All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Animated Company Logos

View File

These are an improved version of DMD style company logo animations (originally posted https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/24176-animated-system-logos-wheels) along with some neon type animations to cover other years / manufacturers.
Png files included are animated pngs.  Note that the previews are on a white background, these files look better where they are intended to be used, on the dark semi transparent Additional Detail area of PinballX.

Files included (ALT is used to indicate alternatives for the main version of a file, remove the ALT part to use it in PinballX);

DMD Style

Alvin G.gif
Bally (1991-).gif
Bally (1991-)ALT.gif                    * Alternative Bally animation, could be renamed and used for games listed as Midway
Barnstorm Games.gif                * Not a 'real' DMD animation. Improvised.
Capcom.gif
Data East (1991-).gif
Data East (1991-)ALT1.gif        * Alternative DE animation, rename to use
Data East (1991-)ALT2.gif        * Alternative DE animation, rename to use
Farsight Studios.gif                  * Not a 'real' DMD animation. Improvised.
Form Slingers.gif                      * Not a 'real' DMD animation. Improvised.
Gottlieb (1992-).gif
Gottlieb (1992-)ALT1.gif           * Alternative Gottlieb Premier animation, also used as as Premier
JP Salas.gif                                  * Not a 'real' DMD animation. Improvised.
Inder (1993-).gif                        * Not a 'real' DMD animation. Improvised.
Midway (1991-).gif                    * Not a 'real' DMD animation. Improvised.
Original.gif                                 * Not a 'real' DMD animation. Improvised.
Premier.gif                                * Duplicate of Gottlieb (1992-)ALT1.gif
Sega (1981-).gif
SegaALT1 (1981-).gif                 * Alternative Sega animation, rename to use
SegaALT2 (1981-).gif                 * Alternative Sega animation, rename to use
Spinball.gif
Spinball S.A.L..gif
Spooky Pinball.gif                     * Not a 'real' DMD animation. Improvised.
Stern (1999-2010).gif
Stern (2011-2016).gif
Technetium Games.gif            * based on ftp dmd video
Williams (1991-).gif
Williams (1991-)ALT.gif            * Alternative Williams animation, rename to use
Zen Studios.gif

Neon Effect (pre DMD)

Allied Leisure.apng
Astro Games.apng
Atari.apng
Automaticos.apng
AutomaticosALT.apng    * Talleres del Llobregat
Bally (-1990).apng
Bally Midway.apng
Bally Wulff.apng
Barni.apng
Bell Games.apng
Bensa.apng
Bill Port.apng
Chicago Coin.apng
Christian.apng      * Christian Automatic / Christian Tabart
CIC Play.apng
Cirsa.apng
Data East (-1990).apng
EMAGAR.apng
Epic Games.apng
Epic Pinball.apng
Europlay.apng
Game Plan.apng
Geiger.apng
Gottlieb (-1979).apng
Gottlieb (1980-1991).apng
Grand Products.apng
Hankin.apng
HankinALT.apng
I.D.I..apng
Iberomatic.apng
Iberomatic S.A..apng
IDSA.apng
Inder (-1985).apng
Inder (1986-1992).apng
Interflip.apng
Jac van Ham.apng
Jersey Jack Pinball.apng
Jeutel.apng
Joctronic.apng
Juegos Populares.apng
LTD.apng
MAC.apng
MAC S.A..apng
Maresa (-1975).apng
Maresa (1976-).apng
MARSA.apng
Midway (-1990).apng
Mylstar.apng
No Image.apng
No Image.png
Nuova Bell Games.apng
Petaco.apng
Peyper.png
Playmatic.apng
Rally (-1965)
Rally (1966-)
Recel.apng
Recreativos Franco.apng
Rowamet.apng
Sega (-1980).apng
Segasa.apng
SLEIC.apng
Sonic.apng
SonicALT.apng
Sport Matic.apng
Stargame.apng
Stern (-1980).apng
Stern (1981-1998).apng
Taito.apng
Taito do Brasil.apng
Tecnoplay.apng
Unidesa.apng
Universal de Desarrollos Electronicos.apng       *  same as Unidesa
Videodens.apng
Williams (-1990).apng
Zaccaria.apng

Other (matching display type of era / tables)

American Pinball.gif
Dutch Pinball.gif
Magic Pixel.apng
Malzbie Games.apng
Mr Game.gif
Pinball Fantasies.gif
Stern (2017-).apng
OrbitalPin.apng
OrbitalPinALT.gif

These files should be placed in your PinballX\Media\Company Logos folder. The files are named to display the animations only for years ranges in the brackets, but can be renamed to display for all years if that is preferred. 
As always with these things keep the ones you want, delete what you don't!.

To display the animations in PinballX make sure you're up to date and have Show Additional Detail enabled under General settings in Settings.exe.

If you display company logos as wheel overlay images (Settings.exe->Generel Settings->Wheel Overlay Images option) the gif images will not display correctly in the wheel. Copy a static png logo image with same file/company name as the gif back to the company logos folder (that file will be used for the overlay, with the gif displayed in Additional Detail area), or disable the wheel overlay option.

The animations need PinballX V4.84 or later to work. If the logo's aren't being used / picked up by PinballX please check your database table entry Manufacturer name, the company name should match the name of the file, if it doesn't change the name of file or update the manufacturer info for those table(s).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

Really nice @scutters !
Do you also have them not pixelated ?
Just the regular ones with a resolution of 128x32 (or a larger equivalent of it) ?
Thanks man !

Thanks mate

I have frames @ 128*32 for most of these, but they don't look very good used as company logos in the additional detail area - so i scaled to 512*128 with a new overlay and then resized to 512*160 to stop pinballx stretching them more horizontally when used in the front end. So these logo gifs are pretty much specifically only for use in additional detail area.  If you need source frames for another use i can send them over to you. I posted the some company logo images @128*32 a while back; https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/23059-company-logos-12832/

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is really fantastic.
Do you also plan to make Spanish manufacturers such as Inder, Juegos Populares, Maresa or Recreativos Franco y Sonic?
From other game makers like Barnstorm Games (Pro-Pinball), SlamIt Pinball (Big Score), Zen Studios (FX2 and FX3)?
I have those clean logos in .png, I can pass them to you since some will not find them.

Arcade Classics.png

Bally Midway.png

Barnstorm Games.png

GamePlan.png

Inder.png

JP Salas.png

Juegos Populares.png

Maresa.png

Mr.Game.png

Recreativos Franco.png

SlamIt Pinball.png

Sonic.png

Zen Studios.png

• Like 1

Por supuesto, todo el tiempo que necesites.
La verdad que los Pinball Españoles son poco conocidos, pero no ver el de Zen Studios si que me ha extrañado mucho.

I have forgotten some like Farsight Studios (Pinball Arcade) or Fromslingers (Pinball Wicked)

1 hour ago, scutters said:

@PcTeknic Thanks, glad you like them!

I concentrated on the mainstream companies to start with. I'll try to add more, but it might take a while as i've got a few things on at the moment (blame @Mike_da_Spike)

Blame the Dutch guy .. thats an easy one ... :P

• Haha 1

not sure if they are needed but i got the formslingers logo. not sure where i had gotten it think from their media site or website (edit no it was from here http://formslingers.com/ )

Farsight studios i also have but i guess you do to

Formslingers.thumb.png.c849d50cba923bb7772c95dd58566025.png227249045_FarsightStudios.thumb.png.df1d4b05d08a5a0ba4a4f5ab251d9f14.png

btw where do you display these componay logo's ? just instead of the normal company logo's ? isn't it like a bit overactive if they are animated not sure i've seen a video somewhere showing this in action

• Like 2

6 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

btw where do you display these componay logo's ? just instead of the normal company logo's ? isn't it like a bit overactive if they are animated not sure i've seen a video somewhere showing this in action

They just appear in the additional detail area of pinballx (with game rating, system name etc) if you have that set to do so. I tried to make most of them start on a 1st frame that is the main logo, and display that for a couple of seconds before the other frames to try to stop them being too busy. I don't have a video recorded, but you can always download them, try them and then delete if you don't like them. They'll probably be the only gif files in your company logos folder so easy enough to identify, and you don't need to delete png images before copying the gifs, pinballx will just use the gifs if found.

Updated to 1.3. As release note "Added more logos, Mylstar, Peyper, Form Slingers. Fixed ratios for Mr Game and Sonic to keep sizing same for all."

50 in the pack now so that's your lot for a while (i hope!)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to V1.5 (waiting approval)

As release note;

Too many companies added to list. Also corrected some names / years to match IPDB manufacturer data (e.g. 'Spinball.gif' is now 'Spinball S.A.L..gif')

*** Because of the corrections in file names,  i recommend deleting existing gif files in your Company Logos folder before copying the new versions across ***

Most companies that made made more than a couple of tables are now covered :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Logos look great, up in the top right corner
Where the animated system logo appears

But it also displays them at the top right of the wheel image, with a small non animated system logo on the top left of the wheel image

And the DMD style animated ones, like SEGA for example or JP Salas display funny there.
Like SEGA is zoomed in on the E and G, dont even see the full letter, and JP Salas, all you see is las blown up real big
Zaccaria does not even appear at all.

GqLkskj.png

See what it is doing to the SEGA logo here?
Can't be the images themselves as you can see they work in the top right
but they do not work where mirrored on the wheel

Funny thing is, the non animated ones, the neons, they appear on the wheel fine
Wonder if i can turn them off on the wheel, it is a bit redundant anyways

The difference in the wheel overlay for DMD style and neon is probably due to the format (dmd are gif, neon are apng). I guess PinballX just pulls the first frame out differently depending on type.

For the gifs if you have a static png with the same name in the company logos folder then pinballx should use that for the wheel overlay instead of a gif frame. But yes you can also turn them off in the wheel, in settings under general settings, wheel overlay images.

I did have a note about it on the download at one time, i seem to have deleted it along the way somewhere so i'll add it back.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

V2.2 posted.

Added;

AutomaticosALT.apng
Barni.apng
Bill Port.apng
CIC Play.apng
EMAGAR.apng
Epic Games.apng
Epic Pinball.apng
Interflip.apng