All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Atari-licensed hotel coming to cities across the country

tthurman

5 hours ago, tthurman said:

Rumor has it that grand opening has been delayed until 2055 :lol:

Ya had to go there.. LOL! I read that they are promoting use of the name only and will not be directly owning/managing the properties. But there again, that too may be a lie.

To: EVERYONE

Subject: Beware of Scam Emails

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have received numerous reports of an email scam being sent around the company. If you see an email similar to that quoted below, please delete it from your inbox and DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS. Always remember that you can hover over a link to see where it actually redirects to.

So GUYS!

I HAVE A HUGE OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!!!

SERIOUSLY! YOU WON'T BELIEVE HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO BE GIVEN THE CHANCE TO GET IN ON THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 WORDS, "ATARI HOTEL"

Please visit https://atarihotels.com/ to learn how you can seize this chance to change your life!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just more shady business tactics further bastardizing the ATARI name.

Atari Hotels?

This week the internet erupted with…confusion, over an announcement that a group has licensed the rights from the current owners of Atari (known as Atari SA) to develop Atari themed hotels. Reader Michael L. did a bit of research on this, finding that the company that has registered the domain name for AtariHotels.com is located in a nice house in Arizona, but not exactly an office building. I don’t know – everything Atari SA has done in recent memory seems to be with the sole aim of inflating their value in the hopes of finding a buyer of the brand and remaining IP. It’s not run by people with a real vision for tech & entertainment, it’s just about slapping the Atari name onto something and milking whatever quick bucks they can get for it. So, I can’t say I find this all that exciting by what’s been revealed so far.

Last entry of Newsbytes 2-2-2020

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 2:10 PM, Draco1962 said:

I'd rather stay at a Nintendo hotel. Can you imagine it with DK at the top lobbing barrels down at the cabana?

Are you listening Nintendo? You need to get on that ASAP. Put it in vegas with the DK ride off the top, winding down the side, and through the jungle themed sections. Go all out and build a theme park like Disney did. Why shouldn't there be a Nintendo Land? The world need's a Nintendo Land!