All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Multipage / file instruction cards ? how to display next file

joyrider3774

Hey,

Up until now i only ever had one page of instructions but i found on the pinball ftp instruction cards for time shock pro pinball which consists of multiple files as there are multiple pages.

I have tried naming my files like this:

• TimeShock.swf
  • TimeShock1.swf
  • TimeShock2.swf

and even

• TimeShock.swf
  • TimeShock_1.swf
  • TimeShock_2.swf

according to this topic, the 1st set of filenaming should be the way to go

But i can not for the life of me figure out how to get it to display the next pages on the backglass it always only shows the 1ste page. Which button entry should be pressed to view the next page ? (i tried left / right / page left / page right, but they seem to control the wheels, i also tried pressing instructions keybinding multiple times to no avail).

is this still working if so how as i can not figure it out thanks

@Tom Speirs just tried 4.07 multipage instructions are working (thanks for this) however it seems to have introduced a small new problem / bug. 

it seems we can press the start / play key to hide instructions and see the backglass again however if have a table with only one instruction file (not sure if it happens with multipage also i do not have a list yet where i have multiple tables where one has a multipage instructions) and we do not do press the play button first to hide the instruction and we press PAGE LEFT / PAGE RIGHT (nudge) key to skip to next table (by skipping letters which seems to work) it will hide the intructions and goto next table in alphabet but if we press left / right (flipper )key after that moment to skip to next table it will either display the instructions again (for current table) and if there are no instruction for current table pressing left / right (flipper) key does nothing. Only when pressing the play key first to hide the instructions the left / right (flipper) keys work normally again

edit: maybe it should do the same as with flyers ? like disable PAGE LEFT / PAGE RIGHT key and use LEFT / RIGHT key to skip to prev / next page until instructions are hidden (by play key again) so only enable page LEFT / RIGHT key and do not allow PAGE RIGHT / PAGE LEFT if instructions are shown to skip tables in alphabet as it seems to introduce problems

edit2: single page or multipage instruction makes no difference the problem described happens in both situations (seems to me page right / page left (nudge) buttons just seems to be disabled while displaying instructions (until instructions are hidden again) that would solve the problem

for anyone interested pfx2 / pfx3 multipage instructions cards seem to be located here /-PinballX-/Media/Instruction Cards/#open6l and here /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Andyco/Pinball FX2/animated instruction cards

pro pinball here /-PinballX-/Media/Instruction Cards/Pro Pinball Timeshock!