All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Able to override DirectB2S on specific tables with video?

40yearoldPinhead

I love this front end,  thank you for a great product.

i was wondering if it is possible to have the default setting of “Use DirectB2S in Front End” set to TRUE but override this on specific tables?  For example, I have backglass videos recorded for a table, but if the DirectB2S file exists, it displays this instead.  It’d like it to display this only if there is no video present, but when I have a video, display that instead.

if I set this option to FALSE, the videos work fine.  

Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone can give.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:58 AM, Mike_da_Spike said:

Maybe a stupid question. For vpx you always have a b2s file or not ? I don't know a table on my cab without a directb2s file 

Yeah but I use VP9 for some tables, and those have executables instead of the B2S.  And the only thing I don’t like about the B2S files is it just lights up a little, so while I make videos I’d like to have something there.  So for the most part, all tables will have something, but as I record tables, I can slowly replace them with videos.  

I am recording synchronized videos so the table, sounds, and backglass are in sync when the demo runs, so it takes some time to make a full set.

3 hours ago, 40yearoldPinhead said:

That’s the eventual goal, I was hoping to have a happy middle ground of the B2S file until I record the full video set

There is another option, for tables you don't have videos for yet you could add static backglass images. Pinballx looks for videos first then images. Depends if you'd be happy with static images i guess, should be plenty on the FTP (as well as stock backglass videos of course, but they might be harder to identify as not your recordings later)

• Like 1