All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

UltraStik Plugin pre-release

cupid

Alright I need just a little help. Which config do I actually place the information in. Is it the gameex.ini file in the gameex directory? If so can I just place it anywhere in there.

So I should put the following in it:

ShellBeforeLaunch=C:\Progra~1\UltraMap\UltraMap.exe "C:\ultramapsmame\[ROM].ugc"

ShellOnExit=C:\Progra~1\UltraMap\UltraMap.exe "C:\ultramapsmame\8-Way.ugc"

Where "C:\ultramapsmame" is the location of the ugc files

Do I need to leave anything out of the last part like the where or is the location of the ugc files I assume? Sorry for all of the questions, just really hope to get this working.

Thanks,

Stephen

Step1 Make sure your UltraMap is installed at C:\Program Files\Ultramap

if not replace C:\Progra~1\Ultramaps with the path to your installed ultramap Note that C:\Progra~1 is the dos short name for "C:\Program Files" Sorry for any confusion that may cause, I think you can use quotes to get around the problem that the space in Program Files creates.

Step2 Put all the ugc map files in C:\ultramapsmame

Step3 Edit the Gameex.ini file

You will find both of the lines ShellBeforeLaunch= and ShellOnExit= in that file.

Make them read

ShellBeforeLaunch=C:\Progra~1\UltraMap\UltraMap.exe "C:\ultramapsmame\[ROM].ugc"

Then save.

OR for step3

You can also just use the "Advanced Configuration Tool" and then go to "advance Mame"

You will find both of these enteries there as well. Just add the part after the = sign and hit save.

Sorry for the confusing post above.

No luck so far. I followed the steps and kept gameex in a windowed mode, and nothing seems to change. I set the stick to analog with ultramap, and then closed it, ran gameex, opened donkey kong, and exited back to gameex. I then checked my ultramap software and it was still set to analog. Here is what I added in the advanced config, and how it shows in the gameex.ini. All the maps you provided are in the C:\ultramapsmame dirc :

Use16BitColour=False

Widescreen=False

DisableMAME=False

ShellBeforeLaunch=ShellBeforeLaunch=C:\Progra~1\UltraMap\UltraMap.exe "C:\ultramapsmame\[ROM].ugc"

ShellOnExit=ShellOnExit=C:\Progra~1\UltraMap\UltraMap.exe "C:\ultramapsmame\8-Way.ugc"

Sorry for the confusion, The correct information in the Gameex.ini file is this:

Your file has the ShellbeforeLaunch= and ShellOnExit= in there twice, It should read exactly as above.

You don't need to add the entire line, simply find the enteries

ShellBeforeLaunch= and ShellOnExit= in the gameex.ini file then add the part after the equal sign so that it reads as written above exactly.

That was definitely a problem in your ini file. One other thing I realized is that I only put the game maps in the zip file. I have attached a file that also contains the default mappings such as 4-way and 8-way. That would have prevented the mapping back to 8-way upon exit of a game. So please your current C:\ultramapsmame with the maps from the file attached to this post.

Now an easy way to test this is to open notepad and paste in the following:

C:\Progra~1\UltraMap\UltraMap.exe "C:\ultramapsmame\8-Way.ugc"

Save the file with the name Test.bat, make sure notepad is set to save it as "all files" else it will save it as test.bat.txt

Now open ultramap, program your joysticks to Analog, and then close ultramap.

Double click and run the batch file created above. Now open ultramap, Are they set to 8-way?

If not it is either a path issue or the fact my files are created with 2 joysticks (Ids 1 and 2 in ultramap) if you have more joysticks or less that could be the problem If the batch file doesn't work, just let me know how many joysticks you have and what Ids they have in ultramap and I can help you with the setup.

The seamless switching between games is worth it for sure. This does work with mame32 as well.

ultramapsmame.zip

I tested as well, and its working great. Thanks for all your patience in answering my dumb questions lol. Someone should add these file to a sticky or something. You should also consider sharing these with the arcadecontrols forum as well, as I'm sure theres alot of gameex users that don't visit the site. Great job, thanks alot.