All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] GameEx Arcade Edition 16.10 - Game missing

Torkyo

Hi there.

First of all thanks for this piece of software, it is very nice and powerful front end.

It works perfectly in practically speaking any aspect apart a small but important issue I noticed :

Using Groovymame or mame (0.217 and previous versions) I cannot find the game Mazinger in any available list.

I'm sure I got the right files in the right places. If I try to run Mazinger directly from mame or groovymame, the  game is correctly loaded.

The strange thing is that Mazinger isn't even recognised in the search tool of the front end. The game is not detected even in not working games. in the front end Mazinger simply doesn't exist. I tried also using the jap name but no way.

So far this is the only game I got this issue.

Before to write here I tried all the way I knew to figure out to solve the problem, installing the front end on a new PC starting from a blank configuration to avoid possible problems.

I tried also with different version of GameEx. the problem is present also in GameEx standard, last release and also an older version of GameEx standard. I tried also older version and builds of mame without any success.

Hope you can help me to find a way to force the front end to see Mazinger in the game list.

thanks

GameEx.ini log.txt

There are no entries for DoNotFilterROMS= in your gameex.ini. Can you try adding the ROM name(s) for Mazinger manually in the gameex.ini and update list afterwards? We may need to see the updated log.txt file afterwards as well. 

Hello, thanks for the answer.

yes I did. I updated the list

I’m sure about the name.

To be precise my GameEx.ini reports:

DoNotFilterRoms=mazinger; mazinger.zip

I used both (with and without the extension) to be sure but I tried also both the single ways (only mazinger.zip or mazinger).

updating the list.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you ever fix/find a solution to the issue?  I am having a similar issue with the following roms:  jak_disf;jak_dpr;jak_dprs;jak_disn.  I am able to play the games using Mame64, but I cant get them to show in GameEx.

Looking at your question, I went to look for Mazinger as well.  In Mame, I have Mazinger Z but not in GameEx.  Am I missing a setting?

Thanks.

-Berg

GameEx.ini log.txt