All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gameex, Media Center Remote, Karafun & AHK Problems

Blueboy

Hi All

Now this is driving me mad !!! :)

PimpDaddyStu kindly wrote me a AHK script to exit Karafun when a karaoke song was complete. I thought this was working like a charm until I realised that when I was using my Media Center Remote Control I could no longer exit a song half way through using the back button on the control.

I thought that this was due to the fact that it looks like "Map Keys" within gameex emulator options can no longer be used if the command line exe is a batch file. (I'm assuming that a AHK script counts as a batch file !).

So once I switched "Map Keys" off I though the next step would be to configure the keyboards shortcuts within Karafun to the Media Center Control Back Button instead.

This is a sample of the Keyboard file within Karafun which can be adjusted. It looks like the following (a cut-down version)

SwitchFullScreen=ALT+VK_RETURN

CancelFullScreen=VK_BACK

SwitchTrainingMode=VK_T

Now the AHK script exits Karafun once the full-screen is cancelled so I used VK_BACK to replicate the remote control back button being pressed which would then cause the script to exit the karaoke software. However nothing happens when I use the remote control back button. If I press backspace on the keyboard then everything is fine, Karafun exits and focus is returned to Gamex

I was unsure of the syntax so also tried VK_BACKSPACE, VK_1 (to emulate the OK button instead) but nothing seems to work.

The back button works within Gameex itself so I know it isn't a problem with the control itself.

Am I doing something really stupid ? !!!

Blueboy

Hi All

Now this is driving me mad !!! :)

PimpDaddyStu kindly wrote me a AHK script to exit Karafun when a karaoke song was complete. I thought this was working like a charm until I realised that when I was using my Media Center Remote Control I could no longer exit a song half way through using the back button on the control.

I thought that this was due to the fact that it looks like "Map Keys" within gameex emulator options can no longer be used if the command line exe is a batch file. (I'm assuming that a AHK script counts as a batch file !).

So once I switched "Map Keys" off I though the next step would be to configure the keyboards shortcuts within Karafun to the Media Center Control Back Button instead.

This is a sample of the Keyboard file within Karafun which can be adjusted. It looks like the following (a cut-down version)

SwitchFullScreen=ALT+VK_RETURN

CancelFullScreen=VK_BACK

SwitchTrainingMode=VK_T

Now the AHK script exits Karafun once the full-screen is cancelled so I used VK_BACK to replicate the remote control back button being pressed which would then cause the script to exit the karaoke software. However nothing happens when I use the remote control back button. If I press backspace on the keyboard then everything is fine, Karafun exits and focus is returned to Gamex

I was unsure of the syntax so also tried VK_BACKSPACE, VK_1 (to emulate the OK button instead) but nothing seems to work.

The back button works within Gameex itself so I know it isn't a problem with the control itself.

Am I doing something really stupid ? !!!

Blueboy

That may be happening if you have selected 'Direct Input' enable under Keyboard Settings. I don't think the back (or possibly volume buttons) work on the Media Centre Remote when 'Direct Input' is enabled.

:)

That may be happening if you have selected 'Direct Input' enable under Keyboard Settings. I don't think the back (or possibly volume buttons) work on the Media Centre Remote when 'Direct Input' is enabled.

Thanks for the advice but I went into the config and "Enable Keyboard DirectInput" is currently set to "NO"

Blueboy

Thanks for the advice but I went into the config and "Enable Keyboard DirectInput" is currently set to "NO"

Blueboy

Have you also deselected ipac support (not sure if it will make any odds though) ?