All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] PinballX Database Manager 24.03.26.0(supports Touch Play as well)

Mike_da_Spike

If you download the program and you like it, please leave a review with 5 stars rate at the download page !

After 2 1/2 months of programming, @scutters and I are proud to present to you PinballX Database Manger
We created a program to manage your PinballX database files and your media files on a easy way.

The download can be found in the download section :

There is a manual attached in the setup as well.

Thanks for the testers @simbamame, @BrandonLaw, @greynurse and @joyrider3774
GreyNurse give us the idea, to get information populate data from Visual Pinball tables (Author,Version and Rom)
Very special thanks to Joyrider3774 who did a great job to find all kind of bugs during  Beta testing.

Thanks @Tom Speirs for letting us use PinballX logo's and for his approval to use FTP support. And off course for the great program PinballX he created with still a lot of support on it.
Also that Tom added our custom fields to be filters in PinbalLX (PBX version 4.54 or higher)

Thanks to Dux Retro who created a Google sheet with info for us that is used since version 1.9 !

Thanks to our translators @PcTeknic (Spanish), IJsblokje (German) and Rute O.(Portuguese)  for helping translate 600+ words/sentences 

And a big thank to @scutters.  Don't forget to mention him
Without him, this program wasn't what it is now. 

Enjoy !

Edited by Mike_da_Spike
version update 24.03.26
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

just read through the PDF @Mike_da_Spike i'm guessing the screenshots are based on your system ? if so can you tell me what you got as table audio with system files ? kinda wondering as i don't have any table audio anymore since pbx supports the system names in the speech plugin.

Also found this small hickup in the pdf at least i think it's a small hickup :)

image.png.7f6b554d121e8b41bb8de147f17ebfb4.png

I wasn't aware of certain things during testing like that settings dialog, so never tried it out before :)

Great work and congrats on the release

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

Also found this small hickup in the pdf at least i think it's a small hickup

Looks like my proof reading wasn't up to scratch! :lol:. Thanks for the help testing.

Can't speak for Mike's system table audio, but have you considered sounds of the arcades? https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36720

11 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

just read through the PDF @Mike_da_Spike i'm guessing the screenshots are based on your system ? if so can you tell me what you got as table audio with system files ? kinda wondering as i don't have any table audio anymore since pbx supports the system names in the speech plugin.

Lol .. Well . normally my sound is off in the cab, because only using the cab at ridiculous times.
The audio is just the table audio from Adams family table. So not really something for visual pinball x.

image.png.7f6b554d121e8b41bb8de147f17ebfb4.png

will be fixed in next release ( I blame @scutters, he should check my Denglish part everywhere :P just kidding) 

I wasn't aware of certain things during testing like that settings dialog, so never tried it out before :)

oh dear ... untested features ????  :P I think we are good with the settings one, but if you find something, please let us know !

Well, you're welcome! LOL!  I  have created so much between PinballX and GameEx systems over the years I humbled myself going back through memory lane 6+ years ago. These were actually some I lost due to a hard disk failure so good to be able to grab them..

This was my favorite - 

post-5872-0-46432700-1370727646_thumb.pn

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, GAH1068 said:

@Mike_da_Spike.     Great work, love the filter options 

Thanks @GAH1068 . I like that option too. Makes it so easy to update existing tables.

And don't forget @scuttersto thank too. Without him , I was not able to make this program. 

Updated version is at our beta testers. It has some bug fixses and supports online media download 

Hey all

@scutters and I updated the program with a feature that you will like Media download !
With the approval of @Tom Speirs to use the GameEx FTP server as source we added a 'GameEx online' media file download.
But that's not all....
Also you can add your favorite MEGA upload website in the config and use this to download as a source for your media download.

Big thanks go out for @scutters who did a hell of a job for this release (thanks mate !) and @joyrider3774 for testing the new features (and reporting back)
The manual is updated and added to the download file.

Note : The left and right mouse click function are swapped to make it more similar as it is used in windows.  
            So left mouse click on media is now media preview and right click .. wel you need to download to see it !
Have fun with it

• Like 3

Thanks @Mike_da_Spike , great job again!.

Rajo Joey has kindly given permission for us to post a link to his mega folders which can be used in the app for wheel downloads.

VP Wheels - https://mega.nz/#F!IFsxBbCD!04cfuNEJi5hwuYxL6CvQIg

FX3 Wheels - https://mega.nz/#F!IFsxBbCD!04cfuNEJi5hwuYxL6CvQIg!4Z8hRKiY

Other mega links exist, but please don't post them unless you own them or have permission. The most complete media set source is still the FTP site via subscription though.

EDIT -  There's a number of mega links on pincabpassion under the media section that can be used for direct download to pinballx via database manager.

https://www.pincabpassion.net/f29-medias-pinballx-hyperpin

You need to be a member to see links, so get signed up!

EDIT2 -  More mega links listed here

https://montetoncab.fr/les-medias-pincab/

To use a mega link in the app don't forget to navigate to the folder of media you want to use and copy that url (i.e don't use a parent folders url)

• Like 1

Although we tested version 1.1 a lot , made a lot of fixes, we discovered some bugs that gave unexpected behavior after the release.
Mostly had to do with filtering tables. 
But. @scutters and I worked all night to update a stable version and put it in the download section. 
Version 1.2 is released

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are some bingo game room megalinks you guys can use for the app, i will update these mega locations as well when i finish new tables, currently have 49 done

Backglass images: https://mega.nz/#F!Igo2wKxS!xJwZ4OUa9zgrS4ODBeLsbA
Table Images: https://mega.nz/#F!h4onED6C!TXI7ERx_4tbjvbiRPOlqNg
Topper Videos (created using mike's tool): https://mega.nz/#F!Vtp23S4A!fgbL65CKZkrttewW82pYwg
Wheel images (Docklet Style): https://mega.nz/#F!R8g3HbpZ!2UlnXE5K5zxIq1rIA0A54Q
Wheel images (logos): https://mega.nz/#F!pphmBKpC!BuHC4smAEAeOQhvgxCOO3A

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Hi Guys - Would you mind putting these media files up on the PinballX FTP as well?

All my things are available in my directory on the ftp in the other section of pinballx as well. I think but not certain some are also availble on standard section, could be someone copied those once but they might not be up to date as i had created some new wheels recently but it's ongoing, have done 49 of 73 wheelz currently

Thanks! I see many mega links that disappear in various other forums and it is a shame to lose contributions when the creator leaves the hobby. 

I appreciate all that you do for our community!

I copy your work from your personal ftp to the pinballx dir, to have it available in gamemanager/database manager. But don't check it often to sync it. If I have time this week, I will sync it, so it is easier for others to download it

9 hours ago, Mike_da_Spike said:

I copy your work from your personal ftp to the pinballx dir, to have it available in gamemanager/database manager. But don't check it often to sync it. If I have time this week, I will sync it, so it is easier for others to download it

be sure to overwrite the BGR topper video's, as i redid them all same for pinball fx3, zaccaria etc. zaccaria logo wheels (not the docklet ones) i added retro and year labels :) although for those versions i think we need to rename them to alt or add a logo tag as i don't think game manager will search in subdirectories, i think it's possible using a batch file to append logo at the end but not sure on ftp. i also updated the bingo game room megalink with the new topper video's  

Should i create a mega version as well from zaccaria so they can be used in your app? the problem is i did not create all the logo's i used before adding the labels, some where made by @Draco1962, one other person i can't remember and some by me (well extracted from backglass) i only extracted the logo's initially from docklet wheel again and now added those extra labels. The bingo game room ones i did create all by myselve so thats why i had created those mega links already to be used with the app

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, halen said:

Thanks guys!!! 

A question:    is it possible to compare xml PBX file with IPDB? 

I was wondering if there is a table name, manufacturer or date that is wrong when comparing with IPDB

Good suggestion @halen,

It is on our wish list. 
The difficult part is : How do you know if the table name is correct ?
Missing or wrong information i snot a big deal.