All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Nintendo Playstation fetches $360k

Draco1962

I didn't realize the partnership had progressed to the point of 200 prototypes having been made! And I find it a bit unlikely that Nintendo destroyed the other 199. I wouldn't be suprised if there is another "nearly lost to history" story in a few years where another one appears.

Here's a closer look at the thing. I'm used to looking at the internals of various models of the SNES after my repair thread, so I can tell you that main board is legit. It's essentially a 2-chip model, not the more desireable cost-down models with superior video quality. That means it was early enough in the SNES lifespan that may games might have been CD games. There's no doubt it's real. Pretty cool to see such a thing. I wonder if the MSU-1 CD audio hacks that you can do now and play on an Everdrive are a glimpse of what it would have been had Nintendo not cheated on SONY with Philips (Philips, you home wrecker!). 30 years later and we're finally getting CD quality sound on SNES, something that we should already have enjoyed back then...if only Nintendo could have kept it in their pants!

...lol. Actually I'm glad SNES was a single platform. I always thought the Sega 32x and CD were cash grabs that didn't add enough of an experiance to justify the  expense. The games didn't blow my socks off or anything. Nothing to make me say, "I gotta get that!"