All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

DMD won't show up on Screen 3

al4carat

Hello, I'm hoping you can help me.  I am building a new virtual pinball cabinet, and have 3 screens.  My graphics card only handles two hdmi connections, so my third connection for the dmd is vga through the motherboard.  I have all three running with windows 10.  After I turn on the computer and run pinballx, pinball x does not recognize display 3.  Only after I unplug the vga cord, wait for windows to recognize that it is unplugged, I re-plug in the screen and pinballx will finally display to display 3.  In other words, I have to disconnect and reconnect my vga screen to view the dmd.  Otherwise it shows up on screen 2 behind the directb2s.  I have an i5-3470 with an AMD Radeon HD 7700.  Any help would be appreciated.

When you disable pinballx autostart at windows start, is your dmd display detected and if so is it immediately detected? If not immediatly but after some time try starting pinballx through a batch files which uses a delay before starting pinballx.exe from the batch file.

I would consider this to be a windows problem and not a pinballx problem as you have to physically detach your screen and reconnect it. So pinballx probably can't detect your dmd screen and there is nothing programmatically pinballx can do to fix this. Only thing i can think off is adding a delay to launching pinballx but that will only work if windows actually detects your dmd vga screen without disconnecting it.

Does your videocard have other connections for exampke dvi or displayport as for both exists adaptors to hdmi which might give you the option to use all 3 screens with your videocard and nothing onboard it might also fix the problem

Can you disable pinballx autostart, so windows only loads to desktop wait a minute and start pinballx manually does it still fail then? Or exit pinballx and start pinballx again

Also you mention b2s you are certain the problem is inside pinballx not showing your dmd video and not in visual pinball when actually launching a game? Just to be sure we know the problem is visual pinball or pinballx as there is a difference

Thanks  for the logfile. Is this before or after  you unplug the vga cable ?

Because the logfile shows that it is finding 3 screens.

If this is after, can you post a log file where the screen is not working in pbx, but working in windows ?

Still shows finding 3 screens, weird.

I'd be tempted in Settings.exe to try changing the DMD screen to the same screen as the backglass deliberately, but then adjust the DMD x and y positions to move it off the backglass to the dmd screen. Don't know how your screens are setup in windows but maybe x = 1950 (backglass width + your current offset of 30)?