All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] MAME Software Lists ROM Directories

SolidSnark

Hey all,

Could someone point me in the direction of how to setup GameEx Evolution to work with MAME software lists?  

My basic confusion at this point is how to handle ROM directories.  The systems offered by GameEx don't seem to line up with the MAME system names/directories.  For example GameEx has a number of variants for the Apple 2 hardware but MAME has the files listed by media type instead (apple2_cass, apple2_flop_clcracked, etc).  Is it possible to leave that various ROMS in their default (separate) directories rather than copying them all to a single directory and pointing GameEx at it?  Ideally I'd like to leave things where they are so it's easier to update later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

Also, as a side note, refreshing MAME profiles currently causes a null reference exception with MAME .218.  It creates two profiles and then fails with an error and has to be terminated through task manager.  I can't remember the exact system it fails on but it had "Pegasus" in the name.

I'm going to borrow a screen shot B2K24 shared of one of his SL configs.  It's dated, but should give  you an idea of the configuration for these systems.  I don't believe there is any reason you would have to alter your directories at all.

PCE.jpg

Thanks tthurman!  That got me on the right track.  

I ended up deleting and re-adding the profiles and that got me most of the way there.  I think I accidentally picked a MAME profile instead of a MAME_SL profile.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!  It's greatly appreciated.

• Thanks 1