All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTN TOM] GameEx Arcade Edition Favorites Issue

Joshm

I've been wrestling with this one all day.  Running GameEx Arcade edition and using video themes for games.  This generally works fine - e.g., if no video theme for a game it reverts to a generic video of the popular games for the console as a background.  Works perfect, except when that game is added to "favorites".   When I go to the favorites wheel, if a console game does not have a video theme it just shows the blue screen with scrolling logo.  This is true of every console game (NES,SNES, etc.) but still works fine for MAME/Arcade.  To clarify, it is while scrolling through the favorites wheel...when I actually select the game from favorites the correct background loads.  I've removed the game from favorites and re-added, etc. and it won't work.  Any clue why the logic (if no video theme default to console video) works fine in the console section/wheel, but doesn't work when it's in the favorite section wheel?  Thanks

• Draco1962 changed the title to [ATTN TOM] GameEx Arcade Edition Favorites Issue

@Joshm - The logic is likely due to the fact that Favorites are not integrated MAME specific but are favorites for all emulators. It works within the integrated MAME, DAPHNE or emulator's defined Video Theme path when you go into each. 

@Tom Speirs - This is similar to the issue I reported here:

I confirmed by adding 18 Wheeler to my Favorites and it does the logo diagonal scrolling and defaults to the main menu background snap or video. All other Favorites work just fine.

I think it would look better without the diagonal scrolling of logos or text. Two possible paths to take to resolve the background video theme per favorite without its own video theme available:

- (Preferred) GameEx Arcade hard-coded to play the Video Theme for the emulator of origin for the game file taged as a Favorite (i.e. MAME, Daphne, SNES, etc.).

- Add to the Enable/Disable Features to Enable Favorites Video Theme  with a Favorites Video Theme video path to point to a video background of the end-user's choice