All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Anyone use the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One and Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder?

Draco1962

I recently purchased the  Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas One $78.99 and have a Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder $89.99 on the way after reading the reviews.

Both are PC and Xbox One compatible. I recently bought Ace Combat 7  and Elite Dangerous for the Xbox One and also have several Microsoft Flight Simulator versions installed on my PC.

I have yet to fireup the flight sims on tbe PC. I can say that there is a bit of a learning curve on thr Xbox One if you are used to a single stick or gamepad using the Hotas One. I decided to buy the pedals as I tend to apply too much rudder and rolling with both on the same stick resulting in frequent collisions or crashes.

For the price, the Hotas One seems a fairly solid choice for regular or occasional use.

joystickhotasone-fb-4-1000.jpg

tfrp-rudder_6.jpg

I received the Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedals a few days ago.

While still tweaking settings and getting accustomed to using them with various sims on the PC and Xbox One, I must say that the experience is more immersive using the HOTAS - TFRP combo than using a gamepad or stick and keyboard combination.

For the racing games, I am considering the Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel + Logitech G Driving Force Shifter Bundle $269.99. A bit more kit than the Thrustmaster flight HOTAS -TFRP combo, but offers solid build and cross-platform compatibility with force feedback.