All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Joystick Exit Command

Galvanize

Hello,

I'm using GamEx Arcade edition.  I'm  unable to assign any joystick button to exit out of games - it doesn't let me input anything.      Also, my GameEx setup wizard is missing configuration items (Theme selection and download themes etc) I'm trying to enter in a new theme.   Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Joystick.PNG

Layout.PNG

Please attach copies of your gameex.ini and log.txt files (no copy and paste) in reply to this thread.

As for themes or skinning GameEx Arcade Edition, unlike GameEx, it is a manual process that requires some knowledge of how the theme structure works to know which image or video files to modify or replace.

It doesn't have a name on it.   I'm attaching a picture of it.   So far I deleted GameEx Arcade and reinstall GameEx with same result, so I reinstall GameEx Arcade and still having same issue.     I'm building a multi-cade and don't want to use the keyboard for exiting.    

IMG_0520.jpg

In Windows Device Manager, you should be able to launch from the controller icon (right click it) to launch the game pad's calibration utility.

You can press on each button to get the button number as recognized by Windows. You will need this scheme.  Can you try to obtain this and note it here? 

Hello,

Windows Device Manager perfectly seems my joystick and responds perfectly to each button press.    I love the interface for GameEx Arcade, but I'm disappointed that it can't recognize my joystick , especially when it responds well in the game.     Regarding RedDog's post my problem is different because its not responding to no input commands.  

Sorry I haven't been back to this as I have had some "real life" issues to address and have not been back to my PC to try to simulate your errors. I recommend sticking with one input device to try to troubleshoot - either the Jamma controller or the Mayflash gamepad.

Please be aware with the holidays upon us, support is going to be light. I invite other members to assist if anything comes to mind in the interim.

No need to apologize.   I'll stick with the Mayflash gamepad for now.     I edit both custominput.default and custominput and edit the line JoystickExit entry with 
JoystickExit=[JOYCODE_1_BUTTON4]

It now shows in the SetupWizard input devices, but still no success.   I'm assuming the entry JOYCODE_1_BUTTON4 means just to press button 4?    

THanks for your assistance!

All I can think the issue is it is a keyboard device or does not support directinput.

A common issue is people assume there devices are game pad devices but actually use keyboard encoders or vice versa.

Does your device operate as a keyboard instead of a gamepad? Have you at least tried the keyboard controls?

You may want to look at this web page:

https://www.howtogeek.com/404214/how-to-remap-any-controller-to-keyboard-keys-on-windows-and-macos/

his may help you to use the gamepad with keyboard responses leveraging Antimicro. Definitely try testing using a keyboard as Tom suggested.

This looks similar to but is likely older than the current Mayflash F101 Arcade Stick - http://www.mayflash.com/Products/PLAYSTATION/F101.html

The F101 "Supports the XINPUT and DINPUT when being used on PC" accoring to the site. It is possible that your model does not support directinput, but not knowing what model # makes this just an assumption.

Hey guys,

I’m away on vacation but will do some testing when I get back home early next week.  I’m making an arcade cabinet with MAME and was testing a few front end software.  Ideally I’ll be using Haap controllers .  I tried Maximus which works with the May stick and Happ controls but I do prefer the GameEx package.   Thanks for all your help