All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] LCD/LED Plugin 1.92

headkaze

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks PileDriver, I think I've found the bug.

Can you please try out Version 1.57

- Fixed colors.ini function not setting LED's state

I'll Get back to you soon on this. I'm wireing the second wiz right now.

Are multiple ledwizs supported yet?

Also should I delete the old plugin files before putting the new in?

I'll Get back to you soon on this. I'm wireing the second wiz right now.

Are multiple ledwizs supported yet?

Also should I delete the old plugin files before putting the new in?

yes multiple ledwiz devices aare supporting. You shouldn't have to delete or change everything just add your new inputs in the config.

yes multiple ledwiz devices aare supporting. You shouldn't have to delete or change everything just add your new inputs in the config.

He he.. Sorry. What I should have asked is "Should I delete the plugin files before installing the new plugin version".

Anyway, I'm now getting and error on some games while scroling through the game list. See atached.

I've also sent a PM.

Error1.bmp

He he.. Sorry. What I should have asked is "Should I delete the plugin files before installing the new plugin version".

Anyway, I'm now getting and error on some games while scroling through the game list. See atached.

I've also sent a PM.

No just copy the new plugin files over the old ones. Sorry about that, I introduced that bug with the big code overhaul recently. Should be fixed in 1.6 BETA. Let me know if there are any problems.

I am getting sent my LEDWiz gear as we speak so little bugs like this shouldn't appear anymore because I will be able to test it on my cab first. Thanks for your patience and testing.

BTW A new feature is coming soon, that will interfact with Mame for some games like DigDug when you insert a coin the start button will flash. Stay tuned the code is almost ready.

I'm running 1.6 and I never see the attract mode. If I hit the test attract in the plugin configuration it works. Also, when I scroll through a list of games, none of them light up my buttons. If I go back to the configure menu and play with the settings and go back to game ex, it sometimes works for lighting my buttons and sometimes it doesn't (or it lights the wrong buttons). I never hear it speak my button settings. I've also noticed that when you are configuring your ipac inputs it attempts to light the buttons as you configure them. However to make this work you have to click on the button to toggle it to make it actually light up your buttons. For example if you check it, you may have to uncheck it and then re-check it to make it light up.

Also, I'd like to request the ability to always have certain inputs lit. I have an exit and pause button on my machine and I'd always like to have them on. Also, it would be nice to have the trackball and mouse buttons lit while navigating the gameex menus.

I'm not at all complaining, I know this is in beta and I'm really hoping to use this in place of PowerMame.

-Dan

Doh! I forgot to add back in the attract mode, so I've fixed it for 1.61. I'm not sure why it's not speaking your buttons, others have reported that as working, so I'm not sure. I will have to look into it when I get my gear. As for the wrong buttons lighting up, that's another thing I'm not sure about. It's difficult to see these things without visual feedback. If you can post your LED.ini file and write down the games that have buttons lighting up wrongly (also show me which buttons they should and shouldn't be showing for the game). BTW If the game isn't in controls.ini it won't light up the buttons for the game because there is no information about which buttons to light up, so it should light the buttons you have set in the config instead (I might make an option to just have them turn off instead).

I can add an option to have certain inputs perminately lit, no problems. Nice idea

LCD/LED Plugin 1.65

- Uses Mame Interop (Mame.dll) to receive events from Mame in realtime and sends them to the LEDWiz (Eg. Flashing start buttons)

This is a new feature that hasn't been tested yet. Alot of the newer stuff will be sorted when I get my LEDWiz and be able to test things myself. Mame Interop is something I have developed with the help of Howard Casto and will be releasing source code for other developers to use also. There is more that I will do with Mame Interop for this plugin like output scores for some games to LCD's. Stay tuned.

LCD/LED Plugin 1.66

- Added support for MikeQ's new ledwiz.dll. Would you believe all this time the LEDWiz actually goes up to 49 levels of intensity not 48? Any value below that is a modulated signal which may cause problems for operating devices other than the LED boards from GGG.

Doh! I forgot to add back in the attract mode, so I've fixed it for 1.61. I'm not sure why it's not speaking your buttons, others have reported that as working, so I'm not sure. I will have to look into it when I get my gear. As for the wrong buttons lighting up, that's another thing I'm not sure about. It's difficult to see these things without visual feedback. If you can post your LED.ini file and write down the games that have buttons lighting up wrongly (also show me which buttons they should and shouldn't be showing for the game). BTW If the game isn't in controls.ini it won't light up the buttons for the game because there is no information about which buttons to light up, so it should light the buttons you have set in the config instead (I might make an option to just have them turn off instead).

I can add an option to have certain inputs perminately lit, no problems. Nice idea

I upgraded to 1.66. I now have the correct buttons lit and the speaking controls work. Also, you fixed the problem on the lighting from the configuring your LEDWiz. Good Job!

I still don't get the attract mode to work. Does the attract mode work while in GameEx or when a game is running or both? Also, The Enable MAME Interop doesn't see to save to disk.

I only see games controls based upon the controls.ini settings. Are you saying that if a game isn't in controls.ini it will light up what you have configured in MAME? I believe this is how PowerMAME works. For example, Metal Slug doesn't have a controls.ini entry, but when you play the game PowerMAME lights up the controls you have configured in the game. Using the plugin, all the controls for Metal Slug are off.

As far as the option for dedicated inputs on, it would be really nice to have the option to have them lit all the time, or lit when in Game Ex. For Example, when launching a game, they would go dark and when you returned from the game they would re-light. For example, I'd like to have my trackball lit all the time while in the GameEx front end. When playing a game it would go out and when I return it would re-lit. If I launched a game such as Centipede then it would also be lit in the game. Another somewhat related cool feature would be to allow a pause button control. When the control is pushed, the control would flash (indicating pause) until the game was unpaused.

Thanks for all the good work.

LCD/LED Plugin 1.67

Thanks for the report 442much. Hopefully I've fixed those problems you've mentioned. Please try again.

Oh btw the attract mode should start when you leave GameEx for about 10 minutes I think the default is. When it goes into attract mode then the LEDWiz plugin should start attract mode. Can you check that is working?

Attract mode will not play if your just running a game and leave it for a while. That might change in the future.

WOW.

That's a major improvement.

Attract modes are working for me.

Buttons light during configuration.

More to come as I test the MameInterop and other settings.

Great Job!

hehe Thanks I did find a major bug which has been effecting alot of things ;)

Yeah go ahead if you want. I've just sort of chucked it in there for now so it flashes P1/P2 start buttons. It's mainly just to see if it works.

So yeah test it out and get back to me if you can.

Hi,

Installed the latest version added and set-up the plug-in no problem....

But when I go into mame I get the following error thten game-ex just hangs.

Could it be that my mame game list was not set-up before I enabled the plug-in has caused the problem

help?

Pic of error attached

post-1987-1171184973_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Installed the latest version added and set-up the plug-in no problem....

But when I go into mame I get the following error thten game-ex just hangs.

Could it be that my mame game list was not set-up before I enabled the plug-in has caused the problem

help?

Pic of error attached

Yep, I just tested, if you don't do an update list it will cause that error. I will fix that, cheers.

EDIT: 1.69 now fixes the error if you don't have the list updated

Yep, I just tested, if you don't do an update list it will cause that error. I will fix that, cheers.

EDIT: 1.69 now fixes the error if you don't have the list updated

Yeah go ahead if you want. I've just sort of chucked it in there for now so it flashes P1/P2 start buttons. It's mainly just to see if it works.

That all works great now.

I played Dig Dug and the LEDS went on (flickered/On) when I added credits.

:-)

Currently at 1.69. It is looking really good. Here is what I've noticed. The test attract mode doesn't always work. I'm not quite sure I understand what each attract mode is all about. It would be good if you only have one attract mode selected and you press the test, that it would only test that button. Also, when leaving the configuration, the buttons that you had lit from the attract test stay lit.

The coin credit is working, however not all of my inputs are flashing. Also, when I do run attract, it always runs the same attract mode. This mode doesn't have all the inputs lit. I'm thinking that I need to tweak the .lwa files. I'm not quite sure how to set them up yet. Any pointers on where to look.

Keep up the good work.

I'm thinking that I need to tweak the .lwa files. I'm not quite sure how to set them up yet. Any pointers on where to look.

ha ha

There is not such a thing ...................... yet!

You have to use NotePad :rolleyes:

I have the same issue with the MaLa Wiz Plug-in as it uses the same type of files

442much: Do you have single or RGB LED lit buttons?

Single.

I found some documentation on the .lwa files at the GGG website by downloading the Resident control, animation and keyboard LED emulation software. The software is marked as beta, and there isn't a lot of info on how to setup the files. I'll have to study it for a bit and see what I can figure out.