All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Joystick stops working on Gameex 16.10

Alan Ribas

After I upgraded the gameex frontend to version "16.10" a problem started to appear that I had not noticed before. I can not say well if it started in version 16.10 because it was a few months without using gameex. may have started the problem in earlier versions.
I have always configured my XBOX ONE joystick to work within the gameex menus.
The problem does not always happen. But it happens quite often.
The joystick sometimes just stops responding. I press all the buttons and nothing happens. I quit gameex and open it again and the joystick works again.

Ps..My computer used updated Windows 10.
I am using the joystick connected through the wirelles receiver.
I use gameex for several years. This is the first time I've seen this happen.

GameEx.ini log.txt

I have seen this happen with Windows 10 updates.

To fix what I encountered, I had to go into Windows Device Manager and open the properties for each of the USB roothubs and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power "

Also, check your Power Settings and disable USB Selective Suspend.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-windows-10-turning-usb-devices?amp

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I have seen this happen with Windows 10 updates.

To fix what I encountered, I had to go into Windows Device Manager and open the properties for each of the USB roothubs and disable "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power "

Also, check your Power Settings and disable USB Selective Suspend.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-windows-10-turning-usb-devices?amp

I can't find this option "USB selective suspend."

Could you pass me a step by step?

Thank you!!!

1 hour ago, Alan Ribas said:

I can't find this option "USB selective suspend."

Could you pass me a step by step?

Thank you!!!

The steps are in the url I provided.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-prevent-windows-10-turning-usb-devices

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Click on Hardware and Sound.

3. Click on Power Options.

4. Under "Preferred plan," click the Change plan settings link for the plan you're currently using. (If you change the settings on the power plan that isn't active, this won't work.)

5. Click the Change advanced power settings link.

6. Expand USB settings.

7. Expand USB selective suspend setting.

8. Select Disabled from the drop-down menu.

9. Click Apply.

10. Click OK.

Weird...
This option was already disabled !!:blink:
And yet the joystick is still stopping responding at times.

The first part of his instructions I had already done. And yet the joystick stopped responding within gameex.
Wow life !! One more thing to take my patience inside gameex !!! :(
A.thumb.png.da236ffbdbea026a154dedae36ba226b.png

I am not able to replicate the issue. You may want to try disabling all power management to see a positve impact. 

If I was encountering this, I would check the Event Viewer to see if anything stands out for the date and time it occurs. Also l would check my BIOS to see if there are any settings that are related to the USB ports suspending power to the hubs. 

On 1/3/2020 at 4:56 PM, Draco1962 said:

I am not able to replicate the issue. You may want to try disabling all power management to see a positve impact. 

If I was encountering this, I would check the Event Viewer to see if anything stands out for the date and time it occurs. Also l would check my BIOS to see if there are any settings that are related to the USB ports suspending power to the hubs. 

I made it. I'll watch to see if it worked. I checked the "prioritize performance" setting. I will observe. If it does not work I will check the BIOS options, just as you suggested.