the answer to this too, like for night trap when it says insert disc 2 what would you do?

As long as it saves before asking you to switch discs Im sure it will be ok.

Some games dont. for PSX metal gear/parasite eve and a couple others.

There are some games save hacks to get around this.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm sorry for bumping this old thread. But is this project still being worked on? I'm looking for a solution for Nulldc for games like Shenmue II which is 4 discs. Anyone know of a solution to swapping discs in Nulldc? I can't remember if Shenmue II lets you save before swapping or not.

@Hunk_4TH - I found an old post on Emuforums.com regarding the issue (check it out here). Unless the latest incarnation of NullDC has remedied the issue, you should be able to save the game, exit, then load the last save game and the next disc. Apparently this is how it was with the actual game on the console.

Cool, thanks for the quick reply! It's been a long time since I've completed the first Shenmue so I couldn't remember if it prompt to save or not. Though hopefully the OP is still working on this multi-disc thing for PSX as it seems pretty useful.

Now I create eboots with multiple discs for PSP, so it *should* be possible. Not 100% though.

.:Edit:. Actually I know it's possible. I have a Crash Bandicoot PSX ISO that contains all 3 games on one disc. I just don't know how the heck they did it. :)

Now I create eboots with multiple discs for PSP, so it *should* be possible. Not 100% though.

.:Edit:. Actually I know it's possible. I have a Crash Bandicoot PSX ISO that contains all 3 games on one disc. I just don't know how the heck they did it. :)

Oh wow 3 on one disc huh? That would be sweet as hell! To do that for Nulldc :D

Ok here I am with another question regarding multi disc games. I've been playing Shenmue II in Nulldc via GameEx which has been working perfectly. However in GameEx all my Shenmue II discs come up as Shenmue II not disc 1,disc 2 etc.. so I have to guess which disc is which :( Is there anyway I can get around this? I'm guessing this is something to do with the game database? Thanks! :)