All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Google voice?

Tom Speirs

You know,  'hey google' on phone etc? Maybe your a iPhone guy!? With what I released yesterday?

No need for microphone, works with any android phone etc. Its a cloud thing. No special software or hardware required.

I guess folks just didn't understand what it was and what I did. The video shows how to set it up. Then just on any android device logged in to your google account - Hey google launch game etc.

The API has other uses too but that seems look a good example.

Popper had the feature first in terms of Google voice but I believe the API thing is a first.

• Like 1

I'm definitely a Android guy. I'm not allowed to use an Iphone (from my wife) :) 
Ah ! Didn't see the release notes. I thought we had Google assistant integration on the Cabinet (in PBX)
"Hey google, start PBX for system VPX table AC/DC" , Not sure if I should like it, but definitely is fast.
I will check it later this week ! 

I just tested it. 
pretty fun. Exit game worked after the 3th time. It recognized the comment, but gave me results of "exit game" or "quit game" :P 
If I perform "launch" a table, is that only for the specific system, or is that for all systems ?
It looks fun. My kids and grandkids will come over today for a birthday party, but I will definitely show this !

EDIT : I see the examples for system and tables. Sorry (A real ICT person never read a manual :P). Will check that too !

Just a question @Tom Speirs:

If I want to use 

launch [Game name] on the "System name"

What will be the correct  command ?

launch&p={{TextField}}&p2=Visual Pinball

This won't work for me (returns false in the browser)

EDIT :

Command Exit Game doesn't close a table (emulator). is this only for Gameex and Gamex arcade ?
also return false in the broweser

The Shutdown computer works !

4 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

All working fine for me buddy. Not sure.

In the browser though you would not use that command like that. {{TextField}} would be for icttt.

So:

launch&p=kiss&p2=Visual Pinball

Yes, I get that. But still gave me false. Must be me

EDIT : just give it another tty on the browser and returns true back... 
Sorry buddy. Must have made a typo somewhere
I think I like this function !

• Like 1

That is pretty damn cool and probably just a good pincab demonstration video from catching on with a much larger audience.  For huge table collections it would have to be better than any wheel could ever be, well assuming you can remember all the tables you have:lol:

will the api keep on expanding ? Like would it be able to read total tables per system / total systems / system names like it returning json and not just execute commands ?.

I already run home assistant and i have a dedictated tablet mounted on the wall where i display all kinds of info on it. I could probably let it display some pinball x stats then if it was to return some json info. And perhaps if you let it export complete game list to json people can use "if this then that" with it for other uses as well (like exporting to xls or csv) based on the data available on gameex online 

10 hours ago, joyrider3774 said:

will the api keep on expanding ? Like would it be able to read total tables per system / total systems / system names like it returning json and not just execute commands ?.

I already run home assistant and i have a dedictated tablet mounted on the wall where i display all kinds of info on it. I could probably let it display some pinball x stats then if it was to return some json info. And perhaps if you let it export complete game list to json people can use "if this then that" with it for other uses as well (like exporting to xls or csv) based on the data available on gameex online 

Done.

• Thanks 2

Okay got it working. I let it update about every 2 hours.
image.thumb.png.5bc18d794093c31c8ea002be6607dfa9.png

In case anyone wants the home assistant sensor code. You have to change m=PINBALLCAB to your computer name. I had data in gameexonline from my main pc also but only want to display info from my cabinet. [apiuser] and [apipassword] you also have to change but it's obvious. and for the system total counts you have to change it to match your system names in the for loop. Also if you start up home assistant it will try to get an initial state for all sensors fast (faster than 1 api call per second) once and fails but after the scan_interval seconds has passed the values get updated. So if you are setting this up change the scan interval to 500 510 520 etc so it updates in about 5-6 mins when your testing afterwards set back the scan intervals as these data don't change much no need to poll it like every 30 seconds. I also put 10 seconds extra with each call so i don't hit the 1 api call per second interval. I did not find a way to do one rest call for same data and reuse that same data but have not tried much. Am happy with how it works now :)

- platform: rest
    resource: https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[apiuser]&s=[apipassword]&c=getsystems&m=PINBALLCAB&f=json
    name: pinballx_nr_of_systems
    value_template: "{{ value_json.data | count }}"
    unit_of_measurement: ""
    scan_interval: 6300
    resource: https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[apiuser]&s=[apipassword]&c=getlastplayed&m=PINBALLCAB&f=json
    name: Pinballx_lastplayed
    value_template: "{{ value_json.data[0].Name + ' (' + value_json.data[0].System + ')' }}"
    scan_interval: 6310
    resource: https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[apiuser]&s=[apipassword]&c=getstatus&m=PINBALLCAB&f=json
    name: Pinballx_Last_online
    value_template: "{{ value_json.data[0].LastActive }}"
    scan_interval: 6320  
    resource:  https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[apiuser]&s=[apipassword]&c=getsystems&m=PINBALLCAB&f=json
    name: Pinballx_Total_Tables 
    value_template: "{{ value_json.data|map(attribute='NumberOfGames')|map('int')|sum }}"
    scan_interval: 6330 
    resource: https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[apiuser]&s=[apipassword]&c=getsystems&m=PINBALLCAB&f=json
    name: Pinballx_Visual_pinball_X_Count
    value_template: "{% for system in value_json.data %}{% if system.System == 'Visual Pinball X' %}{{system.NumberOfGames}}{% endif %}{% endfor %}"
    scan_interval: 6340  
    name: Pinballx_Visual_pinball_Count
    value_template: "{% for system in value_json.data %}{% if system.System == 'Visual Pinball' %}{{system.NumberOfGames}}{% endif %}{% endfor %}"
    scan_interval: 6350    
    name: Pinballx_Pinball_FX3_Count
    value_template: "{% for system in value_json.data %}{% if system.System == 'Pinball FX3' %}{{system.NumberOfGames}}{% endif %}{% endfor %}"
    scan_interval: 6360
    resource: https://online.gameex.com/api.aspx?u=[apiuser]&s=[apipassword]&c=getmostplayed&m=PINBALLCAB&f=json
    name: Pinballx_mostplayed
    value_template: "{{ value_json.data[0].Name + ' (' + value_json.data[0].System + ') (' + value_json.data[0].TimesPlayed + ')'  }}"
    scan_interval: 6370