All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Beta nullDC support

Nologic

Extract the attached folder contents to where nullDC is installed

Copy "[Console] Sega Dreamcast (nullDC).ini" from "*\Support\Import\" to "*\GameEx\CONFIG\EMULATORS\IMPORT-EXPORT\"

Fire up "Advanced Configuration"

Press "Next Page" till you come to a free Emu button then click that button

From the drop down menu for "Import Emulator:" select "[Console] Sega Dreamcast (nullDC)"

Press the "Import" button

Press "OK" on the overwrite dialog box

Correct directory pathing if required (more than likely)

Press "Save"

Press "Exit"

Edit the _settings.ini file to where it match's the syntax and pathing required to mount and unmount a CD image with your given virtual drive (daemon tools is assumed)

While the loader is setup for daemon tools...its advised to use a different virtual drive application Alcohol 52% works fine.

Create a Xpadder profile for nullDC called "nullDC.xpadderprofile" save it to your nullDC folder

Make sure that for your GDRom Plugin you have the following selected:

zNullGD, SCSI Passthru GDROM Plugin By _ZeZu_ [Apr 1 2007] v1.0.0 (zNullGD_Win32.dll)

Note this setup doesn't currently support GDI dumps.

works a treat, thanks

An interesting thing about this version of nulldc is that you can run the games without ever using daemon tools. You can load straight from the file.

NoLogic, is there any way you could create a version of your settings.ini and nullDC_Loader that would simply boot files into nullDC without the use of daemon?

Also, is there any way to avoid the xpadder stuff. I use Pinnacle Game Profiler.

Yeah I'll see if there is some way I can come up with using nullDC's built in disc abilities.

I'll take a look at Pinnacle...I've never toyed with it...but maybe now is a good time to. :)

We'll see what happens. :)

Well just dug up the command line options for Pinnacle...so far I think its the only gamepad mapper that has decent support for CLI.

-apply[Profile Name]Apply profile settings only

-xapply[Profile Name]

Continue to apply profile settings, until a null switch is used -xapply[]

-launch[Profile Name]

Apply profile settings & launch game executable

-xlaunch[Profile Name]

Continue to apply profile settings & launch game executable, until a null switch is used -xlaunch[]

If there are any others let me know.

Well just dug up the command line options for Pinnacle...so far I think its the only gamepad mapper that has decent support for CLI.

If there are any others let me know.

Some of the things that I use it for are the following:

1.) I redirect the gameex icon shortcut to launch from within the pinnacle game profiler. That way I could have all controls mapped out by the time gameex starts.

2.) I use it to exit emulators.

3.) In the pinnacle options, there is an area where you can not have pinnacle open up it's main window when you use the launch command. This way, it makes it seemless with gameex. In the 4.0 Beta version, the pinnacle progress bar that shows it loading up is gone. Then it is seamless with Gameex. Problem is that it's a beta and crashes somewhat.

4.) You can set commands like ALT + F4 to crash emulators-- for example the one's that don't exit normally.

5.) I set the left and right triggers on my wireless 360 controller to scroll through the music left and right.

As for two player support through pinnacle, I haven't figured that out yet. I use it to map controller 1. Then I go to the emulators to map controller 2. If you figured out how to get two player pinnacle working from within gameex, that would be awesome. I suspect it's going to need some kind of cmd or bat file since there is only one BEFORE LAUNCH for each emulator.

6.) I set BEFORE LAUNCH to launch the profile only for each emulator. I use the UPON EXIT (or whatever it's called) to switch back to Gameex. This way, the controls don't jumble up and it stays consistent and correct.

It would be great to see something this graphical natively built into Gameex. It should be a member feature. That would be a massive selling point... oh, and a nulldc loader. :P

I have tried this but I am having a problem.

Firstly I installed as per your notes, change directories etc.

Ran GX and tried a game, that came up with remaining issues with _system.ini which I then resolved.

I now do not get an error, but sadly the games do not launch.

I have daemon tools installed and xpadder with the appropriate profile made and saved as per you direction.

Nulldc does work fine for me usually on this PC.

I am using Vista however and I wonder whether you used Vista when you worked on this?

oh shit...yeah sorry about that vista isn't supported by the AutoIt Build I'm using...give me a sec I'll go see if there is a newer build that does support Vista.

Not finding any thing as of yet....try right clicking on the autoit executables and selecting "Run as.." or "Run as adminstrator" and see if that solves the problem.

Also Xpadder's executable will need the same as above...tho you haven't reached that issue as of yet.

I'll keep trying to hunt down info to get every thing working...sorry for the let down thus far. :(

oh shit...yeah sorry about that vista isn't supported by the AutoIt Build I'm using...give me a sec I'll go see if there is a newer build that does support Vista.

Not finding any thing as of yet....try right clicking on the autoit executables and selecting "Run as.." or "Run as adminstrator" and see if that solves the problem.

OK, just as soon as I escape work and get home I'll check that out!

Already had a laugh setting up Daemon Tools for Vista, bloody Kernel Debugger!

Also Xpadder's executable will need the same as above...tho you haven't reached that issue as of yet.

Ooooh! Something else to look forward to! LOL

I'll keep trying to hunt down info to get every thing working...sorry for the let down thus far. :(

What a gent you are! I love my Gameex Shuttle I have in the lounge and adding dreamcast to it will be very nice! If the above suggestions work I will post back later, just 3 hours to hometime! :D

Well I do hope the suggestions help...tho other than Xpadder its all guess work.

Right then! Got it working, kind of!

From Gameex I can now launch into a game with joypad control, however, when I quit out back to the gameex menu and select another game it will stick on a black screen.

I found the reason why, if I minimise gameex and pass my mouse over the xpadder systray icon (which is for some reason still present after exiting a game) it will instantly disappear without need to goto task manager, if I then restore gameex I can continue.

Thing is, I really don't want to have to do that each time I swap a game. I assume there is something wrong in the command that is telling xpadder to shut down or its even more gayness from Vista.

I have to laugh, everything I put my mind too always comes up with the most bizarre issues! LOL!

Any further help would be most gratefully appreciated! :D

Yeah the script is written to cause Xpadder to close...but its also suppose to reopen it again when you launch into another game...so..hmm...I'll look into things

Thanks! Xpadder does not show in task manager, but untill i swipe the mouse over the "should be non exsistant" systray icon, then it is ok again. :unsure:

Gold star if you figure it out before me!

I think the system tray icon is an older bug with windows if I recall correctly.

I am however bumping into issues where Daemon Tools is unable to unmount the disc image of the game exited...this might be causing problems for you and others as well.

Maybe nullDC isn't correctly releasing the disc image...which maybe true as I'm forcing a close of the process.

Hehe I may have to clean that up for it to work more correctly. :)

I think the system tray icon is an older bug with windows if I recall correctly.

I am however bumping into issues where Daemon Tools is unable to unmount the disc image of the game exited...this might be causing problems for you and others as well.

Maybe nullDC isn't correctly releasing the disc image...which maybe true as I'm forcing a close of the process.

Hehe I may have to clean that up for it to work more correctly. :)

Funny that you mention Daemon Tools! LOL, I havea problem whereby aftr each restart, even though its been told not too, it always reenables secure mode, which sadly asks the question about mounting and unmounting behind the gameex activity :-(

I can rememdy it by running daemon before gameex and re-unchecking the option, oh, but what a ball ache! If only I had patience for nullDC to have proper command line controls inc image playback! :D

Well I've tried to properly exit nullDC...but its still not releasing its calls to Daemon Tools correctly it seems. :(

Secure mode shouldn't make a difference I would think...tho I'm no expert when it comes to Daemon Tools.

Maybe I'll try some other virtual drives and see if there is the same issue...if so it'll be some thing the nullDC team will have to solve.

Things can still be made to work...as seen with the other loader...we can access the images directly from the drive...it just seems a bit more unsightly is all...hence why I tried to avoid it in the first place. ;)

Anyways we'll see how things pan out...but right now things aren't looking to bright for virtual drive access. :(

Okay just tested using Alcohol 52% free edition and I'm no longer having that issue any more...and the disc images seem to be un/loading faster.

_settings.in looks like

[Virtual_CD]
Command_Mount=C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 52\AxCmd.exe 1: /M:"[RomPath]\[RomFile]"
Command_UnMount=C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 52\AxCmd.exe 1: /U

[Xpadder]
Pathing=C:\Program Files\Xpadder\Xpadder.exe

Course in defense of Daemon Tools I am using 4.00 not 4.08 the most current build...so the issue I'm experiencing maybe resolved in newer builds.

Hi Nologic!!!

Thank you so much for your work on NullDC! incredible!!

It works fine for me fine except a little problem with Xpadder. Well actually I have diffilcuties to load my profile.

When I try to save an xpadderprofile, it seems that I have to create a profile for each controller (I have 2)...

So when I launch NullDC loader into gameex, I have only one controller which works...

Maybe I am not using well Xpadderfunctions when I created Xpadder controller config and profile...(each profile/controller have to be name...?)

Tell me if u got this issue.

Thanks in advance...

Let me know on your progress!

I made few test with xpadder on pc games (vitua tennis 3 in order to be able to navigate into the menu).It seems that Xpadder load by default the controller profile (hardware setting) and one profile assignement for the firt gamepad, after I have to load manually the second profile for controller 2.

Maybe It s possible to create a shortcut for controller 2 into gameex with 'lauch before'...

I will see that this evening...