All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Stupid question about Remote Control.

lamerjack

I'm pretty sure you don't need anything but the remote to use it. The Microsoft Media Center remote comes with a USB receiver and IR.Transmitter cable to connect to your cable box. Out of the box though, Windows should detect the remote and work right away.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, is a stupid question...

but...

To control game ex with media center remote control i need Windows media center...

or there is also a driver or a HAck for Windows XP Professional?

Best Regards.

Enrico.

As far as I can tell you really need Media Center to use the MCE remote properly with the normal drivers.

However you can get alternative drivers which allow you to customise every button on the remote for use with XP. Check out the following link to get your remote working on XP using a free program called HIP.

http://www.byremote.com.au/Hip/mce_remote_faq.htm

Its been working great for me with Digital TV, however I am having problems getting it to work with GameEX. So let me know if you get it working with GameEX!

Cheers,

Wookierama

Hi, is a stupid question...

but...

To control game ex with media center remote control i need Windows media center...

or there is also a driver or a HAck for Windows XP Professional?

Best Regards.

Enrico.

I use the MCE remote in windows xp sp2, All the buttons work fine and you dont need any other drivers