All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

VPX setup in pinballx

Randy823

Hi again

here is a problem trying to set up pinballx to run VPX tables

Im running visual pinball VP995 which loads up perfectly

But trying to set up VPX using other systems area within pinballx

While selecting the VPX table it does not load up the visual Pinball 10 table

but VP995 trys to load it.

Can someone explain the proper set up in PinballX.

thanks In advance

I seperate the vp9 and the vpx tables to make subdirs in the visualpinball\tables directory.

In pbx I used the visual pinball system to load the vpx tables and made a system to load vp9 tables. Although I only have 8 vp9 tables. 

If you need screenshots ler me know

6 hours ago, Randy823 said:

Where is the vpx database xml files

Look in Pinballx\databases\Visual Pinball X\ folder

Post that file when you get chance, and also update to the latest version of PinballX (3.56 is quite old now)

Yes I see PinballX updated version to version 4.

Question: As you see i am running version 3.56.

If i update to the newer version will all my pinball x settings stay the same as

the older version. Just wanted to make sure as I have spent many hours on setup.

thanks

Please look at the Other system setting and the vpx.xml file

After checking to see if it would load up the VP10 game, it did load properely the game.

However the Vp995 games all load up properely with sound, but I am getting No Sound on

VP10 games.....I have checked sound settings which are the same as VP995.

I think I am getting closer to figuring out theses problems and I do really appreciate

the help from all users here.....a big thanks to everyone.  Randy823

Other System Setting.png

VPX.xml

do you have audio if you play a video on youtube or pfx3 ? (to exclude general problem)

When visual pinball x is running (when not running pinballx so double click a vpx file) did you check the volume mixer inside windows (right click sound icon and select mixer) to see if volumes are up / not muted.

You have tried selecting all options here (that seem logical) in vpx (not pbx) setup and checked if sound did not by any chanse start playing (restart vpx each time you change a setting)

image.png.0d43228521043602ef12219b22230702.png

if a table uses a rom from vpinmame you can press F1 and the see if sound checkbox is enabled
image.png.81d795b5f7cd0e5d7c56d21ead087897.png
but not al tables use roms i think well not 100% sure about that have not verified.

Some tables require to open the coin door (virtually not physically on your cabinet) and using volume buttons to increase sound but you should be hearing a low (music) volume at first then (williams tables usually require this). Also make sure you have the rom in the vpinmame roms folder if the table needs one