All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Windowed Mode.

lamerjack

Hi, my cab use a very low resolution.

I want to design my own theme on my primary pc that has a resolution of 1440x900.

I want to see on this pc the theme in low resolution using the windowed mode.

But when i launch game ex is alwais fullscreen.

Game ex7.08

Why?

Best regards

I want to design my own theme on my primary pc that has a resolution of 1440x900.

I want to see on this pc the theme in low resolution using the windowed mode.

But when i launch game ex is alwais fullscreen.

Game ex7.08

Why?

Best regards

REplyed by myself.

Not all themes are supported in windowed mode.

Seems that v2 only are supported. It Is correct?

This is correct yes. Yo can change the way GameEx launches in the Advanced config, third page. Select 'Fullscreen' or 'windowed mode' from the pull-down menu.

Version one themes can also be used in window mode too.

I think GameEx remembers whether it was in fullscreen or in a window when it closed last, which means if you close gameex when it is in a window, it should start in a window too...me thinks :)

Although, if your looking to make a low resolution theme, on a high-end pc, i'd run gameex in fullscreen at a low resolution, it will give you a better idea of how it will look in a cab.

Windowed modes aren't always that accurate for designing themes, as the image, text and icon placement can vary slightly, because the window isn't always at the right ratio.

Version one themes can also be used in window mode too.

I think GameEx remembers whether it was in fullscreen or in a window when it closed last, which means if you close gameex when it is in a window, it should start in a window too...me thinks :)

Although, if your looking to make a low resolution theme, on a high-end pc, i'd run gameex in fullscreen at a low resolution, it will give you a better idea of how it will look in a cab.

Windowed modes aren't always that accurate for designing themes, as the image, text and icon placement can vary slightly, because the window isn't always at the right ratio.

Yes is a good idea...

but my cabinet has a resolution of 480x640 (not rotaded so should work also in unregistered mode... or the cause of my issues is that i didnt yet registerd GameEx?)

p.s. i foud that if in Enabel/disable features i set Allow Windows Resize to NO game ex start alwais in full screen.

If is window mode i cannot resize to less than horizontal 640...

if i set in the theme a resolution lower than 640 tell me that some objects are outside. But there are no object outside!!