All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball X question

Txplayer05

Hello, I have a question about pinball x. I was told that I can get an online subscription to pinball x online to be able to automatically download missing table files. Is this true? If so what do I need to do to signup, download, and use this service? Thank you. 

Hello, I paid for my subscription to game x online and set it up under Pinball X settings. When I try to use it under game manager I get a message that says to configure game x online in the settings application. Can someone help me with this issue? Thanks. 

If you check settings.exe, is the Gamex online correctly filled in ?

If you try PinballX Database Manager and you go to settings-> GameEx online Tab and fill in your userID and passwors, hit the test button.

Is that working ?

I think you already found it, but for others : subscription can. Ben get at :

https://www.gameex.info/forums/store/category/4-gameex-pinballx-and-spesoft-products/

Your now ablte to use FTP and download from it

https://www.gameex.info/forums/ftp/

Setup in settings your userid and password and you can use gameex features in PinballX and in gamemanager to download automaticly content.

Or use @scutters and @Mike_da_Spikealternative toll PinballX Database Manager to download content from the gamexonline servers

Hello, Looks like it is good in Pinball Database Manager in settings under GameEX Online. I was able to input my password and check it and it tested good. But unfortunately im still having this issue. Do you happen to have any other ideas? After thinking about it maybe this has something to do with my issue. So I bought a pinball machine with older versions of virtual software  installed on an older style hard drive. So what Im trying to do is install the newest updated software (visual pinball and PinballX) on a new ssd drive then just copy over the roms, tables, and scripts from the older style hard drive with the older software versions onto the newly installed software on the new ssd drive. Is there a better way to transfer the files over from an old hard drive to a new one and would this cause a problem with the issue im having? I wonder if somehow im also unknowingly copying over a file or files with the previous owners log on information that somehow keeps changing my GameEX Online password. My user name remains the same but my password does somehow change to an unknown one when I open up game manager and check the box online for import.   

A product like Acronis to clone followed by a in place upgrade on the new drive once completed?

By changing your password, do you mean it's actually altering what you input as your password, or is it just showing a longer character length with the place holders used to represent that a password has been entered?  If so, that's normal in GameEx, and is likely similar in PinballX.

Have you tried using the email address you registered with instead of your forum user name?

So my password is 15 characters long.  Once I enter my credentials in settings and open game manager I get the error message to setup GameEx Online first. So when I go back into settings and look under the GameEx Online tab I notice that the password is not 25 characters long instead of the 15 characters it should be. I do have Acronis that I can use but don't really want to clone the old software that the old drive has. I changed some hardware and would rather install the new software then copy over the tables, roms, and scripts.  So I uninstalled all pinball software and reinstalled it without copying over any information from the old drive and I'm still having the same issue trying to get Online For Import to work. I did try using my email address instead of my username but no dice. Still get the same error. 

7 hours ago, Txplayer05 said:

When you say an in place upgrade what exactly do you mean? The new drive already has windows installed and updated. All it really needs is the pinball software. 

In place upgrade means you download and install the latest PinballX over whatever is already installed.

6 hours ago, scutters said:

The additional characters in the password field in settings.exe is normal masking.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was trying to describe, just didn't do it as well :D

Txplayer05, in my situation, GameEx Online only logs me in when I use the full email address I registered with for the username.  Did you try that?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tthurman said:

Txplayer05, in my situation, GameEx Online only logs me in when I use the full email address I registered with for the username.  Did you try that?

he mentioned he tried it :

I did try using my email address instead of my username but no dice. Still get the same error. 

I still think that you didn't fill in your userid in Settings.exe (or what @scutters said, you didn't enable it)

Can you please post your pinballX log file and your settings.ini (as attachment, not as plain text)
Can you check your registry ?

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PinballX
Is there a key pass and a key ?

and where you able to download GameEx media via pinballX Database manager ? That has an option to download media too (per table, or per media type)