All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

My first setup of vpx, but table wont launch , what have i missed?

andreaslindgren

If you start with  virtual pinball and a front end, you need first understand the basics.

First start with an emulator and get this to work. If you understand how the emulator can launch a table from the command prompt, you can implement in to a front end like pinballx

Virtual pinball is (sorry to say) for noobs very difficult. First setup all correctly. Set playfield  correctly, make vpinmame work correctly, install and configure b2sserver, maybe install DOF

One of  the tutorials I used to understand visual pinball was https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=1

This is a bit outdated, but maybe you understand how it works.

If you just want to start with knowing how PinballX can work as a frontend, use Zen Pinball FX3 from steam. Setup is easy. Cabinet mode is free (within 2 days you get a cabinet code) and thought there is a free table (rest are all dlc packages)