All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Google voice?

Tom Speirs

3 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Nice one buddy :)

The one API call per second is really just for safety. Its not really required at this point. Is it a problem?

not for me, it was only a bit of a problem when testing out the sensors as home assistant on startup queries all rest webservices after each other but aftwards respects the scaninterval so when testing i sometimes did not get data and had to wait for the scan interval for refreshing the sensor. The data i'm getting hardly changes so it's no problem and my home assistant runs 24/7 

i did notice one thing but i'm not certain about it, is the time reported by last online correct ? the date seems correct but the time seems off compared to when i last ran pinballx on my system, it could be a timezone thing but not certain (or maybe it only logs when the connection to gameex online happened, that might explain it perhaps)

• 2 weeks later...

@Tom Speirs I have added the google voice commands as instructed in video for Pinball X to Launch a table and change the volume via Ifttt. Are their any more google voice commands i can use to control Pinball X or my Cabinet Pc? Using the API page settings on my gamex online account page?

Thx Joe

The api page clearly states the following execute commands so you can easily add those by modifying the command (c=) and parameter options (p= / p2=) in the url

https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[user]&s=[password]&c=[command]&p=[parameter]&p2=[parameter2]

Execute commands (every [XXX] is a parameter so for the 1st one you use p= and for the 2nd one p2=). 

exitgame
exitapp
shutdown
volume [0-100]
launch [Game name]
launch [Game name] [System name]
launch [Game name] on the "System name"
randomgame
randomgame [System name]

So you can still add a launch random game for all systems or random game for specific system or shutdown / exitapp / exitgame where i think shutdown will shutdown your cabinet exitapp will exit pinballx and exitgame will close the running table / emulator although i have not verified this

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 3:38 AM, joyrider3774 said:

The api page clearly states the following execute commands so you can easily add those by modifying the command (c=) and parameter options (p= / p2=) in the url

https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[user]&s=[password]&c=[command]&p=[parameter]&p2=[parameter2]

Execute commands (every [XXX] is a parameter so for the 1st one you use p= and for the 2nd one p2=). 

exitgame
exitapp
shutdown
volume [0-100]
launch [Game name]
launch [Game name] [System name]
launch [Game name] on the "System name"
randomgame
randomgame [System name]

So you can still add a launch random game for all systems or random game for specific system or shutdown / exitapp / exitgame where i think shutdown will shutdown your cabinet exitapp will exit pinballx and exitgame will close the running table / emulator although i have not verified this

So do I add these commands in IFTTT to run through google home as I did with the Launch table and Volume control seen in the instructional video?

20 minutes ago, Spitfire said:

So do I add these commands in IFTTT to run through google home as I did with the Launch table and Volume control seen in the instructional video?

you have to create ifttt triggers yes.  for the ones with parameters you need to supply a textfield so for example the textfield is the system name you have to tell it to play a random game on that system (matching your system names)

https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[PUTYOURUSERHEREFROMAPIPAGE]&s=[PUTYOURPASSWORDHEREFROMAPIPAGE]&c=randomgame&p={{TextField}}

or use a fixed sentence you choose in ifft without parameters to launch a random game from all systems
https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[PUTYOURUSERHEREFROMAPIPAGE]&s=[PUTYOURPASSWORDHEREFROMAPIPAGE]&c=randomgame 

the other commands are the same way you have to provide a fixed sentence or word in IFFFT without parameters 
https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[PUTYOURUSERHEREFROMAPIPAGE]&s=[PUTYOURPASSWORDHEREFROMAPIPAGE]&c=exitgame

you also need to replace [PUTYOURUSERHEREFROMAPIPAGE] and [PUTYOURPASSWORDHEREFROMAPIPAGE] with your own password and user (which is given on the api page) and don't post any links or screenshots on forums containing those or people can get nasty and randomly reboot your pc using the api page (shutdown command)

Don't know how this works in ifftt don't use google voice, but i'm guessing you can easily specify a fixed sentence or a sentence containing a variable textfield.

• Thanks 1