All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Problems to load some backglasses with VPX

Zedixair

First, be aware I'm a newbie ! So, I'm sorry if my questions seems stupid to you ! ^_^

I run PBX in a cab with W10 / 16Go RAM / SSD 500Go / GeForce 1070 8 Mo, emulators VPX 10.6 final + Pinball FX3.

As i'm not at home, I can't verify what version I have, but it's a one year and  a half old version (3 dot something).

All my +600 tables were running fine until a recent time, with the releases of VPX tables and backglasses with heavy files, like Addams Family (G5K version), The Flintstones, TOTAN, and a few other ones that are older (Funhouse)...

I still can launch these tables directly in VPX and having them perfectly working, but when I try to launch them with PBX, the backglasses doesn't launch at all. It's not a problem of  a "hidden" BG, it just doesn't load at all. As I was using high res BG, I tried to install smaller ones  with lower res (smaller files), but it changed nothing. And all my other tables still works...

What can I do to solve this problem ?

And if you think it's because my version of PBX is not up-to-date, how can I update my version without loosing all my settings / medias / etc ?

PS: PinballX is a great soft, good job ! 

21 minutes ago, Zedixair said:

And if you think it's because my version of PBX is not up-to-date,

Yes!, i think there was a fix for that at some stage. Good to run latest anyway for support.

21 minutes ago, Zedixair said:

how can I update my version without loosing all my settings / medias / etc

Just install latest version straight over the top. Media and settings won't be changed, just the app.

If you still have issues after updating please post back and attach your pinballx.ini and log.txtfiles.

• Thanks 1

Just a little feedback about my issue:

updating to last version seems to have solve the problem. :)

All the tables I tried (TOTAN, TAF, Flintstones, Cirqus Voltaire, Funhouse...) are now working.

The only problem I noticed after updating is that a few personalised settings have been modified : for instance, the launching sound, or the default video for missing BG.

Nothing hard to modify. Thank you again for updating this great software ! 

• Like 1