All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

lost game videos?

helpman

Hi! it's been a long time :)

I had my cabinet without internet access for some time (almost 2 years, ok :) )

Now I re-enabled it, gameex wanted to update, and now my theme acts weird...

all systems had videos, all games had videos...

now mame shows the system video, others just the image logo, and when I browse the games I can see something happens as the video window shows a gray traslucent shadow and I can hear the video, but no video is displayed.

did the video format change or something?

my current theme is based on my old one helpman's arcade classics, just different backgrounds to suit my arcade colors :)

I opened my theme on the theme editor and the video frame is on the same spot for game videos and for system videos, so I have no idea about what's going on

Edited by helpman
added video

If you don't have it installed, you will want to download and install LAV filters.  Following is per the PinballX product site but generally applies to GameEx as well:

LAV Filters are the recommended solution to support video playback and you can download a version here. If you are still using Windows XP download FFDSHOW here.

You will want to uninstall any other codec packs previously installed (Shark007, CCCP, etc.) before installing.

11 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

If you don't have it installed, you will want to download and install LAV filters.  Following is per the PinballX product site but generally applies to GameEx as well:

LAV Filters are the recommended solution to support video playback and you can download a version here. If you are still using Windows XP download FFDSHOW here.

You will want to uninstall any other codec packs previously installed (Shark007, CCCP, etc.) before installing.

Just before updating plex they were working fine, and as you can see in the video, system videos (at least mame) seems to work fine. I already had lav filters installed, it just happened with this last update.
I checked videos are still there (they should as you can still hear them playing) it's just they won't show on the window frame I have. Just the mame one, nothing else.
It's weird :?

Did they change something? location, codec, whatever? I got mine from emumovies :?

ok, so I noticed PACMAN had video too...

somehow when it was updated, the paths changed.

I had videos on G:\resources\mame\videos (and most other media on subfolders from G:\resources).

After the update, the path seems to point to g:\gameex\media\downloaded_artwork\mame\video

I'll check the setup and try to fix all this ;D I'll reply if I manage to fix everything :)

weird, on setupwizard, all paths are fine...

I added the log, where it shows it should be loading them from my old folder, and screenshots of the downloaded media folder (only those games have videos) and my old video folder (where all the videos are still there).

weirdest thing is that you can't see the videos on the gameex interface BUT you hear them! I'm puzzled...

gameexsetupwizard.jpg

log.txt

downloadedvideo.jpg

resources.jpg

Edited by helpman
adding screenshots and log

8 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Sorry should clarify that the latest version via auto update is not the latest version. There were platform updates and the latest version is only available from the site here. Just download and run the installer. It will upgrade.

I'll try right now, thanks Tom!

Updated, and same problem. I can hear the videos, but they are not displayed. Only those on the download art folder.

I just tried to copy some videos from my resources folder into the downloaded artwork one, just in case.

it doesn't work. I can still HEAR them, but no image displayed.

EDITED: I tried using other themes, just in case there was something bad with mine... they all show black videos while you can still hear them playing.

EDITED2: I'm syncing with the emumovies sync app to another folder, and check if they show up properly with new scraped files... it'll take some time...

log.txt

I just changed the video path to the new folder where I downloaded the videos, and gameex crashes now??

11:34:29.23  01/02/2020:  Loading Custom Emulators
11:34:29.23  01/02/2020:  Loading Emulator 1: Nintendo NES
11:34:29.29  01/02/2020:  --**--
11:34:29.29  01/02/2020:  Error: Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto.
11:34:29.30  01/02/2020:     en bd.b(String A_0, String A_1)
11:34:29.30  01/02/2020:     en GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.dz()
11:34:29.30  01/02/2020:     en GameEx.GameEx.MainForm.a(Boolean A_0, String A_1, Boolean A_2)
11:34:29.30  01/02/2020:     en GameEx.GameEx.MainForm..ctor()
11:34:29.31  01/02/2020:  Closing database connection
11:34:29.32  01/02/2020:  Disposing Plugins
11:34:29.32  01/02/2020:  GameEx is exiting with errors
11:34:29.32  01/02/2020:  Deleting search cache
11:34:30.14  01/02/2020:  ERRORS DETECTED: EXITING
11:34:30.38  01/02/2020:  Bye

Besides that, I disabled my other emulators, leaving only mame, the frontend loads ok and the videos are displayed. there's no difference with the old ones, but these ones are working :?