All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

GameEx Most Wanted Features

headkaze

Okay this is not for new feature requests (they go in the pinned topic at the top of the forum). This topic is your most wanted feature request that you've already requested. It means you get the opportunity to say what you would like to see in GameEx again without sounding like your nagging.

There is no guarantee of a feature being implemented but it might help Tom better see the popularity of some requests.

If a feature is mentioned twice or more it gets on the most wanted list with a running tally of how many people have requested the feature. You get two votes, one for a unique feature and the second for someone elses feature to add to the vote tally. So what are your two most wanted features?

Here is mine as an example Eg.

Name: Search

Description: Ability to search game/music lists by typing in keywords using an onscreen keyboard, scrolling letters or triple tap

Your second vote should just be the name of a current feature on the list (this includes Pending Requests) Eg.
Name: In-game music toggle and volume control

GameEx Most Wanted Features

[6 Votes] Menu wrapping

[6 Votes] Browsing music in Jukebox by folder

[3 Votes] In-game music toggle and volume control

[3 Votes] Scroll through lists with a mouse / spinner / trackball (mouse moves list rather than selector bar)

[2 Votes] Custom Control Panel viewer

[2 Votes] Auto mount un-mount image files / multiple image file change

[2 Votes] Letter jump in menu using Joypad

Pending Requests

[1 Vote] More flexibility for Themes / Theme Editor

[1 Vote] Integrated full control key remapping / multi-key mapping / multi-button mapping

[1 Vote] Custom Mame Background

[1 Vote] More attract mode options (Eg. Slideshow & Music)

[1 Vote] Play game now button (to skip info screen without turning it off)

[1 Vote] Joystick / key mappings image display for emulators (other than Mame)

[1 Vote] Slideshow via Jukebox ("Random SlideShow" under "Playlist More" option in the jukebox)

Implemented

[1 Vote] Support for 12 buttons in gamepad map keys, currently only 10 buttons are usable

[6 Votes] Search

[2 Votes] E-Book / Comic book reader support

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Name: In-game music toggle option

Sometimes when I play a game I like my music to continue playing and other times I don't, but I don't want to have to go into the configuration menu to switch it. I thought it would be nice to have a key assigned to toggle this option on and off.

It might also be a good idea to set up an option in the config on a per emulator basis to allow the ingame music to be set to always off for the emulators that do not work with background music.

Name: In-game music toggle option

Sometimes when I play a game I like my music to continue playing and other times I don't, but I don't want to have to go into the configuration menu to switch it. I thought it would be nice to have a key assigned to toggle this option on and off.

It might also be a good idea to set up an option in the config on a per emulator basis to allow the ingame music to be set to always off for the emulators that do not work with background music.

I think this request would go along well with in-game volume control. Something like "In-game music toggle and volume control."

Name: Menu wrapping

Description: When at the top of a menu list if you press up it would jump you to the very bottom of that list... just like the Mame config tab menu does... it would be so handy when you know the game your after is in the lower half of the alphabet... everyone that has used my cabinet seems to automatically try to do this

Stu

Name: Integrated full control key remapping

An integration of remapping of keys (some use AutoHotKey, some use other apps like Joy2Key) into GameEx.

It would work like this:

In configuration wizard, as you setup your emulator/app/e-book there's a checkbox;

"Enable custom key mapping option" and then another checkbox "Show link for remapper window".

If both options are checked, as you run GameEx and select any game for any Emu/PC Game/App you will see a link on the info screen for each game "Remap keys", if only the first option is checked you won't see the link, but GameEx will apply your custom controls upon launch of the game.

It would also enable letting both players navigate through GameEx menus using the control of your choice. (Checkbox in configuration)

Emph

I think I will allow 1 extra vote per person for someone elses request and an optional vote for a unique request.

So my extra vote will go for "In-game music toggle and volume control".

Emphatic: I added multi-key mappings to your request, since that is quite a popular request as well. That just means the ability to have more than one key assigned to a function.

Emphatic: I added multi-key mappings to your request, since that is quite a popular request as well. That just means the ability to have more than one key assigned to a function.

Cool, that's actually sort of what I meant with this: "It would also enable letting both players navigate through GameEx menus using the control of your choice. (Checkbox in configuration)". But your way is more flexible I guess.

My additional vote goes to "E-Book / Comic book reader support"

Emph

Name: Menu wrapping

Description: When at the top of a menu list if you press up it would jump you to the very bottom of that list... just like the Mame config tab menu does... it would be so handy when you know the game your after is in the lower half of the alphabet... everyone that has used my cabinet seems to automatically try to do this

Stu

thats a vote from me :P

my vote:

support for navigating folder structure in the jukebox:

the user could choose to navigate music by "folder" (a sidebar button below genre and artist). gameex would then navigate music similar to the current video module. i am forced to use a different htpc frontend for music management so i would like to move over to gameex completely.

How about an option for jumping to a letter via joypad?(like having the letters listed from # to Z in a row that you can select from). The fact that you can jump to a letter via keystroke is very good in its own right, however this may be useful for those setting up a console-like PC in the den that can completely be navigated using a joypad(seeing as the rest of the interface can do this already and quite well).

custom control panel viewer (implement the control panel that's in the theme editor!)

in game volume control would be really nice!

an option to scroll through lists with a mouse/spinner/trackball (basically, moving the mouse would move the selection in the list rather than moving a cursor)

multiple buttons to do the same action (a single gamepad controller could be used in a 2 player cab MUCH more easily)

Search

More flexibility for Themes / Theme Editor

Custom Mame Background

Custom Control Panel viewer

I've been after these for some time now. :)

I can only take one vote per person otherwise it's not a very ballanced voting system. You can have 1 unique vote and 1 vote for an existing request. It's fine to put a list of features you want, but I will only use the first in your list.

My vote for existing request: "Custom Control Panel viewer"

My unique vote: "Play game instantly"

- Not sure if this exists already, but I would like to be able to press a "special" button/key when scrolling through the list that would automatically load the game rather than going to the "info" page and then having to select "Play This Game". I would like to keep the ability to go into the game info page, but would like the option to just play directly from the list.

I can only take one vote per person otherwise it's not a very ballanced voting system. You can have 1 unique vote and 1 vote for an existing request. It's fine to put a list of features you want, but I will only use the first in your list.

Most certainly the Search feature. With thousands of ROMs a search feature would very much rule!

I was thinking maybe a per-system info page or file that would load up when you choose a game(it could be merged with or be confined to a corner of the current game info screen) that would allow you to provide a graphic showing the joystick-gamepad mappings or any other system-specific(as opposed to game specific) information(think of those old PS1 and PS2 demo discs except instead of game specific it would be specific to the system as a whole to show the mapping).

Another(which I'm not sure has been suggested before) is random ambient music from a playlist file.

It looks like this one got missed from the summary out of my earlier request:

Scroll through lists with a mouse/spinner/trackball (basically, moving the mouse would move the selection in the list rather than moving a cursor)

It looks like this one got missed from the summary out of my earlier request:

Scroll through lists with a mouse/spinner/trackball (basically, moving the mouse would move the selection in the list rather than moving a cursor)

Added :)