All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX crashes while loading Pinball Arcade

tguellich

I have spent the last week setting up Pinball FX3 and it is now exactly the way I want it. So I moved onto Pinball Arcade last night. I cannot get it to load any tables. It opens when I select a table, then sits at press enter for a bit, then PinballX closes out completely. It happens on every table in Pinball Arcade. I can launch and run versions 9 and 11 with no issue when not using the PinballX frontend. I am building a 2 screen setup, 32" TV playfield and 17" backglass monitor connected to a laptop. I am running the newest version of PinballX as I just got into this journey about a week ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Best way is to use Freecammod for table selection by OneEx

http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/10199-DOWNLOAD-Pinball-Arcade-Free-Camera-Mod

Set this up as a new system (so not the inbuild pinball arcade )

Monitor on the exe of tpa itself (not the freecammod.exe)

@Mike_da_Spike are you using latest freecam mod and latest tpa from steam? If so does the dmd still work with you as mine and halen's stays black while cameras and table selection still works. Just wondering if you got the same problem.

Freecam mod is definatly the way to go but could be dmd does not work a few of us have that problem. It's also not as easy to setup as pinball fx3 no table launching support without freecammod and no free cabinet support it costs 150 us dollar to get the support but its not worth it anymore. Pfx3 will get more tables eventually and is superior when it comes to physics. Freecam mod can give you cabinet support but you need the cam files or setup the camera's using freecam mod yourselve

I use a dummy 3rd screen, where I put the dmd on. With dndext I mirror that one to my realDmd. I didnt like that the dmd didn't show anything in attract mode. Its not ideal, but like it this way.

And totally agree with @joyrider3774. My recommendation would be: Skip pinball arcade and use vpx or zenfx3 (not sure if it was still on winter sale, but good price on steam last month)