All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Guide button.

Tom Speirs

I got a chance to set up a new GameEx rig for a 5 year old. Always nice to do that and it gives me a chance to fix issues. Hence a few fixes to GameLauncher mode in the latest release.

Anyway just talking but I see the Guide button no longer works in latest Windows 10 to exit games or in any software other than windows itself. May be worth looking at different controllers going forward.

Cheers.

Tom.

PS: Went with game launcher mode and no game info page just to keep it simple for the nipper. Got like 5 systems setup. No MAME arcade as I feel those games are a little hard. Bought a refurbished Dell OptiPlex 9020 mini for the box with a couple of AmazonBasic 360 controllers. Total around $300 US. Runs N64 and PSX perfectly even with a little upscaling. All Retroarch based.

• Like 1

I saw that game launcher mode is enabled for GameEx Arcade Edition (Thanks!) but I was unable to locate it in the Setup Wizard within or for GameEx 16.08 for that matter. I might just be over tired and missing it after a day at the Mouse House, can you tell me where is the option located? Thanks!

Disregard. Appears I misunderstood about it being available for AE. I found the separate shortcut for GameEx. I can see the merits for it on a simple box for someone without having to dig through menus and going straight to the content.