All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Forums on lockdown

Tom Speirs

Until further notice, I am declaring the forums a zombie apocalypse safe zone.

Anyone mentioning or talking about the Zombie Apocalypse, Brexit, or for that matter Donald Trump too will be receiving a temporary ban until the Zombie Apocalypse is over and you have been tested to be zombie hormone free twice in twenty four hours.

On behalf of Ground Control.

Tom Speirs

PS: That also includes the royal family and the pope. Keep your mouth shut. Don't want to hear it. Even if you are a comedian.

PS 2: Retro gaming or pinball talk etc is still encouraged and welcomed.

PS 3: Also includes CEO's if I didn't ask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is this in the wake of the absurdity running rampant about the "coronovirus?"  I can't even give out sample cookies to little kids at work because they don't want to have me exposed to the potential.  They don't even have a confirmed case in my state, but yeah, we've been sold out of face masks and hand sanitizer for weeks.

• Like 1

I'm convinced more than ever that the level of "batshit crazy" has increased exponentially with the expansion of and dependence upon the Internet as our defacto source of information of the world around us.

I Just got back from Alaska and encountered the hysteria. No I did not get to see the aurora...had I been able to stay 1 day longer I would have. Dammit! As far as I was concerned things were fine, I checked out for a long weekend in the mountains and snow, just to return to set of Contagion (hopefully not as an extra). I should have stayed up there!

BTW @Tom Speirs, what do people think about when you tell them not to think about elephants? This is on you buddy!

Now sit back and enjoy a corona while witnessing the alpaca lips :cheers:

I miss the "good ol' days" when it was just the news. Local news lasted about a 1/2 hour, then the same for national news and seldom did the lines cross unless there was a national news story that involved our local military due to deployments or returns. Now, the local news reports national news and gossip news from other shows and sources, lasts 1.5 hours and repeats every 15-20 minutes what they said at the top of the hour.

Social media is enough to drive you mad if you let it. The memes are funny, but everyone is posting the same damned meme. The amount of misinformation that is regurgitated makes one feel like they are at the ass-end of "The Human Centipede" by the time you've seen it for the upteenth time.

My Facebook friends list is about 200 souls. About 1/4 are family, The rest are people I met over the years from high school and employment. Some really are friends. Most I lived without knowing anything about their lives nor did we actually do much in the same social circles other than high school. When I start to cull them from my list I will likely ask one question - Would they show up at my funeral or send my wife a condolence card? If the answer is No, then to the waste bin they will go. Rough estimate is that my list will be wittled down to the 50-75 range. I'm OK with that.

Now that DST has arrived, I am trying to do more outside activity. Part to lose some weight, part to get things long put off accomplished.

Have a good day!