All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] LCD/LED Plugin 1.92

headkaze

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There has been talk about starting up a buttons.ini/colors.ini file that has all the real button colours for the CP's. The thing is, it's a big job, and I'm not sure if there is enough motivation to get it made. I even started writing software to help make the file. You can read more about it here. Certainly, if the file does get made, I will add support for it in the plugin.

After I change my leds over to 3 color would it be possible to have the bottons light up one color for the games and use all the colors for attract and audio modes?

Yes that's how it currently works.

How about a setting to chose the button color when you are in a game?

ourgrace

You set the colors for each button in the config. Or do you mean a setting for having different colors for each game? The latter is being worked on, once we have the colors for all the games in a file then this will be automatic. So you will select a game and the correct button colors for that game light up.

Yes set the colorfor each/all the buttons in the config,

There has been talk about starting up a buttons.ini/colors.ini file that has all the real button colours for the CP's. The thing is, it's a big job, and I'm not sure if there is enough motivation to get it made. I even started writing software to help make the file. You can read more about it here. Certainly, if the file does get made, I will add support for it in the plugin

I stated on this last night, If any one else is interested maybe we can split this up.

I stated on this last night, If any one else is interested maybe we can split this up.

Hi. I'd be interested in helping out (although i'm not sure what to do). Will not have the time to start this until next week though cos working the graveyard shift (8pm to 8am) this week.

Cheers,

iano.

Please don't start on it yet ourgrace!

I still have to finish off the software for creating the color file. The specification has not yet been finalised and I'm hoping to follow the spec designed by Howard (who works on the ControlDat project). Some things have changed already, and I've updated the software for creating the color file (but will not be posting it until it's finished).

It should be finished soon and I will either do it myself, or split it up so everyone can do a section each. Right now though, there is no point; for example were not using RGB values anymore but color names.

Sorry, hope you havn't wasted too much time on it. I'll let you know when it's time for creating it, thanks for the offer to help out. iano: same to you, appreciate the offer and may take you up on it soon.

LCD/LED Plugin 1.0 BETA Released

- Added colors.ini support to light up your RGB LED's to match real CP control colors. So far there are colors defined for 1210 ROMs!

ourgrace: Too late it's already done ;) I know you don't have RGB LED's to test this feature which is a bit of shame. But the feature is now in there :)

Headkaze, I thought of a possible attract mode that may be kind of interesting. I don't know how tough it would be to implement but I wanted to see what you thought. I'll try to explain it the best I can.

The frontend of course lights up the buttons used by the game. What if one of the attract modes was a sweeping motion from left to right and back left, lighting up all of the buttons on the control panel while going left to right, and then turning them off when going right to left but leaving the buttons used by the game on. Even better if it would take into account the colors.ini maybe try to sweep in a color matching fashion.

hehe popcorn I love your ideas, and believe it or not it's not a hard thing to do. But trust me when I say this, if you have RGB LED's and you see the attract modes, you wont give a shit about any of that. The attract modes (I'm hoping) should really make something pretty out of your LEDWiz hardware.

The practical issues of your idea lay mainly with the layout of the buttons. There is no way of knowing that unless I make the plugin let you draw your layout (could be a feature for the future ;)

Can someone check out Plasma attract mode and tell me if it's as cool looking as I hope it is...

Anyways, that's not to say I wont implement your idea!

LCD/LED Plugin 1.2 BETA

Latest features added

- Realtime color feedback while you configure your LED's (actually this has been working for a while, but I never mentioned it)

- Color mapping so you can map custom colors for color.ini

- Now LEDs lights up and flash leaving last LED lit with speak button actions feature

- Skip speak button actions feature with button (will not be available until next release of GameEx)

Oh yeah huge thanks to Tom for modifying the Plugin system to allow for the "skip speak button actions" feature! It will be available in the next release of GameEx which will be soon!

Oops, I forgot to put in the initialization code for some of the LCD's! Sorry :/

Uploaded a new version!

On a completely different note RandyT of www.GoodGameGear.com has donated a LEDWiz for my work on the plugin. So I have ordered 20 Electric Ice buttons and will be buying another LEDWiz off loadman from BYOAC to re-do my CP with RGB buttons. I'm looking forward to checking out my plugin in action :)

I will be documenting my whole CP makeover so stay tuned!

Do you have the Speech plugin enabled as well? If so can you try switching it off?

When you say all you get is an error when do you get the error exactly?

Good Call. The Speech plugin was enabled. I disabled it and now It kinda works.

I have mame .104 on this system w/a lot of roms. Which games should I use to test.

I currently am using street fighter as it uses 6 buttons.

It (streetfighter)will not light the leds when selected on the menu (shows on the BetaBrite tho :P )

After selecting the game it said the names but didn't light any leds. Then randomly picks some leds to light.

Right now it lit buttons 2,6 and 7

I'll be mounting the leds later today for some more testing. I'll post more then.

Well I guess not then...since it goes through USB. :)

I'm not sure how easy/difficult it is to communicate direcly to a USB device. Some USB devices have a Virtual COM driver that allows you to communicate to them using the standard COM serial interface. My mobile phone had a driver like that for it's USB cable.