All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

MAME - No Games Found?

sman2626

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

I am trying to run Mame32 0.90u1 on GameEx 7.02 and each time I go to Mame in GameEx it says, "NO GAMES FOUND" I click the UPDATE LIST in the bottom righthand corner and it runs through its audit and then still comes back with "NO GAMES FOUND".

I have left eveything in their default locations (folders) in MAME and left the defaults for "Basic MAME Settings" in GAMEEX and placed MAME and ROMS and all other MAME folders in the exact path GAMEEX wants but still nothing. Roms have been left in the .zip format how the MAME application expects.

When I load up Mame32 outside of GameEx and audit the games, they appear and then I double click on them and they play fine.

Is there something I am forgetting.

Thanks for your help.

Shawn

I would double and triple check the paths. Check the command line. If they still don't show up after doing an update list, I'd try uninstalling GameEx and reinstall it. Then go through the standard configurator rather than the wizard. Don't type in any paths, click on the 'Browse' button and browse to their locations. Once thats all done, update the list again. If you still don't have anything, check your filters, and update again. Still nothing, report back and somebody else might have another idea for you.

Why are you telling people not to use the Wizard? If you browse your Mame path in the Wizard it automatically finds the most recent Mame exe and all the other paths for you. More than likely the default paths are not matching the actual paths or the name of the exe is wrong. But there is no benefit to using the standard configurator over the Wizard. In fact the Wizard is more intuitive in many ways.

Thanks guys.

I ended up trying MAME32 v105 instead of the .90u1 version and GameEx was forced to do a FULL AUDIT where it had to create the listinfo.dat and they magically appeared.

i dunno....just glad it's working.

Why are you telling people not to use the Wizard? If you browse your Mame path in the Wizard it automatically finds the most recent Mame exe and all the other paths for you. More than likely the default paths are not matching the actual paths or the name of the exe is wrong. But there is no benefit to using the standard configurator over the Wizard. In fact the Wizard is more intuitive in many ways.

I was merely suggesting to use the other tool if the Wizard wasn't working out for him. It was not my intent to make the Wizard appear less functional. I think the Wizard is great, and hope more users will use it.

As for sman2626, good job on figuring out the problem and getting it resolved.